****🇳🇱 Greedy cup hoarding Gauls v the Mighty Morocco 🇲🇦 **** some day soon .. who gives a fuck

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know he’s no Jordan Henderson eh Deuterz Deuterz , but Griezmann is a v good footballer, was great for France tonight and has been their outstanding player this WC.

He’s young and inexperienced, made the odd blunder, but Tchouameni has also done an excellent job for France.
I've been very impressed by Griezeman. He's reminded me very much of David Silva in this tournament, but also with a defensive awareness that I never knew he had.

Simeone must be watching him thinking " why doesn't the **** play like this for me?"

I've been very impressed by Griezeman. He's reminded me very much of David Silva in this tournament, but also with a defensive awareness that I never knew he had.

Simeone must be watching him thinking " why doesn't the **** play like this for me?"

Not quite David Silva, but definitely a deluxe (more fluid and tenacious) Eriksen 8/10 hybrid type of remit.

His intelligence/movement - making himself available, finding spaces, choices with the ball - have been a key component in an otherwise very tactically conservative team.

His defensive work against England and Morocco was also very good.

Not quite David Silva, but definitely a deluxe (more fluid and tenacious) Eriksen 8/10 hybrid type of remit.

His intelligence/movement - making himself available, finding spaces, choices with the ball - have been a key component in an otherwise very tactically conservative team.

His defensive work against England and Morocco was also very good.
Not quite David Silva no, but then I did only say that he reminded me of him, not that he was a carbon copy.

I can see the Eriksen comparison though, just with tackling 😱

Morocco's football federation (FMRF) has protested to world governing body Fifa about the refereeing during Wednesday's World Cup semi-final defeat by defending champions France in Qatar.

IvDidn’t watch it so I certainly can’t comment! No more questions.

Morocco's football federation (FMRF) has protested to world governing body Fifa about the refereeing during Wednesday's World Cup semi-final defeat by defending champions France in Qatar.

IvDidn’t watch it so I certainly can’t comment! No more questions.
Where was the Qatari dark money when we played Tunisia…scored… the game kicked off again…and then the goal was disallowed by VAR?

There’s been some poor officiating this WC but losing teams have often sought to blame the refereeing. Hardly a new thing.

Where was the Qatari dark money when we played Tunisia…scored… the game kicked off again…and then the goal was disallowed by VAR?

There’s been some poor officiating this WC but losing teams have often sought to blame the refereeing. Hardly a new thing.

A meaningless game where they didn't need to influence the officials?

England should join Morocco in a complaint IMO. Was pretty clear in both our games that the officials were pro-French.

Both countries should unite and mount full complaints.

A meaningless game where they didn't need to influence the officials?

England should join Morocco in a complaint IMO. Was pretty clear in both our games that the officials were pro-French.

Both countries should unite and mount full complaints.
What would the substance of Morocco’s complaint be?They were kicking lumps out of the french all game.

Your credibility has taken a nose dive this World Cup.

What would the substance of Morocco’s complaint be?They were kicking lumps out of the french all game.

Your credibility has taken a nose dive this World Cup.

I only saw flashes but continued to look as if the officials were pro-French.

Not really, most on here agree the officials were biased against England, it's only a few posters who can't admit it. The refereeing in numerous games involving France now has been farcical and it isn't fair at all.

I only saw flashes but continued to look as if the officials were pro-French.

Not really, most on here agree the officials were biased against England, it's only a few posters who can't admit it. The refereeing in numerous games involving France now has been farcical and it isn't fair at all.
Right, so you didn’t watch the game but you’ve got your narrative and you’re sticking with it.

Right, so you didn’t watch the game but you’ve got your narrative and you’re sticking with it.

I switched it off early after the referee had already made several shit decisions in your favour & I remembered why I lost interest in this World Cup.

But I doubt it's a coincidence Morocco are complaining straight after the daylight robbery that was England vs France - some of the worst officiating I've ever seen.

IT'S A DISGRACE.

Last edited:
Nice balanced take as usual :contethumb:
Pal, you're the model when it comes to biased af takes so give me a break 😂

Unlike you, I watch football with an open mind and I know the game rather well, having watched and taught it for over 3 decades. Also played it at a semi-pro level and got several pros - past and present - in my entourage. Not bragging or claiming to be ITK before you jump on the opp.

So yeah, despite my emotional connection to France, my wanting them to win and my affection/admiration towards several of their players, I can still acknowledge when they were shite/lucky/whatever. Same goes for Spurs. You simply cannot, especially when it comes to EDF, it's just not how you operate...but that's fine, each to their own and all that. Just don't get your panties in a wad whenever Deuterz Deuterz & the likes throw it in your face. If we ran a survey on here, the overwhelming majority would agree you're a deluded fool when it comes to French footy.

And the analysis I posted, well plenty people have the same and not just average Joes. Again...not bragging, just saying I can't be that far off the truth when many knowns and unknowns pretty much saw the game the way I did.

If you think France deserved to beat ENG & Morocco the way the games happened, that they played well and there was little or no luck involved...well that's your opinion and you're entitled to it...no matter how erroneous it is

Football is not about dominating possession or territory. Not for me anyway. It’s about chance creation. Can you stop the other team from creating good chances? Can you create good chances yourself? France are really good at both those things.
I don't know what drugs you're on, lad...but pass it round.

Football is about being positive, aggressive, taking initiatives...which should be a piece of piss when you got Griezmann, Bappe, Rabiot, Dembele, Coman. But DD gonna DD aka play petits bras..."oooh messieurs, let's score first and early then stop trying, drop back 50 yards and just hope Kiki scores a worldie on the break". That's literally his plan. His only one.

You wanna play defensive football a la Serie A from the 90's, despite the talent at your disposal, suit your friggin self. But do it properly and France aren't doing that. If you're thinking they're defending well and preventing the opposition from creating chances...pal, there's no helping you. Just give up on football, man.

Likewise, are they really good at creating chances? The fuck they are. For a vast majority of the game vs ENG and again last night, they were toothless as eff. And most opportunities they had came from the other team making a mistake.

You're a nice kid, but man if you're talking some serious crap, blinded that you are by your love for Les Bleus...

Football is about being positive, aggressive, taking initiatives...which should be a piece of piss when you got Griezmann, Bappe, Rabiot, Dembele, Coman. But DD gonna DD aka play petits bras..."oooh messieurs, let's score first and early then stop trying, drop back 50 yards and just hope Kiki scores a worldie on the break". That's literally his plan. His only one.

You wanna play defensive football a la Serie A from the 90's, despite the talent at your disposal, suit your friggin self. But do it properly and France aren't doing that. If you're thinking they're defending well and preventing the opposition from creating chances...pal, there's no helping you. Just give up on football, man.

Likewise, are they really good at creating chances? The fuck they are. For a vast majority of the game vs ENG and again last night, they were toothless as eff. And most opportunities they had came from the other team making a mistake.

You're a nice kid, but man if you're talking some serious crap, blinded that you are by your love for Les Bleus...

Find it weird you say this about France yet we pretty much play the same way under Conte.

We don't dominate the ball, or rarely possession - yet we capitalise on moments and minmilise the opps to low frequency chances, I'm struggling to see the difference (apart from formation)

Find it weird you say this about France yet we pretty much play the same way under Conte.

We don't dominate the ball, or rarely possession - yet we capitalise on moments and minmilise the opps to low frequency chances, I'm struggling to see the difference (apart from formation)

Erm, maybe he's not a Conte fan?

I’m not really interested in a personal battle here.

I’ll just say that at some point, if you’re being so critical of a team that has reached 3 of the last 4 major finals, your view will need to adjust to reality.

Perhaps there are things that France are doing extremely well, better than anyone else in the world, and that is why they’re the most successful team in the world in both the past 10 years, and the past 25 years. You’d never know that from the posts you and others are making - which is why you’re not being as balanced as you claim.

But dw, I don’t come to an English forum and expect praise for the french. I’m not stupid! I have called out some of the ott criticism though (like saying Griezmann is not one of the worlds best for France).

I noticed that the Moroccans had a midfielder that could receive a pass from the back, put a defender on his hip, and then turn and bring the ball upfield at a good pace. At least the French (and other) defenders never seemed to be able to catch him. I love that kind of midfielder-like a great point guard in basketball. Don't know the name or number. Just wondering.

Griezeman hasn’t been playing much at ATM because the club want to pay a lower transfer fee. Has nothing to do with his form.

Back
Top Bottom