2015/16 Kit Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I quite like UnderArmour too. The uniqueness of it, as you say, is a plus. I like not being another belt off the rack that is Nike Football.

I think Under Armor up until this has been pretty unique in all of their designs. I didnt like this season's home kit but at least it wasn't derivative. There is nothing unique or interesting about this sash design.

I've never seen a shirt with a corporate sponsor that didn't make me cringe.

Also, I didn't realize Under Armour wasn't popular in Europe. You must not have that many bros or 45 year old dads trying to relive their school day athletic glory. Because those mother fuckers absolutely love Under Armour crap.

I'm not feeling the 'miss universe' sash and weren't keen on this seasons one either , I liked the detail above the chest that was cool
And the third kit (yellow) was nice aswell,

I've never seen a shirt with a corporate sponsor that didn't make me cringe.

Also, I didn't realize Under Armour wasn't popular in Europe. You must not have that many bros or 45 year old dads trying to relive their school day athletic glory. Because those mother fuckers absolutely love Under Armour crap.
Haha!

School sports don't mean shit over here. Most kids drop out of school to focus on sports.

Most sports are played by clubs rather than schools.

Last edited:
Yeah word is it real big in the states , it is catching on over here , I got me an actual under armour under armour if you know what I mean and it's great when I'm playing ball in the winter,
Oh and AZ alkmar have UA aswell

I had to have a little play, excuse the horrible use of MS Paint.

T0q53IJ.jpg

AF4Uc7g.jpg

cza9IZF.jpg

They are all 100x better mate!!

jesus h fuck

i don't post much on here but lurk plenty and adore the podcasts (hope engineer al is acing his course at uni) but srsly

every kit is really just a kick in the cunt. last year's i kind of warmed to it half way through the season being a pro cyclist despite the piss stains as it looked like a cycling jersey but i still wouldn't buy it

but let's be honest, every one has been appaling, it's like they're paid to fuck it up. i seriously believe this

point being, we have lovely colours, white, navy, white (except all white in europe) and black boots it bloody should be (sponsors ripped off even better)

IT'S NOT FUCKING HARD!!!!!!!

SEE THE HOLSTEN ADIDAS KITS AROUND THE TURN OF THE CENTURY, THEY FUCKING NAILED IT!!

(although to be fair the new cock is the best cock, i like it a lot, and that's not to say i like any cock)

fuck you because i genuinely could do better and our boys deserve the best

fucking putting hugo out there like barney the dinosaur while his defence plays like a clown car

come on spurs! we're driving a balloon!

jesus h fuck

i don't post much on here but lurk plenty and adore the podcasts (hope engineer al is acing his course at uni) but srsly

every kit is really just a kick in the cunt. last year's i kind of warmed to it half way through the season being a pro cyclist despite the piss stains as it looked like a cycling jersey but i still wouldn't buy it

but let's be honest, every one has been appaling, it's like they're paid to fuck it up. i seriously believe this

point being, we have lovely colours, white, navy, white (except all white in europe) and black boots it bloody should be (sponsors ripped off even better)

SEE THE HOLSTEN ADIDAS KITS AROUND THE TURN OF THE CENTURY, THEY FUCKING NAILED IT!!

(although to be fair the new cock is the best cock, i like it a lot, and that's not to say i like any cock)

fucking putting hugo out there like barney the dinosaur while his defence plays like a clown car

Stop living in the past.

jesus h fuck

Hey!

1951 called for you.

They want their ball back

Holy fuck, some of you people need to relax a little.

Do you honestly think that a lone designer or two, at one of the fastest growing brands of athletic apparel, sat in a room, designed the kit without any outside input, had it produced, and launched it without a single bit of feedback throughout the entire process?

Not every fan or person who would purchase it screams for a retro kit from 50 years ago. I'm not saying everyone has to like it, or that it is even my favorite, but let's try to have a little perspective.
It's shit mate. If it was Liverpool's kit we'd be pissing ourselves. It's an MLS'y influenced kit, from an American Company.
I wouldn't wear a replica jersey to a football match, EVER, and you'd never catch me wearing one as 'street wear'. I also can't play football anymore.
I won't be buying it and I wouldn't be buying it if I loved it.

6 lines of varying size in a sash has nothing to do with our heritage and I resent being told it is.

Now, if we would have gone back to vertical stripes they could claim that.

From what I can glean here most of the US based fans like it. Not surprising as it's a shirt aimed at foreign markets, especially US & SE Asia

The consulting they did do was done with that in mind. Probably from EA sports or something. It has been said that manufacturers recognise that involving their potential customers has commercial advantages & clubs now frequently consult their fans when choosing the next season’s design.

However, I've been paid up for some time and have never been. Neither has my brother, or any of my mates or anyone else I know.

The shirt isn't bad at all but it just isn't a Spurs shirt. A sash on a shirt is as synonymous as the colour or wether you have stripes or hoops it's part of the identity and history.

A nice shirt, just NOT Spurs.

Back
Top Bottom