Tottenham V Chelsea 12:00 Sunday 29th November

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I had thought this was going to be a far harder match than some quarters had. Chelsea were bound to be far more up for this match if for no other reason than last season. The moment I saw their team I was worried.

I wonder whether, having seen Vertonghen not only take care of Giroud but also rile him, Mourinho might have dropped Costa regardless. Possibly not but the argument they've had helped them in their selection.

It was, without doubt, our most uncomfortable performance in some time. Dier looked jadded at times, and gave up possession a little too lazily at times but he wasn't alone. Son, in the first half, was quite poor. Four times he gave the ball away within 25 yards of the goal.

Rose and Walker continue to give me nightmares. It is true that both have improved but they are also guaranteed to, at least once but often more, cause all kinds of problems for ourselves. Walker was massively fortunate not to give the ball away twice when playing the ball square, both times utterly unnecessarily. Rose gives away needless free kicks by not standing his ground.

The best defenders know when to put a foot in and when to hold, neither Walker nor Rose have quite grasped this yet.

Our centre half combination and keeper are the best in the league. I don't think that is arguable.

Kane, Eriksen and Dembele really do please me. They have that thing which can't be taught (easily) and that is an understanding of where the other will be at any given time.

I'm not disappointed by a point, it would have been brilliant to have won but whilst we remain unbeaten, and hugely difficult to overcome, we will continue to push for a top four spot, and possibly more.

Not sure if this has already been covered, but was Poch's "small club" comments in response to anything?
I will change my view on that I thought he was highlighting that we are now the club on the rise and Chelsea played like the lessor team just happy with the draw!

Last edited:
I read somewhere last night, can't remember whether it was on here or Twitter - but Mourinho made some comments a couple year ago (pre-Poch), about us playing for a draw against them as we're a small club... I think Poch was just giving it back.

So Walker and Vertonghen should try for bookings in the next game, then all they'll miss is Newcastle at home...
Not really a deal breaker when they get booked now anyway, all relatively easy(ish) games from now until the new year when I believe they get cancelled out? If they get booked poch will deal with it in best possible way altho I imagine they could easily get away with a tactical yellow late on in a game like u say

I'd rather Poch stayed out of the playground shit. He's always been very good at giving the press the bare minimum they require / deserve with standard pre packed sound bites.

I know Mourinho has had his cage rattled this season and is clearly under pressure, but it's a bit like arguing with a troll on here. We are above that.

I think people are making too much of it.

"It's good, you get the feeling that Chelsea was a small team... maybe."

I think that was him saying Chelsea played like they were the smaller team ie. defensively/cautious away from home.

Aren't Mourinho and Pochettino on good terms, friends even?

Some people are saying it's that, others are saying it's from comments Jose made this week.
Looking at the conference though It seem as if he's not even sure small is the right word with his "maybe no?" and his usual look at Jesus Perez when he's not sure of his English...

Back
Top Bottom