/

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we win the Europa league + League Cup (and finish 7th or lower in PL)...

• Sack Jose!

• Keep Jose, and buy him some better defenders!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ask Man Utd fans if they wish they'd rather sacked him after 16/17 as opposed to sticking with him for a season and a half more and you'll get your answer.
If you ask them now, with them having the benefit of hindsight, they’d certainly say they should have sacked him.

Pretty sure that if you’d asked them the summer after their trophy wins, even they would have said to keep him, which was what they did. Even a club like Man Utd, with all their trophy wins this century, wanted to keep a trophy winning manager on the books. But us, with our whole League Cup in two decades are all “Nah, he’s shite. Get rid”.

What fucking planet are some of you on? We win two trophies and you’d want the manager sacked? I don’t think I can even engage with that level of mental.

We got to the final of the CC only having to play one team of any significance. We may well do the same in the EL, being that the all the best teams play in the CL. Many average managers have won the EL in recent years.

Performances in the PL are primarily the yard stick to judge a manager because everyone plays the same teams, and he's been piss poor and we may well finish outside the European places in... over a decade, is it?

And the football is boring and we've completely lost our identify and sold our souls, with actually little reward.

No way two fluke runs make up for the god awful football we have to watch, terrible results in the PL and unlikely chance that we will be handed easy draws which would have been 100% the reason we would have won anything not Jose.

If we do fluke out two Cups thank the cunt and send him on his way.

Not a chance he should be kept. Zero reasonable argument to keep him.

We got to the final of the CC only having to play one team of any significance. We may well do the same in the EL, being that the all the best teams play in the CL. Many average managers have won the EL in recent years.

Performances in the PL are primarily the yard stick to judge a manager because everyone plays the same teams, and he's been piss poor and we may well finish outside the European places in... over a decade, is it?

And the football is boring and we've completely lost our identify and sold our souls, with actually little reward.
I’d rather celebrate winning a couple of finals than celebrate finishing fourth.

Since we got told to ask Man Utd fans for their opinion, why not ask Sevilla fans if they are bored winning the Europa League.

I’d rather celebrate winning a couple of finals than celebrate finishing fourth.

Since we got told to ask Man Utd fans for their opinion, why not ask Sevilla fans if they are bored winning the Europa League.

We have a lot more resources than a club like Sevilla. Being in the Europa League year in year out would be a failure itself, hardly what we built a new stadium for.

Do Sevilla fans have to watch the worst football in Europe to get there while severely underachieving in La Liga and relying solely on draws to win the Europa?

Ask Man Utd fans if they wish they'd rather sacked him after 16/17 as opposed to sticking with him for a season and a half more and you'll get your answer.
He turned Manchester United into the worst pile of shit I’d ever seen Man Utd be in my forty odd years of attending or watching top level football in this country yet Levy still signed him up.

Levy should go along with him! :levystare:

If we can get Nagelsmann then Jose should be gone in the summer regardless of outcome.

Jose was hired to do one thing - win trophies. If he wins trophies then gets a nice £30m severance check this summer, everyone wins: Jose can say he won trophies at Spurs, Spurs win trophies, get Nagelsmann AND don't have to deal with the inevitable Mourinho fallout.

It's a win-win.
there goes our summer budget

What fucking planet are some of you on? We win two trophies and you’d want the manager sacked? I don’t think I can even engage with that level of mental.

I’d rather look forward to watching us every week than win a trophy.

If Mourinho had us grinding our way to a PL title, I would grudgingly accept not enjoying watching us for that ultimate accolade. But turgid wank football every week for 9 months, winning once a month, sitting mid table is not worth the sacrifice for skanking a cup.

Back
Top Bottom