Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace - FA CUP 5th Round

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

hows a europa win unlikely?, My view is very clear, i dnt want to be in that tournament. but we bullied fiorentina with a midfield of carroll and mason. they will be beaten comfortably on thursday.
Fewer games! Goddamnit!

:ossie:

If we really wanted fewer games, then surely the 2-legged format of the Europa would cut our games by 2 immediately, rather than just the one the boring, dull old FA Cup makes us play?

Or is the lure of a CL spot too good to turn down, and we're by no means guaranteed it in the League just yet?

If we really wanted fewer games, then surely the 2-legged format of the Europa would cut our games by 2 immediately, rather than just the one the boring, dull old FA Cup makes us play?

Or is the lure of a CL spot too good to turn down, and we're by no means guaranteed it in the League just yet?

Hahaha! Just my way of putting some perspective on a disappointing, but not disastrous afternoon. I'd rather not have the EL to contend with, than the FA Cup.

I can still remember going for three trophies and ending up with feck all.

The reason why we lost this game was due to the lack of balance we had in midfield with no one covering up for the CBs. That gave Zaha hell of a lot space to run in, and made us run and stress alot more than usual - making passes and concentration in attack bad. We need a real back-up for Dier in his role. Taking out Mousa in second half only made things worse.
This was our easiest chance of getting a trophy... I'm pissed off.

Just got back from the match and I'm a bit gutted we're out, as Reading away in the quarter finals should have been a formality.

Off the pitch, the thing that sticks in my mind from today is the fucking, unwarranted and disrespectful booing of Alan Mullery by the Palace fans at half-time. Did anyone else hear it who was there?

Absolute utter disgrace in my opinion, although our reply of:

'HE'S WON MORE THAN YOU
HE'S WON MORE THAN YOU
ALAN MULLERY HE'S WON MORE THAN YOU'

Was a very suitable and true response. Good to see you SpursLegend SpursLegend

We move-on and COYS for Thursday!!

Last edited:
Apparently...
PA-7008791.jpg

look at Chrissy Hughton's little face... he cares!
...does this mean nothing to you?
article-2290194-1883D727000005DC-827_634x402.jpg

or this...?
fa_cup_winners_1982.jpg

...or this?
image.jpg

OR THIS???
_80167154_ossie3.jpg

IT USED TO MATTER!!

It did used to but we have bigger fish to fry now, if we weren't still in for shout at the league I would be in pieces but we need to be pragmatic we have a chance of winning the big one. I still remember us winning the cup, it was great fun but winning the league? In my life time....fuck me. I will literally drink myself to death and die a happy man.

I need this, I need it so bad. LET ME DIE HAPPY

Oh my. This is the second game I've been on this forum for and the first defeat, wow. Some funny shit indeed. I don't even wanna get involed but fuck it. I don't think anyone is happy we lost or celebrating in there living rooms, ha ha ha. There is no dead weight IMO but that could be argued but damn. We have played out of or skins all season I'm 33 and this is by far the best side I've seen and squad. Mother fuckers need to chill. Losing a game of football is never a good thing but it happens. It happens to Barcelona it happens to Bayen. We have lost what 3 league games and 3 cup games. Out of what 40 games in all comps? That is a fantastic season for anyone. If you get this upset about a team you support losing a game, you may need to consider switching hobbies because we will always lose games and that's a fact. If you're getting this upset all you're doing is knocking years off your life. Because people aren't calling for poch's head and a complete squad upheaval isn't because they're less passionate just more realistic about the way the game of football is played.

I'm gutted we lost but fuck it. Its done we're out, it wasn't our day it was palaces. Lets move on to the next game and get behind the greatest team in the world.
This.....which is why I refused to get carried away with all this "gonna win the league" nonsense. People set themselves up to fall. The fact is that if we end the season in the top four then that is a great achievement for this young side, and a sign of really progress. People need to stop letting good runs convince them we're going to win everything. It's greedy and self defeating. As Poch says, one game at a time. We've had two disappointing results (from a certain point of view) and it will show us just what this team is capable of in the manner of our response.

What seems to be clear to me is that we have a very solid starting 11, However our squad players would struggle to win games. And i am talking about that defensive pairing of wimmer +alderweireld. Dier in midfield. Lloris in goal. Not to mention having Dele + Kane in form (who are our match winners).

This.....which is why I refused to get carried away with all this "gonna win the league" nonsense. People set themselves up to fall. The fact is that if we end the season in the top four then that is a great achievement for this young side, and a sign of really progress. People need to stop letting good runs convince them we're going to win everything. It's greedy and self defeating. As Poch says, one game at a time. We've had two disappointing results (from a certain point of view) and it will show us just what this team is capable of in the manner of our response.

I'm not setting myself up to fail. There's not a damn thing you or I can do about it. Ignoring the fact that we have an excellent chance to win the league is just as bad as hopelessly unrealistic treble aspirations.

A few too many changes for a game against a motivated Premier League team imo.

Lloris is just miles better than Vorm and it shows in the way the rest of the team play. Alderweireld is key as well, Wimmer looked slow without him but I think that's just down to Toby's positioning and organisation - a bit like Dawson without King.

All that said if the ref had been kinder to us we would have found it a lot easier to break them down, he stopped the flow of the game so much - particularly by calling back about 10 freekicks to be taken again allowing Palace to regroup. The wind played into their hands as well as we could never make direct passes to switch the play.
true. but they should have had a pen early on.

He had a bit of a mare, but it's hard for Bentaleb.
A long injury lay off, and a guy who has come into the team in his position and played like a God.
He is not going to get a run of games unless he plays an absolute blinder straight out of the blocks, so he tries too hard and it goes tits up. His confidence takes a knock and he plays worse. All that at 20-21 years of age.
If Poch didn't see something in him he would not start, let alone play 90 minutes ... see Kaboul, Chiriches, Fazio, Capoue, Stambouli, Lennon, Townsend, probably others ...

Can't remember a game with so many first half fouls. A very weak Referee that did nothing to check Palace's over physical game. That said we were found wanting today. Sadly Bentaleb seems to have the same arrogance as Mido and Ghali. Poor attitude today. Vorm too,cannot be relied on. Consistently fails to own his six yard box, and conceded on his near post in injury time.
We still need to strengthen. These two simply are not good enough. A touch of the old Spurs today.
It has cost us the F.A. Cup. The single, most important cup competition in the world.
That is what hurts the most.

Guys, it's a loss, get over it, if anything this is a blessing in disguise because now we have less games, meaning we can go all out for the EL and especially the league, which are more important prizes nowadays. We just need to bounce back quickly and get back to winning ways ahead of the NLD.
yeah i was gutted we didnt go out to leicester

I bet this will get Woolwich an advantage on the double. Glad we don't have to trave to hull though.

Bentaleb did fuck all today - shouldn't be anywhear near the team. Based on this seasons performances: sell him in the summer.
Onamah shouldn't play for full 90 minutes.
Looks like Pochettino's tactical actions were planned before kick-off: rotate the team and give players that haven't played too much this season full time, rotate more or less important midfielders like Mousa, Eriksen, Alli, Chadli, Son and Mason - Don't give a fuck about result or performances.
We put out a strong enough team to win today, poor finishing cost us the game really

Back
Top Bottom