/

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we win the Europa league + League Cup (and finish 7th or lower in PL)...

• Sack Jose!

• Keep Jose, and buy him some better defenders!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Not sure the facts in the OP are accurate. Stats say that 6/10 fans want Jose to stay...

Personally, I agree with all the 'ruining our football' feelings, but they're just feelings and don't stand up to scrutiny, so who gives a shit. And frankly, I don't think they help make good arguments (except in the inflammatory sense). Poch's football was better, but we won fuck all. We're very close to that this season, but shit happens and it's not over yet. No one is a clairvoyant, so the only argument that really counts is 'I fucking hate losing while playing this type of football', which almost everyone agrees with but we were top at xmas and it didn't feel that bad then.

I don't see the point in sacking him before the end of the season. Nagelsmann has reportedly expressed interest in taking over the role if Jose is given the boot and if we kicked him out before then, we'd be unlikely to get Nagelsmann. I'd be happy to see him take over for Jose, but he's going to need a clear-out, too, so how long do we give him?

My prediction: We do well enough that Jose stays over summer. He'll be given 3-4 months of the '22 season and then we'll know 100% that he's fucked or we're just melters.

Last edited:
But he still keeps on winning trophies . Poch won nothing in all his time here with one of the best squads weve had and left us in a terrible state.

But Mourinho has been going downhill since 2015 (actually earlier but at least he won the big one that year), so in your reasoning, he should have retired. Before being sacked twice, of course.

We stagnated, sure. But from 16/17 onwards, we had to play away from home for pretty much 2 years and we still managed to finish in the top 4. Any trophies? Sadly not. But the other target were reached whilst playing good football.

When the football dried up and the results didn't come - he was rightfully sacked.

Mourinho was came in to improve results, provide results and win us something. The results haven't really improved. So far he hasn't provided any results and he has yet to win us something.

If we fail to get top four, for the second year running under Mourinho, he'll be gone. If we win the League Cup and fail to get top four, he'll be gone.

Winning the Europa League MAY save him - but we've seen this story play out before at a previous club, less than 3 years ago. So is there any point replaying it?

What are people genuinely expecting next season if we happen to win the Europa League and League Cup this season? That we suddenly decide to play better football? That we certainly turn into a well coached side? That Levy thinks, "Oh well Mourinho has finally won us a trophy, let's give him hundreds of millions like his previous clubs have given him to win more" ?

Of course not.

We'd get the same awful football. Probably a lot more moaning. If fans are in the stadiums, a lot more booing. And likely an end to Mourinhos tenure before his contract is up.

There's nothing wrong with getting rid of Mourinho in the summer, even IF he wins us the trophies. It'd be a great achievement for him and the club. Another one for the ego. And some bragging rights for Spurs fans to use against rivals. We wouldn't be the first club to sack a manager after winning something and certainly not the last.

Let's be quite clear about the Europa League and what credit Mourinho would deserve for winning it if he did. There is only one genuinely good team that it wouldn't be an embarrassment to lose to: Man Utd. Leicester are gone. The German teams, who can always give you a game, are gone. The 2 Spanish teams remaining are very average and dropping down the league. AC Milan are no great shakes, neither are Roma. Serie A is level down from the PL at the moment. Woolwich are average, It's there to be won, and the only good team has an average manager. We really should win it, especially what's at stake, but it really wouldn't be some kind of incredible achievement to do so, and not something worthy of Mourinho keeping his job.

Let's be quite clear about the Europa League and what credit Mourinho would deserve for winning it if he did. There is only one genuinely good team that it wouldn't be an embarrassment to lose to: Man Utd. Leicester are gone. The German teams, who can always give you a game, are gone. The 2 Spanish teams remaining are very average and dropping down the league. AC Milan are no great shakes, neither are Roma. Serie A is level down from the PL at the moment. Woolwich are average, It's there to be won, and the only good team has an average manager. We really should win it, especially what's at stake, but it really wouldn't be some kind of incredible achievement to do so, and not something worthy of Mourinho keeping his job.
You're seriously saying winning the EL wouldn't be all that?!

The scenes when a pimpled faced git, who’s never won anything, rocks up here and bombs because there is no money to spend and he actually has to coach Dier & Sanchez!

Nagelsman’s no Jesus lads. Done well for his age, has his teams playing some good stuff here and there, but so did Frank Lampard. Where is he now?

Also, Nagelsman’s naive as fuck sometimes (arrogant with that twatish outfit he wore -suit with no socks, what’s that about???).

Again, his teams play well but I will rather bring back Poch when his 18 months is up in Paris. He would’ve won a league by then and will know what it takes to get a team over the line.

Refer me back to Nagelsman when he’s gotten any team over the line and knows what the blood from winning tastes like.

Lmao at half of voters wanting Jose sacked even if he won 2 cups in his first full season, at a club which hasn't won fuck all in 20 odd years.

Madness. I love spurs but our fans are on dipper level delusions
It’s called the Poch hangover. When you look back at it, the man did insanely well here, even though he had to fuck it up at the end by not keeping his emotions in check.

It’s a war. The commander never ever shows his men his anxiety. You are a step away from glory, you’re supposed to make your boys feel taller than anything. Make them feel like no matter what, you’ll die on that hill with them. This is Sparta and all that.

But no, he had to fucking cry about leaving as soon as the battle is over. Oh really? see ya then.

I almost never watch our games live now. Sometimes I can't, but even if I could, I wouldn't. Instead I read bits and pieces of the match thread, because the outbursts and the gallows humour make for better entertainment. I watch most of our matches only when I know the result. Otherwise, I would probably end up setting fire to myself in the street. All things considered, it is the worst football I have seen in my life.
WHICH game? Because we have majorly been a bipolar/schizophrenic team.

You should be a manager. Piece of piss it is.

Last edited:
All this belittling of CC & EL, when did we start picking and choosing which titles are worthy and which are beneath us eh?

Last I checked we need to win any fucking cup that isn’t the Audi cup. I’ll even take the Charity Shielf as it’ll mean we’ve actually won the league or the FA cup!

Stop embarrassing yourselves. ANY manager that can bring in ANY major trophy for our new stadium cabinet is welcome to try.

Besides , we have to win something with Kane here. Anything. Just win it. That’s what at stake here. All ye Poch fangirls hoping we’ll lose the league cup to City can fuck right off.

I’m Jose out like most people are, more by the football than the results, our squad ain’t that great. But some of the hate and opinions are truly ridiculous. Makes me wonder how some users behave in “real life”
Jose has always been a pragmatic choice - substance over style. If it works, and you win, no one cares. If it doesn't work though, there's no reason to persist.

Thus, if we win, he stays. If not, we're better moving on.

I almost never watch our games live now. Sometimes I can't, but even if I could, I wouldn't. Instead I read bits and pieces of the match thread, because the outbursts and the gallows humour make for better entertainment. I watch most of our matches only when I know the result. Otherwise, I would probably end up setting fire to myself in the street. All things considered, it is the worst football I have seen in my life.
Hilarious that posts like this are actually seen by the author and those who agree as “pooooooor little bored Spurs fan only watches when he knows we won......awwwwwwww poor little thing”

I just read “Yeah poor little glory hunter isn’t around when times are tough”

People say Jose’s lucky the stadiums are empty, well personally I think if the fair weathers stayed away, and the ground was full of proper fans, we’d actually be playing better.
But then you’d crawl back wouldn’t you......and you spout this trash as support

Back
Top Bottom