Anderlecht vs Spurs 22 Oct

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dembele/Dier weren't good enough in midfield I thought. Dier is the defensive midfielder yet he plays the more balls forward. They were part of our problem I thought. I love them both as footballers but today it didn't work.

Townsend starting wasn't good and his performance was worse. N'Jie should have stayed on and he should have been the first to come off. Trippier was dreadful.

Good to see Onomah come on and get minutes. Still a good experience for him and he showed some nice touches. Hopefully it gets to a stage this season where he's starting games.

We move on to Bournemouth away where our strongest team will be lining up in a much more important competition.

At least Kyle used to have some idea where the guy he was marking had got to. Trippier just has his eyes glued to the ball at all times.

Trippier is just poor no other word describes him but Walker isn't a lot better other than being quicker and never pulls out of challenges.

Annoying.
Doesnt matter much as we will likely still go through, the group is wide open.
BUT I am annoyed because we will see the same next game: a massive massive need for a striker! No doubt I am not the only one to see the obvious here. It is so infuriating given the effort we put into each game, but we cant get the ball in front of goal and then in the net.

Their player, Gillet was really good. If he plays like that normally then we should sign him up.

There's no shame losing an away game. We can do them at home.
The group is still wide open for qualifying to the knockouts.

The English CL teams are also not perfect. No problem. I see all of them making to the knockout stage.

Relax and take a deep breath.

Poch out.
The football is garbage and 1 good game every few months is not what the history of this club is all about.
At least try to play fucking football, not bore everyone to death with this shit.

Call me a shit poster if you like, but we have a significant problem in front of goal. Levy must bear some of the blame for this - it's not as if it hasn't been mentioned before. Of course the group is still wide open - my support for the team has nothing to do with Levy.

Tripper can be best described by his facial hair, who the fuck sports a neck beard?????

Seriously though, when Pochettino teams play bad, they don't half make you want to cut, I mean jesus fucking christ, backs to goal, maximum of two people moving at a time, shit crossing, sideways passing, if we're not playing with Fazio why are we playing at the speed he walks?

The most annoying part is we never getting any explanation, Poch doesn't say what he was trying to do, he doesn't say why the only thing you need to do against us is apply pressure, why his teams don't always apply pressure. I'm not even remotely close to asking for him to go, but c'mon, sort it out Poch.

Zis is football

I should know better than to expect objective comment from the FIFA / FM generation. Kane had two relatively simple chances to turn a bad performance into a win. He took neither, where a good striker would have. He had the chances, blew them, the result is his fault. How can you disagree with that? I don't care how many yards he ran, how many passes he completed, tackles he made or take ons he had, whatever they are. He is our only striker and he is not technically good enough to score goals when presented with simple chances, game after game.

We are second in the group if things stay as they are in the other game, top if Qarabag equalize, with 2 home games out of the 3 remaining. There is no risk we won't qualify ... it is almost impossible not to qualify from the group stage in this competition.

Back
Top Bottom