The run in....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Let's just enjoy it for what it is, just so happy to see us dominating an playing the way that we do. If we can keep on beating those in front of us, who knows where it'll take us. Let's not get ahead ourselves and see where we are come May!

I can't be bothered to think of permutations. Could transpire Leicester lose all their games and we lose all ours. Unlikely but even trying to pick results for an accumulator is like the lottery.

we have 7 days between each game to go oscillate between flights of fancy and despair.The last time iw as obsessing with result permutations was under the redknapp era.

I thought you were alright, but it seems I was wrong. The 'ref' gifted you a thoroughly undeserved point. What's wrong with you?
Now I have calmed down I take your point. Still think refs need to be consistent and only then will the message get across. At the moment we are both where we deserve to be on merit and come the end whoever wins will deserve it.

I congratulate you on playing top class football and giving it one heck of a challenge. If we are truly deserving of the title we will hold on and if not we won't but either way we won't bottle it. It will be the best team who wins it. TYo say we will bottle it takes away your achievement should you win it. When Seb Coe closed in on Ovett in the 80's on the home straight to take gold no one said Ovett bottled it - it was just Seb was better and should you over take us then the same can be said about Spurs - just better than Leicester.

If we hold on then we will be better.

Now I have calmed down I take your point. Still think refs need to be consistent and only then will the message get across. At the moment we are both where we deserve to be on merit and come the end whoever wins will deserve it.

I congratulate you on playing top class football and giving it one heck of a challenge. If we are truly deserving of the title we will hold on and if not we won't but either way we won't bottle it. It will be the best team who wins it. TYo say we will bottle it takes away your achievement should you win it. When Seb Coe closed in on Ovett in the 80's on the home straight to take gold no one said Ovett bottled it - it was just Seb was better and should you over take us then the same can be said about Spurs - just better than Leicester.

If we hold on then we will be better.
Middle distance running and football are not comparable.

If you lose a 8 point lead in the final 5 games, it's a bottle.

Both teams deserve to win the League, unfortunately, only one can.

oldschool

If you came on here, hoping for some enlightened, bias free football discussion with your 'fellow football supporter' well then my friend...

This place is as partisan as they come, and I fucking love it for it.

Try COYS (full of cockwombles who will lick your arse then ban you for life for using the word 'bullshit''.

For an almost in between COYS and TFC experience, try spurs community. Again full of cockwombles and the mods are power hungry but not QUITE as trigger happy on the ban button, and they do pretend to like outsiders.

Bottom line is since a wonderful first 2/3rds of season Leicester are now under microscope in media and have been found out

Every time Leicester have been on TV the last 6 weeks there is always hours of media discussion afterwards for wrong reasons. Be it the repeated handball issue, referees, corners wrestling, diving for penalties, this is what happens at Leicester every week while the fans hit the cardboard and can't believe they are top.

After our games they are replaying goals, dream passes, movement, celebrations, there is no controversy, no reliance on pushing the rules.

Leicester may still win but their fairy tale has more ugly stepsisters than Cinderellas

Middle distance running and football are not comparable.

If you lose a 8 point lead in the final 5 games, it's a bottle.

Both teams deserve to win the League, unfortunately, only one can.
If we take 8 points from those last 5 games and you take 15 and win on GD that is not bottle. Title teams will often have a spell with 2 wins, 2 draws and loss in a 5 game spell especially with tough fixtures. It clearly isn't bottle if that happens but unbelievable finish by the team winning several on the bounce.

Bottom line is since a wonderful first 2/3rds of season Leicester are now under microscope in media and have been found out

Every time Leicester have been on TV the last 6 weeks there is always hours of media discussion afterwards for wrong reasons. Be it the repeated handball issue, referees, corners wrestling, diving for penalties, this is what happens at Leicester every week while the fans hit the cardboard and can't believe they are top.

After our games they are replaying goals, dream passes, movement, celebrations, there is no controversy, no reliance on pushing the rules.

Leicester may still win but their fairy tale has more ugly stepsisters than Cinderellas
Vardy's scouse goal, Mahrez at Man City to name but a few. Only dive for a penalty was last week, all the others were genuine. If you can pick one out that wasn't feel free to state it because I can't.

Why can't we have a multi option for like, agree and funny? Because I want to do all three on this bad boy!!

Looks like the FA have decided to try and win the league for you w

Have to take my hat off you to tonight. I knew you would destroy Stoke and you did. Looks like your title now. Pity the FA and ref has had such an impact to what was otherwise a fantastic two horse race. I just hope the season is remembered (outside of north London) for the right reasons and not the season the FA decided who won the league. To all those having a go at our style of play - football is a points game and we have done fantastic to get where we are. Spurs play fantastic and attractive football and have done fantastic to be where they are. The FA have stuck their nose in along with a cheating ref this weekend to influence what was a brilliant season. Sky and the FA have what they want which is a big club winning the league rather than little old Leicester.

Congratulations to you guys and wish you well in the CL next season.

Well done to the ref and FA also. If it wasn't for them who knows who would have ended up winners.

Nothing you can say about style of play or tactics etc will take away the FA and ref have decided what happens this season.

I have nothing against you Bluedog, you seem more reasonable than the other Leicester fans that have come on here, but come on...the referee actually gifted you a point which you did not deserve. You should be thanking him as that point could be important to you, not saying he took the title away from you. The facts, as far as anyone other than Leicester fans are concerned, is that the referee rightly sent Vardy off and that the pen he gave you at the end was not a pen at all - he robbed West Ham. I know its hard to see past the frustration of having dropped points and lost your striker but you were not robbed by the ref or the FA, that's utter bullshit.

It remains your title to lose and will be that way until we are ahead of you on points. If that happens then the pressure will be on us and will be immense. I know Leicester fans hope that we will feel the pressure but the truth is, as you can see in the way we are playing, we are not under any pressure at all. We have nothing to lose; we have not been singing that we are going to win the league before we've done it, so there will be no shame if we don't do it. If we don't do it then no one will say we bottled it, they will say we pushed you close and played well but you were ten ahead at one point and no one expected us to catch up. Well, now it is half that, just five points. But still five points. We will just go on and win it next season if we don't catch you this season. We are playing free, and have momentum, we will just keep on winning our games without any pressure. The pressure, the entirety of it, is on Leicester City. Can you win three of the last four? Fuck this up and your fans have to eat humble pie and everyone will know your team bottled it. Lets see if you are as good as Leicester fans seem to believe. I think neutrals have lost belief in the fairytale and are starting to see that you are good but nowhere near as good as us.

I cannot wait until your game, I am just excited to see your players nervy performance and see what happens, and then I wont be able to wait until Monday for our next three points. I cannot wait. In comparison, Leicester fans seem like a bag of nerves, already making up excuses for why they let the title slip away.

If we take 8 points from those last 5 games and you take 15 and win on GD that is not bottle. Title teams will often have a spell with 2 wins, 2 draws and loss in a 5 game spell especially with tough fixtures. It clearly isn't bottle if that happens but unbelievable finish by the team winning several on the bounce.
Surrendering an 8 point lead in the final 5 games is a bottle. This isn't negotiable.

oldschool

If you came on here, hoping for some enlightened, bias free football discussion with your 'fellow football supporter' well then my friend...

This place is as partisan as they come, and I fucking love it for it.

Try COYS (full of cockwombles who will lick your arse then ban you for life for using the word 'bullshit''.

For an almost in between COYS and TFC experience, try spurs community. Again full of cockwombles and the mods are power hungry but not QUITE as trigger happy on the ban button, and they do pretend to like outsiders.
Good post. I am sure like us you are trying to cope with the wait each week. Hence the forums take up our time. Foxes Talk is the worst for mods. Last year you couldn't breath a word against Pearson without being banned. Mods run the forums and if you disagree with their view they ban you. This forum is by far the best I have been on.

Back
Top Bottom