/

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we win the Europa league + League Cup (and finish 7th or lower in PL)...

• Sack Jose!

• Keep Jose, and buy him some better defenders!

Results are only viewable after voting.
If we can get Nagelsmann then Jose should be gone in the summer regardless of outcome.

Jose was hired to do one thing - win trophies. If he wins trophies then gets a nice £30m severance check this summer, everyone wins: Jose can say he won trophies at Spurs, Spurs win trophies, get Nagelsmann AND don't have to deal with the inevitable Mourinho fallout.

It's a win-win.

So playing well/ or attractive football week in week out in the league is better than winning a cup?
We’ve reached this bizarre point where some fans are now happy to be pretty but win fuck all

Been there done that and none of them were happy though

People dislike Jose’s football.....sometimes.....but like yesterday, they cream their pants so claim it was the first time they’ve seen it, despite creaming their pants the other week v Everton and Leeds etc etc etc

Then there are the times we have played counter attack to perfection and won, which are also swept under the carpet.

Jose has been 50/50 not 0 out of 10, and the cup runs we are in give him extra points in my book. And that’s why they now belittle these trophies, because apparently big old Tottenham are above a cup double.

It’s better to be like Leeds or Southampton where everyone says “awwwww look how good they look trying”

I almost never watch our games live now. Sometimes I can't, but even if I could, I wouldn't. Instead I read bits and pieces of the match thread, because the outbursts and the gallows humour make for better entertainment. I watch most of our matches only when I know the result. Otherwise, I would probably end up setting fire to myself in the street. All things considered, it is the worst football I have seen in my life.

I've got to say that I really don't get the school of thought that the league cup means nothing, particularly as we've won fuck all in 20 years. I'm sure the players would all be very happy to win it.
There are so many little positives that go along with the cup though.
Winning the league cup would give the players a massive confidence boost and drive to go for other cups.
It also increases the profile of the club and gets us in the news a bit more which is good for PR and sponsors.
Often if clubs are lucky they'll get a relatively easy draw through the cup run that gives the club a chance to rest players and/or play some of the youngsters.
Winning it would also show potential players that we're on the up and may sway the decision to join us.

What fucking planet are some of you on? We win two trophies and you’d want the manager sacked? I don’t think I can even engage with that level of mental.

I’d rather look forward to watching us every week than win a trophy.

If Mourinho had us grinding our way to a PL title, I would grudgingly accept not enjoying watching us for that ultimate accolade. But turgid wank football every week for 9 months, winning once a month, sitting mid table is not worth the sacrifice for skanking a cup.

Lmao at half of voters wanting Jose sacked even if he won 2 cups in his first full season, at a club which hasn't won fuck all in 20 odd years.

Madness. I love spurs but our fans are on dipper level delusions

If he somehow wins the EL and Carabao, I’d still 100% want him gone.
He would have fulfilled his purpose. He was brought here to win us trophies, that’s it. He’s not building anything here. He should be gone ASAP.

I think this thread is ridiculous. Our club is a club with few trophies and titles in history and it is pathetic to think that the club will sack the manager who wins the Europa League and the Carabao Cup in the same year, if that happens.

Mourinho will not be sacked with this European title and a victory in the final against Man City for the cup

I think this thread is ridiculous. Our club is a club with few trophies and titles in history and it is pathetic to think that the club will sack the manager who wins the Europa League and the Carabao Cup in the same year, if that happens.

Mourinho will not be sacked with this European title and a victory in the final against Man City for the cup
Totally agree.

it’s a sorry state of affairs when your own fans are calling for the manager to be sacked after TWO cups in one season, something which we have NEVER done (1 league, 1 cup granted) after not winning one cup in thirteen years!

it’s like some fans don’t know what we’re about. Historically a cup team, the year ends in a 1, and they wouldn’t be satisfied, even with a Champs League entry.

it’s FUCKING OUTRAGEOUS what some are you are saying. I don’t know if you’re new to football, English football or Tottenham, but get a fucking grip. All this chat about a draw- that’s because it’s a fucking cup, that’s what happens.

As well as that win our game in hand and we’re 2 points from 4th as well.

Honestly, it’s cunting shameful what some of you post in the name of Tottenham. I understand the football isn’t at its peak, but hold me down and fuck me with a salmon, the way some of you spout absolute codswollop about the cups, really makes me wonder if you understand spurs at all.

I don´t know, maybe it´s a choice. Do we want to be as wise as United fans?

Your comparison is a not accurate in my opinion, Totti. Since our last League Cup, title 13 years ago, they´ve won:

- Champions League
- Premier League (4 times)
- Club World Cup
- Europa League
- FA Cup
- League Cup (2)
- Supercups (5)

That´s just from our League title, in 2008, until the present moment.

After winning everything, they (or most of them) are happy with Ole, because he is bringing back "The United Way". In reality, though, he´s been at the club for three years without winning a single trophy - their last title was four years ago (Europa League, under Jose). In my opinion, they are just fooling themselves.

Can we afford to think the same way? I really don´t think so.

My point being that fans of a club the size of Man Utd are HAPPIER with a club legend managing them, who to this day has won nothing, than someone who has the label of being their most successful manager since Ferguson retired.

They also disliked van Gaal - who won them an FA Cup.

That could just be United entitlement because they were so used to winning things every season - but I think if anything it shows that fans more than anything want that connection with the club. They want to feel proud of what they see, happy with the teams performances and something to really look forward to every week.

They didn't get that with Mourinho in charge. And going by the large divide, neither do most of Spurs fans.

Which is why we loved it under Jol, Redknapp and Pochettino. More so than Graham, Ramos, AVB - despite two of the latter winning us trophies.

I’m Jose out like most people are, more by the football than the results, our squad ain’t that great. But some of the hate and opinions are truly ridiculous. Makes me wonder how some users behave in “real life”
Jose has always been a pragmatic choice - substance over style. If it works, and you win, no one cares. If it doesn't work though, there's no reason to persist.

Thus, if we win, he stays. If not, we're better moving on.

Back
Top Bottom