/

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we win the Europa league + League Cup (and finish 7th or lower in PL)...

• Sack Jose!

• Keep Jose, and buy him some better defenders!

Results are only viewable after voting.
No he shouldn’t (and wouldn’t) be sacked for 2 cups unless we tank the league and finish like 14th.

He won’t win 2 cups though so this is pointless.

I’d give him credit for Europa but league cup is meaningless.

Obviously just to show how far some will go to get rid of Jose. The sacrifices some will make.

And whilst I understand people wanting him sacked, I certainly don’t understand wanting him sacked if he delivers more trophies in 2 months than we’ve won in the previous 20 years.

Because of the way we would have won them, by pure luck and weak ass draws, rather than actually playing well and a style that is likely to be carried forward in future seasons.

Again though this is all highly, highly hypothetical as it is very unlikely that it happens.

Maybe if by some miracle we fluked out the wins people would change their mind seeing it happen but since we have shown zero ability that it would happen it makes it harder to think that after watching the pile of garbage Jose has served up that we would have to sit through the same shit again next year.

I used to take the piss out of people on here for them being embarrassed at threads in here, concerned as to how those threads would look to oppo fans. Any other club fan sees this thread and I doubt they’d believe the levels of entitlement. This is 100% laughing stock stuff. At least the “will we win the league” thread was misplaced confidence. I’m not even sure how to describe this one.

There is no entitlement at all in these threads.

Most neutrals that I know and read would laugh at us and talk about how "Spursy" it would be to finally win trophies but be stuck with Jose after doing it.

As for the losers whining about people voting for him to be sacked, plenty of fans of all sorts of teams say they don't want Oil Countries buying their club even though it would mean more wins and possible tons of titles/Cups.

Being a fan is supposed to be fun, it is supposed to be an enjoyable part of your week to give you a break from what for many are difficult lives for a variety of reasons.

To have someone like Jose come in and take away that joy by playing football that is unwatchable and having the club getting the worst results they have got in over 20 years is not something many have a desire to see continue.

It is more than reasonable to say no I don't want us to ignore how awful Jose has made Tottenham football just because he had two lucky runs in Cups. When there is zero reason to think that success will continue and every reason to think we will be even worse next season, who would say "yes please lets have some more of that shit"?

I don't think people are treating him like the messiah or expecting multiple CL and PL titles. The expectation is that we get back to competing for top 4, being competitive in CL and playing football that doesn't make you want to carve your eyes out.

I don't think being excited to watch Spurs is too much to ask from the manager.
Nagelsman is a nothing manager who has achieved nothing to even remotely justify given a job as big as Spurs

And as always with the Jose apologists, another chance for them to cry and gnash their teeth based on their favorites words if, if, if, maybe, maybe, maybe.

Anything to distract from what has actually already happened.

I used to take the piss out of people on here for them being embarrassed at threads in here, concerned as to how those threads would look to oppo fans. Any other club fan sees this thread and I doubt they’d believe the levels of entitlement. This is 100% laughing stock stuff. At least the “will we win the league” thread was misplaced confidence. I’m not even sure how to describe this one.

The overwhelming sense I get is that fans of other clubs feel pity for us having to suffer under Mourinho. He'll never get another top 6 job and no one will ever pay him £15 million again.

I almost never watch our games live now. Sometimes I can't, but even if I could, I wouldn't. Instead I read bits and pieces of the match thread, because the outbursts and the gallows humour make for better entertainment. I watch most of our matches only when I know the result. Otherwise, I would probably end up setting fire to myself in the street. All things considered, it is the worst football I have seen in my life.

The league cup wasn’t meaningless to me when Woodgate knocked in the winner with his face. I jumped about the place like a fucking maniac. And will again if we beat City.

Yeah, I really enjoyed that win too. Was there, I liked that team and how we tried to play under Ramos, and it was against Chelsea, and we stuffed Arse in the semi, all kind of added to the enjoyment, and I’ll manage to suck some joy if we bus park our way to beating city, but I’ll also be aware that it won’t change much, don’t mean we’re a good team, won’t keep any manager in his job or help us sign better players, and I wouldn’t care if they scrapped the LC completely the day after.

Last edited:
The overwhelming sense I get is that fans of other clubs feel pity for us having to suffer under Mourinho. He'll never get another top 6 job and no one will ever pay him £15 million again.
Agree with some of that. He’ll not get a job with City, United, Chelsea or Liverpool, all for understandable reasons. I’d suggest there’s plenty of clubs in the league that are envious of us having him in charge though. But the fact he won’t get a job bigger than us again, makes me think he came into this thinking the same and was going to outlast his usual three years.

He’ll get sacked eventually (as almost every manager does) and he’ll end up as the well paid manager of Portugal, or somewhere like Turkey.

What fucking planet are some of you on? We win two trophies and you’d want the manager sacked? I don’t think I can even engage with that level of mental.
We're sat 10th in the league. we're painful to watch

**IF and it's a big if, Jose manages to win two cup finals I'll thank him for winning those finals!

If football was only about winning trophies, People would only watch in May. I get this sounds very "Spursy" but the journey matters, even when we win it's miserable. he's a genuinely questionably character.

It's all a game to him, will blame everyone but himself, has already picked on Dele and Tanguy.

Yes even if we win those two cups I want him gone.

the league is our bread and butter and it's been fucking horrible.

Last edited:
Agree with some of that. He’ll not get a job with City, United, Chelsea or Liverpool, all for understandable reasons. I’d suggest there’s plenty of clubs in the league that are envious of us having him in charge though. But the fact he won’t get a job bigger than us again, makes me think he came into this thinking the same and was going to outlast his usual three years.

He’ll get sacked eventually (as almost every manager does) and he’ll end up as the well paid manager of Portugal, or somewhere like Turkey.
Any fans of other clubs that have watched at least a handful of our performances under Mourinho will not be envious , I am certain of that

I always say that the true acid test is this question , ask yourself if Mourinho was currently Woolwich manager would you be envious of them ?

Nobody here as far as I can see is coming from a place of "entitlement" we literally want to enjoy our football and look forward to watching our team play every week!

If Naglesmann came and won the LC and EL we'd be praising him as the second coming (assuming the football we're playing is not boring, defensive and painful!)

We want to enjoy our football, your entitlement accusation is misplaced.

Not sure where I stand
We might win two trophies but this Premier league season has been catastrophic and Jose has made a lot of mistakes idk if I still would want him here next season

Nagelsman is a nothing manager who has achieved nothing to even remotely justify given a job as big as Spurs
I don’t really care if a spurs manager has achieved anything from past teams. I only care if he achieves results at spurs.

Yes, there is often a correlation with past results and future results but there are plenty of trophyless coaches out there that are better than some with trophies.

It is about predicting which manager has potential to improve and the one who is the best fit with the club.

To write off a 33 year old manager because he’s won nothing in a league against Bayern Munich is either trolling or a lack of basic logic.

I almost never watch our games live now. Sometimes I can't, but even if I could, I wouldn't. Instead I read bits and pieces of the match thread, because the outbursts and the gallows humour make for better entertainment. I watch most of our matches only when I know the result. Otherwise, I would probably end up setting fire to myself in the street. All things considered, it is the worst football I have seen in my life.
Exactly.
And would i be overjoyed if we shit-housed our way to 2 trophies perhaps. But I don't think 'shithousing' is sustainable or long term

Back
Top Bottom