Anderlecht vs Spurs 22 Oct

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Really need 3 on the w'end so i'm rotating a few players. Would see us needing capacity for playing in the counter.
Lloris, Trippier, Toby, Wimmer, Davies, Dier, Dembele, Lamela, Alli, Townsend, N'Jie.
These guys should win.

NorseYid NorseYid How about push Rose into this kind of position.
Lloris

Wimmer - Alderweireld - Vertonen

Dier - Eriksen - Dembele

Townsend - N'Jie - Lamela - Rose​

No idea. Generally I am strangely discomfortable about 3 man backlines. It's just like having lapdances by strippers with strong jawlines - no rational explanation, just creates an awkward aura of discomfort.

Where was I?

Ah yeah, the system is very exciting as such, but usually it kind of ends up with the 2 wide forwards playing at regular winback anyway.

Midfield and up front way too weak for me. They'd beat us if we line up like that. Personally I'd like to see -

I disagree. Alli has already proven more than capable and Dier speaks for himself. Onomah is a big lad with strong runs and a certain workrate and he was already in countless match day squads. He is no Tom Carroll.

As for the attack it is built for pace and hustling, little more. Weak, mayhaps, but both Kane and Chad needs to sit this one out.

They are very much hit and miss this season ... sometimes awesome, sometimes really poor

Best players are Okaka (in superb form), Praet and Defour. Weakest links are the wingbacks and defence in general atm. Their absolute star player, Suarez, is coming back from a very long injury and hasnt found his form yet.

But dont underestimate the fact that they are a proud team, and against opposition with fame and reputation they always try to show their worth.
Tielemans fit?

Alli has already proven more than capable
Has he? He's played well, but he's not changing games in my opinion. He's doing well for a young lad but nothing more than that. Certainly can't be expected to carry the weight of the team on a European away day.

Onomah is a big lad with strong runs and a certain workrate and he was already in countless match day squads.
He's totally unproven at senior level. Again, like Alli, cannot be expected to make the difference on a Euro away day, nice as it would be.

both Kane and Chad needs to sit this one out
Why? We played on Saturday at lunchtime, so they can't play come Thursday evening less than 250 miles from N17?

This new perception that professional athletes cannot play 90 minutes of football more than once a week is getting out of hand. It's been happening for decades, and seems to only be a problem for English teams, who feel the need to rotate their entire squad for European competition.

Anyone in our team who is incapable of playing Sat -Thu-Sun needs to have their multi-million pound contract torn up. It's getting ridiculous and seems to be the norm to assume this is completely unfair and unreasonable to ask our players to play twice a week. It's really not.

Millbanks Millbanks yeah he's playing but far from what he is capable of at the moment, will be a superb player but needs to take some steps now to improve his overall game and mental stability. Coping with the second season (or third depending on how you look at his career so far) is something all youngsters need to go through if they want to become real top professionals.

No idea. Generally I am strangely discomfortable about 3 man backlines. It's just like having lapdances by strippers with strong jawlines - no rational explanation, just creates an awkward aura of discomfort.

Where was I?

Ah yeah, the system is very exciting as such, but usually it kind of ends up with the 2 wide forwards playing at regular winback anyway.
We won the title in Belgium (while that might seem very easy, it was our first one in 115 years) with a three man defence, never really liked the 3-5-2 / 5-3-2 set up but since last season i've seen what if can offer to a team and its quite difficult to play against and a very flexible set up.

We won the title in Belgium (while that might seem very easy, it was our first one in 115 years) with a three man defence, never really liked the 3-5-2 / 5-3-2 set up but since last season i've seen what if can offer to a team and its quite difficult to play against and a very flexible set up.
'We' ?!?!

It's why I play it on teh FIFA with my Hull team:
Akinfeev

Corluka - Dawson - Churches

Livermore - Bentaleb
Farfan

Lennon - Hernandez - N'Jie - Yedlin​

Does anyone seriously question why Kane needs to sit out this game? Did you see our last, say, 3 games?

And are you seriously questioning why it isn't feasible? Our only viable option up front other than Kane right now is Son, who is out injured. I know you think dropping Kane will do us a world of good, but in all reality it will just make our game against Anderlecht that much harder, and when we play again at the weekend Kane won't be in any better position to improve his form.

The only changes I see being made to the team that started against Liverpool is Trippier for Walker, N'Jie/Townsend for Chadli and maybe Wimmer for Jan. I wouldn't expect wholesale changes though, we played most of last year with about 15 players really.

And are you seriously questioning why it isn't feasible? Our only viable option up front other than Kane right now is Son, who is out injured. I know you think dropping Kane will do us a world of good, but in all reality it will just make our game against Anderlecht that much harder, and when we play again at the weekend Kane won't be in any better position to improve his form.

The only changes I see being made to the team that started against Liverpool is Trippier for Walker, N'Jie/Townsend for Chadli and maybe Wimmer for Jan. I wouldn't expect wholesale changes though, we played most of last year with about 15 players really.

He might improve, simply because at present he is completely knackered.

I don't suggest resting him because he is low on confidence but because he is visibly drained.

He might improve, simply because at present he is completely knackered.

I don't suggest resting him because he is low on confidence but because he is visibly drained.

I honestly don't get where you are getting that from. He's in shit form and it has nothing to do with fatigue, and if it does it makes sense to give him days off from training, not playing.

You are however suggesting we rest a player (who shouldn't need rested) who has nobody who can come in to the team for him in a game that we need to be trying to win.

I honestly don't get where you are getting that from. He's in shit form and it has nothing to do with fatigue, and if it does it makes sense to give him days off from training, not playing.

You are however suggesting we rest a player (who shouldn't need rested) who has nobody who can come in to the team for him in a game that we need to be trying to win.

So you don't think he looks fatigued?

OK. I give up on this one.

Lloris
Tripper Toby Wimmer Davies
Carroll Dier
Townsend Alli Eriksen
N'Jie

Wouldn't be surprised with something like this. Though I could see Dembele getting another run out. Depending on the fitness of Mason & Bentaleb I wouldn't be surprised to see either of those two get late playing time in this one.

Lloris
Tripper Toby Wimmer Davies
Carroll Dier
Townsend Alli Eriksen
N'Jie

Wouldn't be surprised with something like this. Though I could see Dembele getting another run out. Depending on the fitness of Mason & Bentaleb I wouldn't be surprised to see either of those two get late playing time in this one.
Heart says Dembele should play, head that perhaps now when fit we should leave him on bench until weekend.

Isn't Carroll injured, btw?

Heart says Dembele should play, head that perhaps now when fit we should leave him on bench until weekend.

Isn't Carroll injured, btw?

I haven't heard anything about a Carroll injury. If he is than it changes my lineup considerably. Harry Winks is certainly not good enough yet to do anything but come off the bench.

I haven't heard anything about a Carroll injury. If he is than it changes my lineup considerably. Harry Winks is certainly not good enough yet to do anything but come off the bench.

OK. If fit, then he should start over Winks, blatantly. Him and Dier should be ok.

The front 4 are the real question, anyway.

Back
Top Bottom