20/21 season expectations

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Seeing as people have started drinking early, I'm expecting the erradication of hunger and poverty, world peace and health and happiness for all humankind.

Failing that, a trophy would be nice

Two trophies based on it being a year ending in one. Having not won a trophy in either 01 or 11 makes it more likely to win two or more trophies in 21, because that's how it works, I think.

After understandable euphoria and maybe because of other results it would be easy to get carried away.

I think our squad now looks a lot more solid and obviously we also look like we can score goals quite freely, both counter-attacking and hopefully on the creative side when teams start to sit deep, which is going to happen. The arrival of Vinicius will also help us in that regard one hopes.

Our first two games after the international break will test us in different ways.

A better and clearer picture will emerge after 10 games but so far we are seeing the kind of individual stand out performances that teams who want to win things need.

I think anyone having delusions of us winning multiple cups needs to sit down and have a break.
This squad are currently mostly all beaten already when it comes to big games. Mourinho has a lot of work to do to change that mindset
Sunday was a big game no? Were we beaten when they got a penalty in the first minute, or did we dig in and go and score 2 goals to take the lead? Same could be said for the chelsea game, were we beaten when we had to field a weakened team and went 1-0 down at half time, the penalty shootout showed us everything we need to know about the mentality of our team.

Quadruple. Obviously we are winning the 3 cup competitions we are in, but I think 109 points will be enough to wrap up the league as well.

Be interesting to see how the league looks after 12 and 24 games....i’m not sure anyone will pull away from the rest this season.

I think we have the beating of all of those teams on our day....consistency the key.
And that's the Mou trademark. Fuck it, the league is doable. Let's do it.
I can't remember if it was Fergie who said, I think it was, a good rule of thumb is to be within touching distance of the top at around February time.

Gonna be a long while until then but if we're in that kind of position by then, we have a real shout at doing something special.

I get where your coming from, but i think the penalty shootout showed us that the mentality of the players are changing, and your right the real test will hopefully be later on in the season, but with the signings we are making and having Jose in charge the tide is starting to turn

I'm still gobsmacked, like in shock that not only did we win a shoot out, but we put all 5 away with no fuss.
I bet no one saw that coming.

maybe 6th or 7th if I am honest...
giphy.gif

Fuck off, Nigel.

I want the league, i know its going to be a lot harder with the Sunday Thursday aspect, but hopefully our B team will be able to play the group games, lets see where we are come christmas in the league but if anyone knows how to win it then its Jose and if we can get lucky with injuries then why not?

I always hate these threads...... The huge optimism that comes from the week we've just had can all come crashing down with one bad result.

Win a cup and I'd be over the moon.

Keep Kane and Sonny fit and at the club beyond this season and I'll be well happy.

Keep winning and see how things pan out is the not a bad strategy.

Oh and do the double over Woolwich and Chelski.

It's definitely Fergie. He said something about by New Year, after the holiday congested schedule, the league table would clear up about who is in what race. Anything under double digit, is overcome-able.

We look like we can stay in the mix this year as we have quality and depth to rotate for EL group stage, while focusing in the League. With League Cup restart and the end of December and against a beatable Stoke, we really have less distraction.
I'd go even further regarding the League Cup and suggest that if we were to challenge for the title then winning that cup first would be massively important.

Get the silverware monkey off our back... get the team to believe. The first thing José won with Chelsea was the league cup and I think that helped them do something similar in changing the mentality of the team.

If Liverpool play like they did last season, nobody will catch them. But if everyone is dropping points I don't see any reason why we can't nick it ourselves.

Like so often is the case, Liverpool were winning games before the kick off last season. Pretty much everyone in the bottom half were petrified of them.
That Villa match sends out a huge message, not just to the teams around Liverpool, but to anyone, that if you go at them, they're fragile and will concede.
They reminded me of us against West Ham under AVB. The season before Bale was winning us games and teams sat back and were scared to come out. Once he went and the twattings started, teams like West Ham weren't scared anymore and we had no answer.

Same to some degree last season with Poch.

Second place. I don't think we have a strong enough defence to win it. But we could get lucky and if we are in good shape inJanuary buy a good CB, pay the premium to try and win it.

I expect us to win at least one cup. I will be surprised if we don’t.
If we're still in Europa, League Cup and the top 4 race come January window then you can guarantee we'll look at a centre half to get us over the line in the competitions.

I expect top 4 and a trophy: really want It to be The europa league so the whole world takes notice. Christ, nu metal was a thing last time we won one and i had green hair and an eyebrow piercing

Back
Top Bottom