/

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we win the Europa league + League Cup (and finish 7th or lower in PL)...

• Sack Jose!

• Keep Jose, and buy him some better defenders!

Results are only viewable after voting.
I’d rather look forward to watching us every week than win a trophy.

If Mourinho had us grinding our way to a PL title, I would grudgingly accept not enjoying watching us for that ultimate accolade. But turgid wank football every week for 9 months, winning once a month, sitting mid table is not worth the sacrifice for skanking a cup.
Hypothetically two cups, not a cup.

And do you honestly think we’ll continue to play this way for the whole of his tenure? I just can’t see that happening. But no proof from either of us on that one.

Hypothetically two cups, not a cup.

And do you honestly think we’ll continue to play this way for the whole of his tenure? I just can’t see that happening. But no proof from either of us on that one.

Is there any reason to think that we won't?

It is the style Jose has played his whole career, the style that fits with the philosophy he has talked about his whole career, the style he has stuck with for the vast majority of games with us when it clearly is not what suits us best and the style the he returns to any time there is a the slightest bit of wobble while trying to open things up.

And Spurs fans should, right?
I don´t know, maybe it´s a choice. Do we want to be as wise as United fans?

Your comparison is a not accurate in my opinion, Totti. Since our last League Cup title, they´ve won:

- Champions League
- Premier League (4 times)
- Club World Cup
- Europa League
- FA Cup
- League Cup (2)
- Supercups (5)

That´s just from our League title, in 2008, until the present moment.

After winning everything, they (or most of them) are happy with Ole, because he is bringing back "The United Way". In reality, though, he´s been at the club for three years without winning a single trophy - their last title was four years ago (Europa League, under Jose). In my opinion, they are just fooling themselves.

Can we afford to think the same way? I really don´t think so.

Last edited:
I’d thank Mourinho for the LC and EL but next season if he is here playing this football if the stadium has the fans back it will explode.

We got Jose for a title challenge, failing that a few cups. It was always going to be a short term appointment.

Your comparison is a not accurate in my opinion, Totti. Since our last League Cup, title 13 years ago, they´ve won:

- Champions League
- Club World Cup
- Europa League
- FA Cup
- League Cup (2)
- Supercups (5)

After winning everything, they (or most of them) are happy with Ole, because he is bringing back "The United Way". In reality, though, he´s been at the club for three years without winning a single trophy - their last title was four years ago (Europa League, under Jose). In my opinion, they are just fooling themselves.

My point being that fans of a club the size of Man Utd are HAPPIER with a club legend managing them, who to this day has won nothing, than someone who has the label of being their most successful manager since Ferguson retired.

They also disliked van Gaal - who won them an FA Cup.

That could just be United entitlement because they were so used to winning things every season - but I think if anything it shows that fans more than anything want that connection with the club. They want to feel proud of what they see, happy with the teams performances and something to really look forward to every week.

They didn't get that with Mourinho in charge. And going by the large divide, neither do most of Spurs fans.

Which is why we loved it under Jol, Redknapp and Pochettino. More so than Graham, Ramos, AVB - despite two of the latter winning us trophies.

Your comparison is a not accurate in my opinion, Totti. Since our last League Cup, title 13 years ago, they´ve won:

- Champions League
- Club World Cup
- Europa League
- FA Cup
- League Cup (2)
- Supercups (5)

If Utds last league title was in the 60s and they’d won three trophies since 1991, I find it laughable the notion they would have wanted Jose sacked after winning the EL and Carabou

Last edited:
Thr LC barely counts, as a competition it’s virtually mesning

yes

Well, you’ve got the last 18 months with us and his 2+ years at ManU.
The league cup wasn’t meaningless to me when Woodgate knocked in the winner with his face. I jumped about the place like a fucking maniac. And will again if we beat City.

What fucking planet are some of you on? We win two trophies and you’d want the manager sacked? I don’t think I can even engage with that level of mental.
It makes me question the premiss of this thread: "Everybody wants Jose out". A lot of people want Jose out, of course, but the negativity in this forum (which I love) don´t represent "Everybody" - it´s definitely different in other places.

The league cup wasn’t meaningless to me when Woodgate knocked in the winner with his face. I jumped about the place like a fucking maniac. And will again if we beat City.
So many pretenders it’s hilarious, we are above silverware mate, we lost a CL final three years ago and sit 9th so are now quite similar to Real Madrid

It makes me question the premiss of this thread: "Everybody wants Jose out". A lot of people want Jose out, of course, but the negativity in this forum (which I love) don´t represent "Everybody" - it´s definitely different in other places.
Good point.
It’s like the same 14 people saying the same thing every five seconds means the whole fan base agrees

Lmao at half of voters wanting Jose sacked even if he won 2 cups in his first full season, at a club which hasn't won fuck all in 20 odd years.

Madness. I love spurs but our fans are on dipper level delusions

Obviously just to show how far some will go to get rid of Jose. The sacrifices some will make.

And whilst I understand people wanting him sacked, I certainly don’t understand wanting him sacked if he delivers more trophies in 2 months than we’ve won in the previous 20 years.

Lmao at half of voters wanting Jose sacked even if he won 2 cups in his first full season, at a club which hasn't won fuck all in 20 odd years.

Can you imagine playing down the Carabou as a Spurs fan, while Man City fans and their players want to win it and will proudly add it to their honours list

I used to take the piss out of people on here for them being embarrassed at threads in here, concerned as to how those threads would look to oppo fans. Any other club fan sees this thread and I doubt they’d believe the levels of entitlement. This is 100% laughing stock stuff. At least the “will we win the league” thread was misplaced confidence. I’m not even sure how to describe this one.

Can you imagine playing down the Carabou as a Spurs fan, while Man City fans and their players want to win it and will proudly add it to their honours list
Now now, the League a cup is miles below a team like City that win numerous league titles. That’s why they never take it seriously and have only won it four times out of the last five years.

Back
Top Bottom