Anderlecht vs Spurs 22 Oct

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would like to see Wimmer get a run out here. Also, given our mini-midfield injury crisis some game time for Onumah. N'Jie upfront for me

Gutted I couldn't get tickets for this one.

We need to rotate to a degree but think a win here is vital for our progress so we still need to put out a strong line up. No moaning about distances and flight times for this one either, we have PL away days further away than Brussels.

We need to top this group, otherwise we're facing a CL drop out team which is such a lottery. We'll make life much easier for ourselves if we take these group games seriously. Fed up of treating it like the League Cup.

Think we'll draw...1-1.

Gutted I couldn't get tickets for this one.

We need to rotate to a degree but think a win here is vital for our progress so we still need to put out a strong line up. No moaning about distances and flight times for this one either, we have PL away days further away than Brussels.

We need to top this group, otherwise we're facing a CL drop out team which is such a lottery. We'll make life much easier for ourselves if we take these group games seriously. Fed up of treating it like the League Cup.

Think we'll draw...1-1.

We have a large enough talented squad that we can rotate without being too weak, it's not far, it's against a somewhat decent team, and we don't have the league cup games to add to our game tally this season, so I hope we take this seriously and come away with three points.

I'm going to be there, but I don't have a ticket so unfortunately I'm just going to have to resort to lobbing empty mussel shells at people.

Has any one seen Anderlecht this season? Are they any good? I saw their CL games last year against the scum and they were the better team in both games. The dominated them in their home game with the scum scraping 2 goals in the last 2 mins of the game other than those two games I haven't seen them kick a ball.

So no Chadli, Son, Mason, Benteleb and Pritchard...

------------------------------Lloris-----------------------------
Trppier---------Wimmer-----Vertonghen--------Davies
---------------------------Dier--Alderweireld---------------
--------Dembele------------Lamela--------Townsend--
--------------------------------N'JIe---------------------------

Kane needs a rest...i would rest Eriksen for this one too.

Has any one seen Anderlecht this season? Are they any good? I saw their CL games last year against the scum and they were the better team in both games. The dominated them in their home game with the scum scraping 2 goals in the last 2 mins of the game other than those two games I haven't seen them kick a ball.
3rd in their league, last game they won 4-0. Lost to Qarabag at Qarabag. I'd be comfortable with a draw. Monaco are bottom of the group who are probably our biggest competition. As long as we win our home games, we'll be right.

Not sure this team has enough centrehalves :avbmad:

Seriously, though I'd rest Dembele too, probably play Onomah instead of him.

Lloris

Trippier
Toby
Wimmer
Davies

Dier
Alli
Onomah

Townsend
Clinton
Rose (seriously - if not, consider Onomah outside and Winks coming into midfield)

Wimmer and Verts are both LCB's. Not gonna happen. Also not sure why Toby would play in DM next to Dier? We need someone in there capable of making things happen. Looks far too defensive.
Not sure this team has enough centrehalves :avbmad:

Seriously, though I'd rest Dembele too, probably play Onomah instead of him.

Lloris

Trippier
Toby
Wimmer
Davies

Dier
Alli
Onomah

Townsend
Clinton
Rose (seriously - if not, consider Onomah outside and Winks coming into midfield)
Midfield and up front way too weak for me. They'd beat us if we line up like that. Personally I'd like to see -

[formation=4231, Lloris, Trippier, Toby, Jan, Davies, Dier, Dembele, Lamela, Eriksen, Townsend, Kane][/formation]

Last edited:
Nothing confirmed yet but ankle ligament damage suspected.
Shit... Hope it's just a sprain.

I just hate it that we aren't getting any real info on injuries. I know, it's part of the game, but Mason has been sidelined with a small injury since Sunderland, same with Bentaleb and Son. Only injury updates we got were on Rose and Pritchard earlier.

Wimmer and Verts are both LCB's. Not gonna happen. Also not sure why Toby would play in DM next to Dier? We need someone in there capable of making things happen. Looks far too defensive.

Midfield and up front way too weak for me. They'd beat us if we line up like that. Personally I'd like to see -

[formation=4231, Lloris, Trippier, Toby, Jan, Davies, Dier, Dembele, Lamela, Eriksen, Townsend, N'Jie][/formation]
looks defensive because of the lack of options we have due to injuries. I suppose Carroll could play in CM but not a massive fan to be totally honest.
Point is...i don't want to see Kane and Eriksen playing this one (especially the former).

Belgian Spur Belgian Spur is probably our Anderlecht expert
They are very much hit and miss this season ... sometimes awesome, sometimes really poor

Best players are Okaka (in superb form), Praet and Defour. Weakest links are the wingbacks and defence in general atm. Their absolute star player, Suarez, is coming back from a very long injury and hasnt found his form yet.

But dont underestimate the fact that they are a proud team, and against opposition with fame and reputation they always try to show their worth.

Back
Top Bottom