Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Might have a bearing on Foyth?
Sky:
Brighton reject initial £18.5m offer for CB Ben White before turning down second bid of £22m.
White formed a solid defensive partnership with Leeds captain Liam Cooper last term. He featured in all 46 of the club's Championship games, helping to produce 22 clean sheets.

Woolwich have joined the race to sign Marseille midfielder Morgan Sanson, with Tottenham and West Ham also interested in the 25-year-old Frenchman. (Le10 Sport, via Sunday Express)

Yeah, seems that way to me. (Castagne). Good engine, no afterburners. In his favour I think he has a steady brain, if not an exciting one.

It's been so long since I watched Atal, I'd need a refresher, but I think he's possibly got the most potential in terms of attack of the young nippy bunch. I don't think he lacks tenacity either, but maybe he needs to be coached to defend better, especially in relation to a back 4.

I feel the same about Aarons (defending) that you do Atal, I watched him against Chelsea and he's just standing off players, letting his man drift off him in game play/build up play (bit like that example you showed of Castagne the other night), and he's pretty weak in duels. But then Atal is pretty diminutive too.
Difference between Atal and Aarons is that Atal goes forward very well. He goes forward like Aurier but with more of 'a brain'

Celik and Castagne for me are both 'Steddy Eddies'

I feel very uninspired by those 2 RB'S especialy since we can go out there and get really attacking options eg. Atal
Or a more balanced but exciting Dumfries.

Surely our scouting department will help us out here..

Also on Castagne pretty sure he plays as a RM not even a WB , Its more of a midfield role.
I really don't see him working in a back 4 and I've really seen nothing special from him , saying that anything is better than Aurier.

Good to see you in midseason form Sammy. It's been entertaining but...
So Poch is now waiting for Covid to end?
Ok
I didn't say this nor is this directly addressing my points; Mou (your winner winner winner boy) was out longer and that due to Covid teams may be reluctant to switch managers and have a contract payout like for Sarri while also paying a new manager.

But more importantly in all of this is your failure to see the irony of Mou, the guy you championed, being out longer than the guy you are skewering. Don't get me wrong here Sammy no one is going to be surprised by your hypocrisy and double standard. After all water is wet and Sammy gonna do Sammy. But the season just ended Sammy. Perhaps your point will have more merit, or at least you will be less the imperfect messanger, when Poch's Covid-curved time out surpasses Mou's.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom