/

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we win the Europa league + League Cup (and finish 7th or lower in PL)...

• Sack Jose!

• Keep Jose, and buy him some better defenders!

Results are only viewable after voting.
But he still keeps on winning trophies . Poch won nothing in all his time here with one of the best squads weve had and left us in a terrible state.

But Mourinho has been going downhill since 2015 (actually earlier but at least he won the big one that year), so in your reasoning, he should have retired. Before being sacked twice, of course.

We stagnated, sure. But from 16/17 onwards, we had to play away from home for pretty much 2 years and we still managed to finish in the top 4. Any trophies? Sadly not. But the other target were reached whilst playing good football.

When the football dried up and the results didn't come - he was rightfully sacked.

Mourinho was came in to improve results, provide results and win us something. The results haven't really improved. So far he hasn't provided any results and he has yet to win us something.

If we fail to get top four, for the second year running under Mourinho, he'll be gone. If we win the League Cup and fail to get top four, he'll be gone.

Winning the Europa League MAY save him - but we've seen this story play out before at a previous club, less than 3 years ago. So is there any point replaying it?

What are people genuinely expecting next season if we happen to win the Europa League and League Cup this season? That we suddenly decide to play better football? That we certainly turn into a well coached side? That Levy thinks, "Oh well Mourinho has finally won us a trophy, let's give him hundreds of millions like his previous clubs have given him to win more" ?

Of course not.

We'd get the same awful football. Probably a lot more moaning. If fans are in the stadiums, a lot more booing. And likely an end to Mourinhos tenure before his contract is up.

There's nothing wrong with getting rid of Mourinho in the summer, even IF he wins us the trophies. It'd be a great achievement for him and the club. Another one for the ego. And some bragging rights for Spurs fans to use against rivals. We wouldn't be the first club to sack a manager after winning something and certainly not the last.

All this belittling of CC & EL, when did we start picking and choosing which titles are worthy and which are beneath us eh?

Last I checked we need to win any fucking cup that isn’t the Audi cup. I’ll even take the Charity Shielf as it’ll mean we’ve actually won the league or the FA cup!

Stop embarrassing yourselves. ANY manager that can bring in ANY major trophy for our new stadium cabinet is welcome to try.

Besides , we have to win something with Kane here. Anything. Just win it. That’s what at stake here. All ye Poch fangirls hoping we’ll lose the league cup to City can fuck right off.

I know right, I swear to god half our fanbase aren't fucking happy unless they are miserable.

Use to sit behind a guy on the shelfside, would turn up 10 minutes into a game, moan for 70 minutes about everything then leave 10 minutes early.
To this day I still have no idea why he came.

We really do have a section of really shitty fans it has to be said.

Yeah, Spurs regularly build up our hopes only to Spursy them up, but how much of this DNA is coming directly from the mentality of our fanbase.
As you know, I hate agreeing with you, but, as has been said frequently, the general atmosphere in the new stadium leaves something to be desired. I would say it's often quite poor, unless we're really thumping the opposition. This must have an effect on the team, as does the fact that the opposition fans almost outdo us. The place seems to be filled with home spectators and opposition fans.

Home fans should be asked to swear an oath of allegiance before being allowed into the ground, - "I promise to cheer my team, though thick & thin, etc... ...in return they should be allowed to bring their own food in.

You can't get rid of a guy that wins two trophies, that's ridiculous.

Sarri was sacked after winning the Europa League, finishing in the top 4 and getting to the Carabao Cup final.

Spurs are one of the richest clubs in the world, the mentality should always be anything less than top 4 is a failure, given that we're one of the top 6 richest clubs in the league and at least 2 of those 6 are continually hampered by bad ownership that continually make bad choices.

The run of form we've been on is so bad, without any kind of major injury crisis, that it really should have led to Mourinho's sacking already.

I think Spurs need new fans that SUPPORT the team and manager through thick & thin. Watching that last game after all the lightweight clowns on this forum was stuffed down their disloyal, ignorant, media-brainwashed minds was amazing. If you are gonna side with the media then go and support Woolwich.

You can't count the first season because he came in after it already started, you can't count this season there a full offseason, you can't count next season because he already would have been here before so takes time for him to fix all the mistakes he did previously.

Excuse, excuse, excuse.

Maybe by 2035 we will be able to finally judge Jose on the results/football he gets here.
No you dumbo, you can obviously count this season.

Our squad is easily top 4 In the PL and anyone who says otherwise is just trying to justify our shit run of form under Jose! I wouldn’t put our defence in the top 4 though which makes it even stranger that for the majority of the season Jose tried to win games with our defence ! Anyway still plenty of time to turn it around and it could still be a successful season!

Yesterday summed up why some of us voted sack regardless. You can spawn your way to a cup or 2. A lucky draw, a dodgy decision, a good one off performance. The league tells you where you really are and we're at best a 6th place team. Thats in line with most of Mourinho's recent league placings. There is no progress after 16 months and the football is brutal.
The man CAN NOT COACH ATTACKING FOOTBALL. You can no longer 2-nill off your oponents mistakes to a title. So if given the power I'd fire Mourinho before lunch today. Id fire him for how bad the side is in transition, and how scant our attacking patterns of play are. We are very similar to the Tim Sherwood side only that one had a bit more bottle.

If we can get Nagelsmann then Jose should be gone in the summer regardless of outcome.

Jose was hired to do one thing - win trophies. If he wins trophies then gets a nice £30m severance check this summer, everyone wins: Jose can say he won trophies at Spurs, Spurs win trophies, get Nagelsmann AND don't have to deal with the inevitable Mourinho fallout.

It's a win-win.
what he said

I admit when you put it like that, it sounds good.

My only worry is that everyone is making Nagelsmann out to be the messiah.

If we pay off Jose with a hefty fee, there's not going to be much money for transfers.

And I think the end of Poch's reign shows that our current issues aren't just Jose.

I do see your point though. And I'd be more optimistic about next season if we had Nagelsmann, even if Jose does win LC + EL.
Everything is a risk to an extent. It's a risk keeping Mourinho or hiring Nagelsmann, but for me Mourinho is leaving Spurs this year or next, so you have to look at your options.

To me, Nagelsmann has enough upside as manager to be worth the risk. If he flames out, so be it, but I think Spurs' ceiling over the next 5 years is higher with him than it could be with Mourinho or another manager.

Spurs will be able to support him financially next summer (2022) with the stadium up and running at full utilization. His vision and style of play, to me, is a better fit for the club. He's had great success with limited resources at RBL. He's had great players, but he's clearly helped make those players great.

Let me be clear - if Mou wins Europa (League Cup doesn't really matter) I don't think there is any chance Levy fires him because <reasons>. But if we can 100% get Nagelsmann, than I think it's a huge missed opportunity if we don't go for him.

Back
Top Bottom