/

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we win the Europa league + League Cup (and finish 7th or lower in PL)...

• Sack Jose!

• Keep Jose, and buy him some better defenders!

Results are only viewable after voting.
If we can get Nagelsmann then Jose should be gone in the summer regardless of outcome.

Jose was hired to do one thing - win trophies. If he wins trophies then gets a nice £30m severance check this summer, everyone wins: Jose can say he won trophies at Spurs, Spurs win trophies, get Nagelsmann AND don't have to deal with the inevitable Mourinho fallout.

It's a win-win.

If we can get Nagelsmann then Jose should be gone in the summer regardless of outcome.

Jose was hired to do one thing - win trophies. If he wins trophies then gets a nice £30m severance check this summer, everyone wins: Jose can say he won trophies at Spurs, Spurs win trophies, get Nagelsmann AND don't have to deal with the inevitable Mourinho fallout.

It's a win-win.
what he said

I admit when you put it like that, it sounds good.

My only worry is that everyone is making Nagelsmann out to be the messiah.

If we pay off Jose with a hefty fee, there's not going to be much money for transfers.

And I think the end of Poch's reign shows that our current issues aren't just Jose.

I do see your point though. And I'd be more optimistic about next season if we had Nagelsmann, even if Jose does win LC + EL.

I don't think people are treating him like the messiah or expecting multiple CL and PL titles. The expectation is that we get back to competing for top 4, being competitive in CL and playing football that doesn't make you want to carve your eyes out.

I don't think being excited to watch Spurs is too much to ask from the manager.

Sack. We will still play boring football next season and it’s not like we will be winning the league with it. An EL will enable Jose to say his time here was a success and we will have CL so good for everyone concerned

I admit when you put it like that, it sounds good.

My only worry is that everyone is making Nagelsmann out to be the messiah.

If we pay off Jose with a hefty fee, there's not going to be much money for transfers.

And I think the end of Poch's reign shows that our current issues aren't just Jose.

I do see your point though. And I'd be more optimistic about next season if we had Nagelsmann, even if Jose does win LC + EL.
Everything is a risk to an extent. It's a risk keeping Mourinho or hiring Nagelsmann, but for me Mourinho is leaving Spurs this year or next, so you have to look at your options.

To me, Nagelsmann has enough upside as manager to be worth the risk. If he flames out, so be it, but I think Spurs' ceiling over the next 5 years is higher with him than it could be with Mourinho or another manager.

Spurs will be able to support him financially next summer (2022) with the stadium up and running at full utilization. His vision and style of play, to me, is a better fit for the club. He's had great success with limited resources at RBL. He's had great players, but he's clearly helped make those players great.

Let me be clear - if Mou wins Europa (League Cup doesn't really matter) I don't think there is any chance Levy fires him because <reasons>. But if we can 100% get Nagelsmann, than I think it's a huge missed opportunity if we don't go for him.

For me it would depend on who's going to come in. If Nagelsmann is available in the summer then sack him, but if he's not then keep José until the point that Nagelsmann is available.

I'd hate to see us sack Jose giving him a big payoff, recruit someone else and then miss out on Nagelsmann because Levy doesn't want another big payout. I'd rather keep José for another year than do that.

Hypothetically Manchester City and the other seven sides above us could have an absolute mare and none win another game. Hypothetically we could get maximum points and win the league- it ain’t happening Jose has to go so stop dreaming.

Sack. If there were fans attending games he'd be gone already. Very difficult to warrant paying £50 plus for the dross his teams are dishing out. And pretty much every team he's managed regrets giving him a third season.

When looking long term simply looking at results isn't enough. You are either the right manager or you're not.

I remember when we fired Sherwood I had numerous opposing fans telling me his results were good and we should give an up and coming English manager a chance. I, like most Spurs fans, saw he was a dud and needed to get the fuck out of the club.

Jose is either right for us or he isn't. He probably isn't so needs to go unless he can prove otherwise and that's by having a plan in place for improvement, not delivering a trophy.

Last edited:
Ask Man Utd fans if they wish they'd rather sacked him after 16/17 as opposed to sticking with him for a season and a half more and you'll get your answer.

Back
Top Bottom