/

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we win the Europa league + League Cup (and finish 7th or lower in PL)...

• Sack Jose!

• Keep Jose, and buy him some better defenders!

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think he realizes this is his last chance so not sure he will give up our job, but at the same time if he flukes his way to two Cups...
Your constant anti-Mourinho vitriol is becoming toxic.

We get it, he's not done a brilliant job so far. We have a team with a weak defence, and he's tried to overcompensate for that by protecting them with defensive midfielders, which has cost us the opportunity to control games.

You talk about him as if he's a halfwit and also totally malicious towards our club.

With Jose it is always tough to figure out what he will do because he will always do what's best for him and how he thinks it will make him look.
Always?
On Sunday he spoke about how he doesn't deserve any credit for Bale's renaissance, and said it's due to Bale's experience. When we were top of the league and reporters tried to give him credit for the Son and Kane partnership, he interjected and noted it was Pochettino who deserved credit for that.

will still have his shit tactics in the league likely resulting in another terrible finish but without the draws to carry him to fluke Cups.
Oh yeah, because his track record has always been shit finishes in the league and fluke cups.

Oh wait?
He's one of the highest achieving managers of all time, and has literally been a success a every club he went to. Even his so called failure at United he took them to 2nd place, Europa, League Cup; without Bruno and Maguire.

If he did fail at Spurs, it would be the first time he's failed at a club. Which would be sad for all parties, and I'd join you in hoping a young manager like Nagelsmann can inspire us. But for now, I'm still hoping he can make a success of it.

Sack. We will still play boring football next season and it’s not like we will be winning the league with it. An EL will enable Jose to say his time here was a success and we will have CL so good for everyone concerned

Sack. If there were fans attending games he'd be gone already. Very difficult to warrant paying £50 plus for the dross his teams are dishing out. And pretty much every team he's managed regrets giving him a third season.

Thr LC barely counts, as a competition it’s virtually mesning

yes

Well, you’ve got the last 18 months with us and his 2+ years at ManU.
The league cup wasn’t meaningless to me when Woodgate knocked in the winner with his face. I jumped about the place like a fucking maniac. And will again if we beat City.

Lmao at half of voters wanting Jose sacked even if he won 2 cups in his first full season, at a club which hasn't won fuck all in 20 odd years.

Madness. I love spurs but our fans are on dipper level delusions
Can you imagine playing down the Carabou as a Spurs fan, while Man City fans and their players want to win it and will proudly add it to their honours list

So I voted keep in this scenario. However, here is my concern and why I value the league.

The league is 38 games and the level of competition is equal for each team. It is a long drawn out season and it reflects the ups and downs in form throughout the entire season.

Europa is 15 games. 6 of those are group stage games which aren't relevant if you are a halfway decent team.

You might have 6-7 games in the knockout stage against halfway decent competition. United won this cup with Jose in 2016/17 by playing Saint Etienne, Rostov, Anderlecht, and Celta Vigo (and needed a last minute flubbed shot) in the knockouts, and a young Ajax team (with Davinson Sanchez) in the final.

So unless you are counting Dinamo Zagreb, we have yet to play a decent team and will be through to the last 8. (No, I'm not counting Antwerp who lost to Rangers 9-5) Winning a few matches vs decent teams is good but it tells you nowhere near as much about a team as a 38 game season does.

I want sustainable success; not a flash in the pan, and league performance is a more realistic indicator than a europa league trophy, so if we finish 10th it would be concerning.

So I voted keep in this scenario. However, here is my concern and why I value the league.

The league is 38 games and the level of competition is equal for each team. It is a long drawn out season and it reflects the ups and downs in form throughout the entire season.

Europa is 15 games. 6 of those are group stage games which aren't relevant if you are a halfway decent team.

You might have 6-7 games in the knockout stage against halfway decent competition. United won this cup with Jose in 2016/17 by playing Saint Etienne, Rostov, Anderlecht, and Celta Vigo (and needed a last minute flubbed shot) in the knockouts, and a young Ajax team (with Davinson Sanchez) in the final.

So unless you are counting Dinamo Zagreb, we have yet to play a decent team and will be through to the last 8. (No, I'm not counting Antwerp who lost to Rangers 9-5) Winning a few matches vs decent teams is good but it tells you nowhere near as much about a team as a 38 game season does.

I want sustainable success; not a flash in the pan, and league performance is a more realistic indicator than a europa league trophy, so if we finish 10th it would be concerning.

So you’d be more concerned by finishing 10th and winning trophies than being billed as having one of the best teams and manager in Europe, while celebrating 4th spot and throwing cups out the window?

And correct me if I’m wrong, while you slag off the competition in the EL, wasn’t Burnley one of the worst teams we’ve ever faced the other day? It was still nice to play well though wasn’t it.
Wolfsberger were actually better.
Plus there’s EL teams, LA Liga and Serie A sides in the cup, who at some point you need to beat.

We have City, the best team in the world in a final soon. How’s that for a tester of where we are?
But people still calling it worthless because we only faced one PL team on the way.

I don’t get this idea we need a marker of where we are, and that can only be done in the PL, by playing maybe ten teams a season that are no better than what we’ve faced in the EL or Carabou.

We know what we are. A talented team, with some excellent players, some average players and some poor players.
Unbeatable on our day, atrocious off it.

The only marker I need to know is have we grown a winners mentality yet, and coming 4th doesn’t answer that.
Winning trophies will.

I'm not a Jose fan, but this question is far to general, if we fluke it to 2 trophies playing shithouse football, his sacking should be considered. If we win them both playing like we played against Burnley id consider keeping him, but yeah if we were lower than 7th that would be unlikely.

I'm not a Jose fan, but this question is far to general, if we fluke it to 2 trophies playing shithouse football, his sacking should be considered. If we win them both playing like we played against Burnley id consider keeping him, but yeah if we were lower than 7th that would be unlikely.
Im sorry but at least 4 people have mentioned this, fluking 2 trophies? How can you fluke 2 trophies? If its so easy why havnt spurs won a bloody trophy for 20 year? Why have 60 percent of the premier not even won a trophy for longer than 20 year?

If poch won the league cup and europa double he would have a statue made for him outside the ground lol

The hate for jose is so boring and pathetic..how about wait until the season is over then get your pitchforks out..

I admit when you put it like that, it sounds good.

My only worry is that everyone is making Nagelsmann out to be the messiah.

If we pay off Jose with a hefty fee, there's not going to be much money for transfers.

And I think the end of Poch's reign shows that our current issues aren't just Jose.

I do see your point though. And I'd be more optimistic about next season if we had Nagelsmann, even if Jose does win LC + EL.

I don't think people are treating him like the messiah or expecting multiple CL and PL titles. The expectation is that we get back to competing for top 4, being competitive in CL and playing football that doesn't make you want to carve your eyes out.

I don't think being excited to watch Spurs is too much to ask from the manager.

Ask Man Utd fans if they wish they'd rather sacked him after 16/17 as opposed to sticking with him for a season and a half more and you'll get your answer.

What fucking planet are some of you on? We win two trophies and you’d want the manager sacked? I don’t think I can even engage with that level of mental.

We got to the final of the CC only having to play one team of any significance. We may well do the same in the EL, being that the all the best teams play in the CL. Many average managers have won the EL in recent years.

Performances in the PL are primarily the yard stick to judge a manager because everyone plays the same teams, and he's been piss poor and we may well finish outside the European places in... over a decade, is it?

And the football is boring and we've completely lost our identify and sold our souls, with actually little reward.

It makes me question the premiss of this thread: "Everybody wants Jose out". A lot of people want Jose out, of course, but the negativity in this forum (which I love) don´t represent "Everybody" - it´s definitely different in other places.
Good point.
It’s like the same 14 people saying the same thing every five seconds means the whole fan base agrees

It makes me question the premiss of this thread: "Everybody wants Jose out". A lot of people want Jose out, of course, but the negativity in this forum (which I love) don´t represent "Everybody" - it´s definitely different in other places.
Obviously just to show how far some will go to get rid of Jose. The sacrifices some will make.

And whilst I understand people wanting him sacked, I certainly don’t understand wanting him sacked if he delivers more trophies in 2 months than we’ve won in the previous 20 years.

Can you imagine playing down the Carabou as a Spurs fan, while Man City fans and their players want to win it and will proudly add it to their honours list
Now now, the League a cup is miles below a team like City that win numerous league titles. That’s why they never take it seriously and have only won it four times out of the last five years.

We're only at the last 16 stage of EL and have not played a single decent team. The Caraboa we've got to play arguably the best team in Europe.

It's a fucking long shot to think we'll win 1 trophy let alone 2. You can call it pessimism but let's be realistic 2 trophies is a pipe dream right now.

Back
Top Bottom