Come here to laugh at United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes. They'll still count cap sales as "fan purchases" though, and chances are it's things like that that go towards counting how many "fans" they have. 20m cap sales in UK? 20m Yankees fans in UK!

I bet a very large proportion of non-European Man Utd "supporters" are doing the exact same thing. Same as Barcelona.
Oh yeah. Every now and then I see a little kid running around here in a Messi shirt and think:
:avbnaa:

But you know they'll grow out of it and probably don't give a flying fuck about Barcelona in reality.

The secondary school I went to in York was around 40% United / Liverpool 40% Leeds, 10% York and 10% other.

Of that 40% united / Liverpool I cannot remember knowing anyone who attended games on the regular, or even at all...

The secondary school I went to in York was around 40% United / Liverpool 40% Leeds, 10% York and 10% other.

Of that 40% united / Liverpool I cannot remember knowing anyone who attended games on the regular, or even at all...
replace the 10% york with the gooners and 5% other with Palarse and thats like my school was. in surrey.

You look at the money we semi-wasted after Bale and it's a fucking horror show for us. Then you look at how much LVG has spent, look at his squad, and say "HOW!?"
Has Ed Woodward just been loading up his son's copy of FIFA and using that as a scouting tool?

"*insert player here* is popular on Ultimate Team, you say...?"

tumblr_n8oa4cZQFK1shaydvo1_r1_250.gif

If Watford and Southampton win today and they follow those results up with similar results next week Midtable United could be back to where they belong by the end of the month.

Has Ed Woodward just been loading up his son's copy of FIFA and using that as a scouting tool?

"*insert player here* is popular on Ultimate Team, you say...?"

tumblr_n8oa4cZQFK1shaydvo1_r1_250.gif
You would think huh. He would be American too which means the only teams that are played are Barca, RM, and Manchester United. Makes sense why the only players reportedly are being scouted by united are Barca and RM players...
:gallashmm:

Ed Woodward at a press conference, "According to our scouting team we shall only sign players with an average FIFA rating of 90+"
Sky Sports reporter: "By scouting team, do you mean your 14 year old son?"
Woodward: :townhmm:

My school was 50% West Ham, 15% Woolwich, 10% Man United, 10% Liverpool, 10% Spurs, 5% other roughly.

Not a single Leeds fan but we did get Chelsea fans appearing when Abramovich bought them. 2 kids I remember converted from following Man United to following Chelsea.

You look at the money we semi-wasted after Bale and it's a fucking horror show for us. Then you look at how much LVG has spent, look at his squad, and say "HOW!?"

To be fair many of the players he bought look shadows of their former self. Depay was the best player in the Dutch, Schneiderlin was doing for Southampton what Dier is doing for us, Schweinsteiger was one of the best holding midfielders in world football. Look at them now.

Luke Shaw was Uniteds best player till he got that bad injury but even he didn't look like he was with Pochettino.

For me the lesson is that you need to have the right manager and you need players that fit the managers ideas.

Back
Top Bottom