Tottenham Hotspur Vs Everton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Much more encouraging, lots of positives apart from the result.. It just didn't happen. A performance like that would normally end in a 3-0.
I thought Dier was awesome today, and Dembele before he went off.. Any news on that??
Kane is letting the lazy pundits get to him and is trying too hard.. It will come Harry it will come. Dont listen to the Prick pundits get to you.
The atmosphere in the ground was excellent today.. mind you the 17-30 KO helped, lots of well oiled fans in there today..
As for Everton fans, they were shite, all they were singing was Fuck Off Mourinho, and money can't buy you Stones.
Other than the result, the only negative was the amount of stupid freekicks we give away in dangerous areas. We gave loads away near the end and any one of them could've ended in a goal..
Good job the back 4 were on song today, in fact I thought all 4 were superb..
Deserved more but it was an encouraging display..
Agreed mate. But i still thought our movement behind Harry could have been better. Chadli doesn't give us that. Mason's runs are excellent but he doesn't offer much else. Dembele looked great but just doesn't work hard enough off the ball. Would have liked to see Pritch on earlier. The boy was absolutely CHOMPING at the bit. Great to see. Made feel massively proud to see someone home grown like that clearly so chuffed to be given 5 mins.

As you say, Harry will be fine. Thought Howard was excellent today.

Another frustrating game at the Lane. Seems par for the course under Poch the pooch.

Kane's miss when 1 on 1 was poor. No excuse I could see (live) for such a miss. I think it must be about 6 months since he last scored at the Lane....not good enough.

Pockets of good play in second half generated a good atmosphere which was praise worthy. Kone got the run on Jan and we nearly got caught. Other than that Everton caused no massive concerns, so all in all it feels a little like another 2 points dropped.

Options from the Bench simply frightening. Really really frightening. Pritchard is too small....jog off on loan son.

Really really worrying @ half time they showed an interview with Son on the Jumbotron. The man can't speak a word of English !

Psycho Pat looked well though :)
Yeah, Pritchard's too small, just like Modric and Messi are completely useless too.

And don't worry about Son's English, just look forward to his goals. Oh wait, forgot, you prefer being miserable.

Pritchard is way too small.

Players smaller than Prtichard:
Lionel Messi
David Silva
Aaron Lennon
Joe Allen
Alexis Sanchez
Santi Cazorla
Nathan Dyer

These players will never amount to anything.

Yeah, Pritchard's too small, just like Modric and Messi are completely useless too.

And don't worry about Son's English, just look forward to his goals. Oh wait, forgot, you prefer being miserable.
I'll give some optimism a try...your right it's not bleak and there is no need to panic yet, it's early days

Best performance so far.....no idea how anyone saw anything near that level in the last three games.

Shame about the finishing and the lack of options. Promising and uplifting, and a goal would have been nice, but not scoring doesnt lessen the effort.

Good game

Today was the first time i'd seen us this season, god knows how bad we've been previously if this is a performance to get anything positive from.

I thought we were awful.

I thought his save from Masons in the second half when Alli played him in was world class. If Lloris had made that save, I wonder what tune you'd be playing.

Much more encouraging, lots of positives apart from the result.. It just didn't happen. A performance like that would normally end in a 3-0.
I thought Dier was awesome today, and Dembele before he went off.. Any news on that??
Kane is letting the lazy pundits get to him and is trying too hard.. It will come Harry it will come. Dont listen to the Prick pundits get to you.
The atmosphere in the ground was excellent today.. mind you the 17-30 KO helped, lots of well oiled fans in there today..
As for Everton fans, they were shite, all they were singing was Fuck Off Mourinho, and money can't buy you Stones.
Other than the result, the only negative was the amount of stupid freekicks we give away in dangerous areas. We gave loads away near the end and any one of them could've ended in a goal..
Good job the back 4 were on song today, in fact I thought all 4 were superb..
Deserved more but it was an encouraging display..
Absolutely spot on in every way. Saves me having to type it. Apart from the result today - and frustration at lack of goals - I really enjoyed being at WHL. The support was excellent today and tried to lift the team in the 2nd half.

Good game today, but I'm always left with a disappointing feeling after a 0-0 game. Glad to hear most fans are positive and to hear the good atmosphere at WHL(though only through the TV)! COYS

Just got back from the Lane. Don't know the general reaction on here but my main observations:

• Decent first half with some very good opportunities
  • Brilliant second half, best performance since West Brom away last year
  • Danny Rose is much better than Ben Davies
  • Danny Rose makes Nacer Chadli a much better player
  • Mason was very good, less effective when out wide
  • Dier is getting better and better at DM
  • Jan was much improved
  • Alli looked good again
  • Kane should have scored, but much more involved and I have no doubts
  • Much better atmosphere at WHL, shame it's the players that have to lift the fans rather than vice versa
  • We'll win soon, very positive game
Agree with all of that except for the bit about the players lifting the fans. In the second half, the crowd were really getting behind the team and lifted the performance for me. Such a shame not to get the win as I thought everyone pulled together today and it could have been a REALLY positive day as opposed to a reasonably positive one. COYS.

agree with all the positive posters so will not bore anyone with duplicate post. What I will say is I think we have the best home fans in the league. It is a fucking joy to be in such great company. Thought Leicester fans were OK at home but takeaway their plastic happy flappy clappy things there would be silence. It will come, I have seen nothing to make me panic and I hope our new boys are the pace that we need, at least they should provide another dimension. The Lane was not a bad place to be last season, many said this was because of Kane braking through. Well we have some good lads coming through, lads that connect us again. I am not saying this is a team that will finish higher than last year, but I think this could be a side that we as fans can relate to and be more connected with. For those who stayed behind I am sure you must have felt this by the way the players applauded.
Dier I love you.

Back
Top Bottom