The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur vs West Ham United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Season's past, I would be hugely worried by this sort of game (with Chelsea being a physical team and all that). But I actually feel better about it after today. We've shown (again) that we can stand up to teams physically and still play some fantastic football.
Yeah, I think it's the first time in my lifetime, that we go into a match against Chelsea as favourites as well

just out of interest. how much fighting actually goes on these days between fans.
i mean like u see in the films.
gangs of fans arranging to meet up & then they all go at it.
i assume that its pretty much dead & non existant these days.
but dont know if im being really naive.
ps. im not specifically asking u because i think u are a hooligan. so any one can chime in.
Organized fights between fans are fairly common in Denmark at least

just out of interest. how much fighting actually goes on these days between fans.
i mean like u see in the films.
gangs of fans arranging to meet up & then they all go at it.
i assume that its pretty much dead & non existant these days.
but dont know if im being really naive.
ps. im not specifically asking u because i think u are a hooligan. so any one can chime in.
A lot of trouble still happen s but it is all arranged away from the ground. My .Brother in law is a mechanic and he said a few years back there was a massive pre arranged fight in the railway arches in Wanstead Park which is a few miles away from spurs. Suppoos

Anyone else having the best day at work???

Even if I was off today I'd have come in to stick it into the Caravan Dwellers.
A colleague told me this morning that one of his staff rang him and asked if he could work from home as I will be unbearable.. Guess what he had to come in and guess what else? I am worse than unbearable..

Mason has been extremely impressive lately and his ball retention is better than Son who sometimes gives it away in dangerous areas. Son is lively and more of a goal threat so it depends what Poch wants from the team but I think Mason will be in contention for the no. 10 spot.
Mason straight swap for ali. Son keeps his place as you don't change a winning side. lamella on the bench championing at the bit to get on.

Just imagine if we had bought Berhino and Witsel or get a few class players in Jan window how far we might potentially go. I think Poch has earned the right to bring in who the fuck he likes.

I disagreed for two reasons:
1. The people screaming for signings in the summer, and that our current squad were doomed and would have to fight to avoid relegation have been proved wrong. Most of them have shut it regarding the issue. Moaning about it, even if it is as a semi positive 'if only' now is just ridiculous. Enjoy the amazing ride the current fantastic group of players and staff are welcoming us to experience.

2. What if Witsel had taken Dier's place? What if he had kept Dembele out? They've been among our best players so far, and it's truly heart warming to see them own games. What if West Broms second choice striker would have replaced Kane when the latter wasn't performing? Would we have seen seven goals in the last four games now? What if another two new players would have upset the togetherness that we see in the team at the moment.

We made the right choice sticking with these guys. Good job, Poch, Levy and the rest of the decision makers!

Mark%20Noble.jpg
Blobfish.jpg

We turned that smile upside down.......

1. The people screaming for signings in the summer, and that our current squad were doomed and would have to fight to avoid relegation have been proved wrong. Most of them have shut it regarding the issue. Moaning about it, even if it is as a semi positive 'if only' now is just ridiculous. Enjoy the amazing ride the current fantastic group of players and staff are welcoming us to experience.

2. What if Witsel had taken Dier's place? What if he had kept Dembele out? They've been among our best players so far, and it's truly heart warming to see them own games. What if West Broms second choice striker would have replaced Kane when the latter wasn't performing? Would we have seen seven goals in the last four games now? What if another two new players would have upset the togetherness that we see in the team at the moment.

We made the right choice sticking with these guys. Good job, Poch, Levy and the rest of the decision makers!
That 2nd choice striker or any other striker could have scored a few also and turned draws into wins, we're doing well but let's not start accepting a club of our size going into the season with only 1 recognised striker was the right choice

From what I understand Poch wanted these players in the summer and is already talking about buying in January.

My point is simple, Poch is a good manager, let's give him all the tools he needs, a complete squad. I mean what if Kane gets injured, I cannot imagine for the world Poch would not want some back up, why do you think we went mad trying to get Berahino.

that would be fine if no one ever got injured.
so far we have been pretty fortunate on that front.

that would be fine if no one ever got injured.
so far we have been pretty fortunate on that front.
Yeah, but our first choice pairing in midfield last season have only played together once...in our only defeat...not sure what my point is...

Back
Top Bottom