1882 Section??

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

spooky said:
Carlito Brigante said:
spooky said:
It's brilliant that no matter what you try to do, there's always someone that shows up with their dick in their hand ready to piss on it.

I would have more respect for a fans group that would finally standup to Levy on pricing and the way fans are treated.

Unlike the trust who just love to drop their trousers and lube up for tea and biscuits with the big little man.

Make football fun again.

Are the trusts still going? I think most of them are happy to be in the company of Spurs officials most of the time. I've also heard that the clubs attitude towards one particular group was bordering on bullying. I think the reality (and the reason grown men who remember the good old days are getting excited about a youth game) is because we're refusing to accept the inevitable. Although we'd happily admit modern football is rubbish. That's modern football in the UK. Some of the German clubs seem to have a handle on pricing and match day experience.

Perhaps what we're doing here (we've had contact with Spurs with 1882) is a first step towards something. I don't know, standing area in the new 'wall' end of the new stadium? Who knows? We have to play the game though. Football is business/investment and we're all replaceable. So we either deal with them or we walk away.

Thursday will be fun. Much like Charlton was amazing (and all that was was an away day). It's probably great because unlike any given weekend game at the Lane - there's no pressure. When there's pressure, that's when people forget what match days ought to be about.

No idea, they were a bunch of fucking melts anyway.

I dont buy into this "we are replacable" argument. The 20K waiting list is a load of old bollocks. apparently takeup on STs down the list is about 1 in 5. The club like to perpetuate the myth to stop people walking. People want the option to buy early with a bronze thats all.

Our fanbase is nowhere near as thick as we would love to believe. So our way of trying to drum up support is to send 600 people to the lane at a fiver a pop. All levy sees is 3K extra in the back pocket, where we should be hurting him.

Nothing changes without a bit of pain. We will be here post Levy....hopefully sooner rather than later.

Carlito Brigante said:
spooky said:
It's brilliant that no matter what you try to do, there's always someone that shows up with their dick in their hand ready to piss on it.

I would have more respect for a fans group that would finally standup to Levy on pricing and the way fans are treated.

Unlike the trust who just love to drop their trousers and lube up for tea and biscuits with the big little man.

Make football fun again.

Again, what are you doing about it? Or trying to do?

Carlito Brigante said:
No idea, they were a bunch of fucking melts anyway.

I dont buy into this "we are replacable" argument. The 20K waiting list is a load of old bollocks. apparently takeup on STs down the list is about 1 in 5. The club like to perpetuate the myth to stop people walking. People want the option to buy early with a bronze thats all.

Our fanbase is nowhere near as thick as we would love to believe. So our way of trying to drum up support is to send 600 people to the lane at a fiver a pop. All levy sees is 3K extra in the back pocket, where we should be hurting him.

Nothing changes without a bit of pain. We will be here post Levy....hopefully sooner rather than later.

You're talking shit here mate to be honest

Completely unrelated, but does anyone want a giant foam hand with 'Come in you Hotspurs!' on it?

Got a car boot full of the fuckers

Sibs said:
Completely unrelated, but does anyone want a giant foam hand with 'Come in you Hotspurs!' on it?

Got a car boot full of the fuckers

Sell em to Levy, Ive heard he'll have a spare 3grand burning a hole in his pocket by the end of the week

Carlito Brigante said:
I'm taking that as you wanted Levy to be gone? Madness from the point of view of the football club, but i'm interested to know whether you'd rather a chairman that does tickets for £10 with a shit team on the pitch, or would prefer a top quality team where you have to pay £50 a game?

Tough question, genuinely.

It sounds to me recently that the so called "hardcore" fans are the ones who abandon games because its so shit these days.....then sit around moaning that its so shit these days.

Carlito Brigante said:
The days of working class 17 year olds getting on the shant with their mates and getting to a game are dead.

I'm working class and 16 and try to attend every home game, I sing like a loony.
I have friends who sit in the Paxton (ST Holders) who are 14 & 16 and another who's 16, he's a Shelf ST holder they attend every home game, they are proper Spurs.

Don't criticize the youth.. The teenagers who work hard to spend £32-£50 on a ticket.
I blame the higher ticket prices, the banning of the drum, stopping 'yids' being chanted and match days being geared towards making money instead of fan experience!

Abbey Yid said:
Carlito Brigante said:
I'm taking that as you wanted Levy to be gone? Madness from the point of view of the football club, but i'm interested to know whether you'd rather a chairman that does tickets for £10 with a shit team on the pitch, or would prefer a top quality team where you have to pay £50 a game?

how about this for arguments sake & much more in context with the thread!... a mediocre midtable side that wins a cup now & again with true support or the lane as it is now with people wanking over 4th place!

57 varieties said:
Abbey Yid said:
Carlito Brigante said:

how about this for arguments sake & much more in context with the thread!... a mediocre midtable side that wins a cup now & again with true support or the lane as it is now with people wanking over 4th place!

Or a team where we are now, but with people singing?

Do tickets get cheaper if we go from 4th to 10th place? The "true support" dont seem to be turning up and singing anymore, and the ticket price argument isnt really cutting the mustard.

What are the price differences between now and the Jol era? Fuck all really. The hardcore dont go as they think away games are more of a laugh....despite spending three times as much for the day.

If you want atmosphere at the Lane, go to the Lane and sing.

Apologies for the confusion, my question wasn't based on my own views.

It seemed like 57's main gripe with Levy was that he is pricing out a lot of the audience which he attributed to the downfall in atmosphere. Hence the question of whether he would prefer cheaper tickets (different chairman) that couldn't do Levy's job of financial heroics, or as it is now with our prices but a relatively successful squad.

I am genuinely interested in any answers, though.

Abbey Yid said:
Carlito Brigante said:

100% the £10 tickets with a shit team. You would get the "hardcore", if you want, attending, and by hardcore I mean the fans that go home and away to take the piss out of the opposition and have a day on the piss.

sammy spurs!
the true support is the support the club dont want at the lane.. there the hardcore that dont buy merchandise in the club shop & dont/wont conform to the sit down shut up ideals!
many if not banned or are on banning orders for absolutley no reason yet still turn up matchday & sit in selected hostelries around the area.. on matchday theres more cctv between lordship lane & the north circ than on the whole of oxford street .. tell the club to stop discriminating against the part of its support that makes the atmosphere & you might get some noise again at the lane.

AlMacca_ said:
100% the £10 tickets with a shit team. You would get the "hardcore", if you want, attending, and by hardcore I mean the fans that go home and away to take the piss out of the opposition and have a day on the piss.

I could see that turning similar to some of the lower league London teams. Barnet and AFC Wimbledon for example. Tickets are £2-19 for every game, but the people that turn up still don't sing. It seems to be less and less popular to sing at football.

sammyspurs said:
I dont remember anyone not wanting the team to improve in 2002

When I was 8 (in 2002) of course I wanted us to be the best team in the world. But as I grew older I realised more and more what I wanted from Spurs and football in general.

Of course they're only my views.

ramsingh said:
I could see that turning similar to some of the lower league London teams. Barnet and AFC Wimbledon for example. Tickets are £2-19 for every game, but the people that turn up still don't sing. It seems to be less and less popular to sing at football.

With our fans history and the amount we have I'm fairly confident we'd still be able to pull big numbers. Bit like Leeds.

AlMacca_ said:
I agree to a certain extent, but then part of me thinks you could easily follow a lower-league team, because that seems to be guys on the lash who don't really care about the quality of the football.

On the other hand, if I were to support Orient for example, i'd never experience games like Milan at the Lane where the atmosphere gave me goosebumps, where I feel like i'm getting value for money.

I think just reading through some of these posts it's clear (to me, at least) that there probably isn't a definitive answer to why atmosphere is getting worse. Rising alcohol costs? Rising travel costs? Being a nutter becoming less socially acceptable? Older fans? Younger fans? Sky? Fuck knows. All I know is I can't fucking wait for Thursday!

Back
Top Bottom