2023/24 Player of The Season

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who is your Player of the Season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lol the recency bias is unreal. Last I checked, this counts for the entire SEASON. Son's been really poor the last few games but overall, he's easily been one of our best players this season.

The same people thinking Son's not even been a top 5 player for us would be lapping it up if we had signed a 100m forward who contributed 25 g/a...
Disagree, even at the beginning of the season before the Chelsea debacle he was not consistent, for example:

SHIT
Brentford (a)
Sheffield Utd (h)
Luton (a)
Wolves (a)

GOOD
Burnley (a) - MOTM
Woolwich (a)
Liverpool (h)
Fulham (h)

Average vs Man Utd (h) and Bournemouth (a)

His last good performances since those games up until his international duty were City away, and Newcastle at home and since then maybe Brighton, Palace and Luton at home and Villa away.

If you think 12 good performances in 31 appearances is worthy of being player of the season then your yardstick is very low.

The only time he performed in our defeats was in that Chelsea game, every other defeat he went missing and quite frankly only 6 out of 51 voters agree with you so far so maybe check yourself a little.

I thought we were only voting for one player so I just picked Big Mick :mickyarm:

There’s a few who deserve honourable mentions (Destiny, Cuti, Vic) but like others have said, no one’s been consistent enough

VDV, Romero and Sarr. We look a shadow of the side when Sarr doesn’t play so thought I’d give him a vote. Still young but has carried our underperforming midfield for months. Never should have been dropped for NLD.

I found it difficult to vote in the official vote, simply because not one player has been good all season. Cuti shaded it for me.
I’ll not be voting, as like you, don’t think anyone has stood out.

Doesn’t sit well with me to vote for the keeper or a defender when we are shipping 1.5 goals a game and can’t defend corner kicks.

Our midfield has been up and down all season.

The only one out of our forward line that may deserve it is Son, but his scoring record seems to be the only thing to suggest this, as his general play has been pretty woeful.

Maybe Vicario at a push, as I’m sure our defensive record would be so much worse without him? Other than that, I’m struggling here.

It says a lot that our defence has been utter dogshit for most of the season yet our defenders and GK are getting most of the votes.

It's not the players, it's the way we're asking them to play.

Crazy that people are putting VdV above Romero when he missed 2-3 months of the season.

Romero has actually been out POTS for me anyway, been pretty much an ever present and been incredibly consistent, his performance the other day just sums up his season

I'd say he is closely followed by Vicario.

Crazy that people are putting VdV above Romero when he missed 2-3 months of the season.

Romero has actually been out POTS for me anyway, been pretty much an ever present and been incredibly consistent, his performance the other day just sums up his season

I'd say he is closely followed by Vicario.
VdV has only played 5 games less than Romero though as Romero was sent off and also injured for a while. I'd say Chelsea game aside I agree with you but it's the same for VdV other than the Newcastle game, not too much in it, I just enjoy watching him take people on for pace, it's like we have a cheat code.

Back
Top Bottom