Anderlecht vs Spurs 22 Oct

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dembele wasn't played on the left. Trippier was diabolical today, but isn't it hard to deem him a failure this early on? Davies has performed well this season, are you sure you know or bad players from the good?

"Are you sure you know or bad players from the good"?

I think so!

Loris, Kane, Eriksen, Dier good.

Townsend, Trippier, Davies bad.

Ok?

:avbshit:

It's frustrating isn't it?
Just when you feel the team is moving forward tonight happens.
There are some players who just don't recognise or acknowledge the discipline needed in certain game situations...and there are some players who still
think there is an 'i' in team....
Tonight was a perfect example...7 players striving to work as a unit and 3 maybe 4 doing there 'own thing'.
Time to toughen up Poch!!!!!

Davies has been turning in good performances this year and deserves to play, with N'jie moved up top and Chadli and Son both injured Townsend basically has to play in this Europa fixture, and Dembele played centrally this game as well...Trippier was pretty bad though so I'll give you that.

This loss is disheartening because of the shining start the lads had tonight. The team looked like it was going to flow and attack well until that equalizer.

Davies turning in good performances???

:walker-scream:

Shining start???

A flukey goal from Eriksen, a bad miss from Eriksen, another bad miss from Lamela?

N'jie was a disaster up top!

Not yet no......

:pochbye:
Ha. This post just proves what you're about.

''not yet'' as if you're gonna get proven right because we're going to drop down the league and Poch will get sacked. As if that's actually what you want rather than prosperity.

Shining start???

A flukey goal from Eriksen, a bad miss from Eriksen, another bad miss from Lamela?

Another such post.

Using a goal inside 5 minutes to belittle your own team. It's a good start whether you like it or not.

On the subject of Davies. I take it you didn't watch the City game. Not surprised tbf seeing as you and your like are pigs in shit when we lose but memory fades sharp when recollecting good performances.

Pathetic.

On that bombshell, I'm going to bed.

Shining start???

Who would you have played up top?

Levy fails to back the manager yet again, and you're all over the manager. Squad doesn't look so strong now does it? Blame the manager? This shit has been going on for years. What is the constant? To me it's fucking obvious.

Who would you have played up top?

Levy fails to back the manager yet again, and you're all over the manager. Squad doesn't look so strong now does it? Blame the manager? This shit has been going on for years. What is the constant? To me it's fucking obvious.

That's the question Joe who would I have played up top?

I don't know.

Who else is there?

We know now that N'jie is a 2nd rate player who occasionally runs fast!
7 career goals so why did we buy him?
He certainly isn't the answer up top!

But thanks to Poch who said he was happy with the squad only having one striker there are no options!

Yes I know Levy is behind all this and he is the constant but Poch rolling over really annoys me!

Let's be honest tonight's performance was unacceptable and compare it to Woolwich last night.
They beat Bayern while we were outclassed by Anderlecht!

It's fucking embarrassing and shows how far we have to go!

But then I wouldn't rule out us beating Woolwich in a one off unless Poch deliberately weakens the side in a NLD cup game of course or have we all forgotten?

I fucking haven't!

Our squad is young and there is potential but it's nowhere near as good as the one we had a few years ago.
Our recruitment up until this summer has been shocking.

Blame the manager.
Even this summer the most glaring problem was not addressed. l hoped we'd wing it (pun not intended) but if you're going to play 4-2-3-1 you need more than one 1. This stuff is not hard.

i dont mind getting beaten in the EL. Highlights areas where we need to improve. It's hardly going to complicate getting through this group.
I do... especially as we've had to put up with the Arse being hailed as the greatest ever living football club ever after Tuesday...
The LEAST we coulda done was to win and prove we are at least on the right track!
TBH whoever just pointed out that the players don't give a fuck about this competition had it spot on...
Doesn't matter how many montages of '84 and intetviews with Graham Roberts they dig up, the EL isn't The UEFA CUP... and it most certainly isn't the CL... and all the players know it.
It's just left to us misty-eyed nostalgics that this comp actually means summit... it clearly doesn't.
Still, maybe they should remind the players of the CL place for the winners... maybe then they'd start caring alright!

Ha. This post just proves what you're about.

''not yet'' as if you're gonna get proven right because we're going to drop down the league and Poch will get sacked. As if that's actually what you want rather than prosperity.

Another such post.

Using a goal inside 5 minutes to belittle your own team. It's a good start whether you like it or not.

On the subject of Davies. I take it you didn't watch the City game. Not surprised tbf seeing as you and your like are pigs in shit when we lose but memory fades sharp when recollecting good performances.

Pathetic.

On that bombshell, I'm going to bed.

Goodnight!

Yes I watched the City game and it was a good performance which I stated in the match thread which you, obviously, haven't bothered your arse to read or you wouldn't have asked such a moronic question!

And this the occasional decent performance in 10 which isn't good enough IMO but clearly it is for you.

As for the rest of your post you are pissed, tired, stressed out or plain stupid!
Or all four!

You bring a new meaning to 'deluded'!

That's the question Joe who would I have played up top?

I don't know.

Who else is there?

We know now that N'jie is a 2nd rate player who occasionally runs fast!
7 career goals so why did we buy him?
He certainly isn't the answer up top!

But thanks to Poch who said he was happy with the squad only having one striker there are no options!

Yes I know Levy is behind all this and he is the constant but Poch rolling over really annoys me!

Let's be honest tonight's performance was unacceptable and compare it to Woolwich last night.
They beat Bayern while we were outclassed by Anderlecht!

It's fucking embarrassing and shows how far we have to go!

But then I wouldn't rule out us beating Woolwich in a one off unless Poch deliberately weakens the side in a NLD cup game of course or have we all forgotten?

I fucking haven't!

It's not thanks to Poch, it's thanks to Levy. What do you expect Poch to say? 'Mr Levy is a tight arsed cunt who lied to me when l took the job'?

Poch isn't Mourinho ( thank fuck). His style is low key uncontroversial. He is not going to undermine his boss in public.

I agree he got it wrong against Woolwich, but we fucked City next game so that can be forgiven. My point is; if you can't say who should have played up front tonight, you must admit that the squad is weak in that area - and that is not down to Poch. Simply slating the current manager doesn't get us anywhere. You're shooting at the wrong guy.

Goodnight!

Yes I watched the City game and it was a good performance which I stated in the match thread which you, obviously, haven't bothered your arse to read or you wouldn't have asked such a moronic question!

And this the occasional decent performance in 10 which isn't good enough IMO but clearly it is for you.

As for the rest of your post you are pissed, tired, stressed out or plain stupid!
Or all four!

You bring a new meaning to 'deluded'!
As I said. Pathetic.

Actually. Playing 4-2-3-1 with 1 striker is enough. Now playing 4-4-2 with one striker, that's a fucking skill!
Touche. I should have said: 'planning a nine month campaign on 4 fronts with a preference for a one striker formation, might be considered a risky venture by some of the more informed football commentators'.

:pochserious:

Back
Top Bottom