Tottenham Hotspur Vs Everton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No, I'm not saying Kane is shit. I'm trying to show you your own hypocrisy

Well you've failed big time!

To say that Bentelab had a good game because he had a shot at goal while ignoring him giving the ball away needlessly and conceding free kicks says a lot about you.

We shd stick to what we're good at!

I won't argue with you about bacon so don't argue with me about football.

There's nice!

Its not stupidity, its the hope that for once our signings are an improvement. Isnt that the point?

When your competition is Townsend and Lamela, you are going to stand out.

Why now? Because next game we have two new players who Id rather see play than Chadli.
He played well yesterday......as I said, thats what he does when the team plays well.
But when we are struggling to break a team down he wont make the difference, or take it upon himself to go and win a game. He´s a passenger, who has good attributes, but no more than that.

Id be happy to see in the next game:

............Bentaleb...............Dier............Dembele

Njie.......................................................................Son

.......................................Kane

Why is that stupid? How many chances does Chadli create for Kane? Fuck all is how many.
Maybe its stupid to want a midfield that actually plays to the strengths of our 30 goal striker, rather than one that leaves him isolated for so long..
How many did Eriksen assist for Kane. He made 2 all season.
Chadli made 5, Mason 4 and Lamela the shittiest player of all, probably assisted Kane more than anyone with 7.

How many did Eriksen assist for Kane. He made 2 all season.
Chadli made 5, Mason 4 and Lamela the shittiest player of all, probably assisted Kane more than anyone with 7.

Eriksen has been massively poor, but is clearly a very good footballer, with the potential to be much, much more.
He suffers from having poor players around him.

Eriksen will shine if Son and Njie are able to stay wide and out of his space.

Chadli has peaked, there is no more to come from him, and its this averageness thats strangling our team.

Well you've failed big time!

To say that Bentelab had a good game because he had a shot at goal while ignoring him giving the ball away needlessly and conceding free kicks says a lot about you.

We shd stick to what we're good at!

I won't argue with you about bacon so don't argue with me about football.

There's nice!
I don't agree with you at all. I think Bentaleb and Dier has been our best midfield pairing so far(albeit we haven't seen much of Alli). Bentaleb had a good game yesterday, I honestly don't understand how you can think he was bad.

Eriksen has been massively poor, but is clearly a very good footballer, with the potential to be much, much more.

Chadli has peaked, there is no more to come from him, and its this averageness thats strangling our team.
We'll see a lot more from Eriksen this season.

We need two more strikers in. End of. Fucking shambolic being four games in, with three points, and one fucking striker. This wouldn't happen at any other club. Fucking pathetic.
Manchester United mate.

Every club has their problems. All fans moan. Even City, Real Madrid, Barca - everyone has a gripe about their club. Don't make it out like we're the only team that have issues.

Way late to the party.

Unlucky not to wine. Falling in love with Dier in the CM. Loving the toughness he, Mason and even Bentaleb show. They all go into tackles hard adding a toughness we've lacked for a long time.

Have to love what Mason and Alli bring to the team. Finally players that want to make runs behind the defense. Hoping that N'jie and Son do the same.

The youth and inexperience in our side is obvious, but it should be a fun ride and watching them grow. When it clicks, I think we'll all be very happy.

I totally agree. There's something about watching Chadli play that just really annoys me. Yes, he was our second top scorer last season, and he has a good touch. But he just looks uninspiring, he doesn't get me excited the way an attacking player should. I really don't know what it is about him, but I would like to see someone else coming in for him soon.

I totally agree. There's something about watching Chadli play that just really annoys me. Yes, he was our second top scorer last season, and he has a good touch. But he just looks uninspiring, he doesn't get me excited the way an attacking player should. I really don't know what it is about him, but I would like to see someone else coming in for him soon.

Chadli is frustrating for sure but the ability is there, he suits the 'controlled' style we play at the moment which doesn't always benefit counter attacking football. He seems to me a confidence player who needs games under his belt. I'm hoping he'll come good, but he needs a rocket up his arse.

I don't agree with you at all. I think Bentaleb and Dier has been our best midfield pairing so far(albeit we haven't seen much of Alli). Bentaleb had a good game yesterday, I honestly don't understand how you can think he was bad.

We'll have to agree to disagree then although I'm hopeful Benty will develop but he's nowhere near the real deal yet!

His passing is too often poor leading to mistimed tackles but that's not all his fault as our possession ,pressing system doesn't suit!

It's all very well trying to play tika taka
But we don't have the talent to do it.

An example was Saturday when deep into stoppage time, no score, and we were spraying pointless passes sideways in our own half.

Possession is good in the right areas but all too often we do it in the wrong areas.

Maybe the new signings will change this philosophy or Pooch will drill any flair they may have out of them!

:pocheyes:

From re-watching the Everton game I am totally convinced Spurs look a totally different team to this time last year. We can moan about transfers all we like but we now have a team that plays together and works really hard.

Deli Ali is looking like the spark we need along with Mason and Dier. They all showed in this game that they are quality and also most importantly they have huge fighting spirit.

Ali's little dive in the box half way through the second half... although cringeworthy was also something we have been crying out for. Diers bossing of the mid-field we also masterful he made Barry look like someone's granddad. Masons runs into the box were well timed and unlucky not to bear fruit.

I think even in the frenzy of this transfer window we should be mindful that it's obvious a very competitive and aggressive young team are growing up.

Well done Poch. I believe in you.

Back
Top Bottom