/

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we win the Europa league + League Cup (and finish 7th or lower in PL)...

• Sack Jose!

• Keep Jose, and buy him some better defenders!

Results are only viewable after voting.
sorry Levi... but this..... your talking as if it happened.... i guess that's what we all come here for, if , buts and maybes.... cheers
I thought it was obvious that the premise of this thread is that he goes on to win both. I never said he has won anything, or even that it's likely that he will.

Last edited:
I know everyone thinks the current CB aren’t good enough but they aren’t helped by Lloris. When a cross comes in he steps back onto his line meaning the opponents can have a header from the penalty spot if they can outjump a defender (and our defenders aren’t great in the air). You contrast this with some other goalkeepers who will come and punch (easily getting more height than the opposing attacking player) and it is possible that a more commanding GK will suddenly make the defenders look better. Lloris is misleading as he is still excellent at stopping shots (second in PL this season at outperforming expected goals against) but his reluctance on leaving the goal line creates a number of opportunities for the opponents.

Absolutely bizarre.

Apparently Jose, who has won trophies and been successful at every club, is suddenly clueless. Let’s ignore the fact we don’t have any competent CBs.

Toby is more than competent and would start for 90% of the teams in the PL.

And nobody is claiming that he hasn't won in the past. But those trophies do nothing to help us win now. the crying about the squad by Jose apologists has been proven to be wrong so many times it is laughable to see them try to bring it up again.

Toby is more than competent and would start for 90% of the teams in the PL.

And nobody is claiming that he hasn't won in the past. But those trophies do nothing to help us win now. the crying about the squad by Jose apologists has been proven to be wrong so many times it is laughable to see them try to bring it up again.
Toby is 32 and past his best, but still the best CB at the club.

What do you mean those crying about the squad have been proven wrong? What on earth are you on about?
Our CB and RB situation isn’t good enough. There’s a reason City have spent even more on defence than they have on midfielders and strikers.

Toby is 32 and past his best, but still the best CB at the club.

What do you mean those crying about the squad have been proven wrong? What on earth are you on about?
Our CB and RB situation isn’t good enough. There’s a reason City have spent even more on defence than they have on midfielders and strikers.

I mean that teams ahead of us have less or equal talent so crying about our supposed lack of talent is bullshit.

Absolutely bizarre.

Apparently Jose, who has won trophies and been successful at every club, is suddenly clueless. Let’s ignore the fact we don’t have any competent CBs.
You can want us to win and want his negative ass fired, it might be unlikely if we win a trophy, but I sure as hell want him and his tedious football gone.
He will revert to type and bore us into a coma first chance he gets.

I've got to say that I really don't get the school of thought that the league cup means nothing, particularly as we've won fuck all in 20 years. I'm sure the players would all be very happy to win it.
There are so many little positives that go along with the cup though.
Winning the league cup would give the players a massive confidence boost and drive to go for other cups.
It also increases the profile of the club and gets us in the news a bit more which is good for PR and sponsors.
Often if clubs are lucky they'll get a relatively easy draw through the cup run that gives the club a chance to rest players and/or play some of the youngsters.
Winning it would also show potential players that we're on the up and may sway the decision to join us.
Winning the league cup is nowhere near as good for sponsorship as qualifying for the champions league. Let alone advancing to the knockout stages and further.

Because to some on here they are more Anti Jose than Pro Spurs no matter the mental gymnastics they go through to explain their point of view.
Or people don't think Jose will win a trophy or make the team better and would rather just get it over with now and build for the future? Is that so hard to understand?

I just don't think Jose is making spurs better now or for the future.

Because to some on here they are more Anti Jose than Pro Spurs no matter the mental gymnastics they go through to explain their point of view.

Wanting Jose sacked is being Pro Spurs.

Some here are more Pro Jose than pro Spurs that is for sure and others think that the only way to support a team is to blindly back the manager no matter how much damage they do to the club.

Managers need time. The attitude of modern football fans in wanting managers fired so quickly is ridiculous. This is his first full season.

He had 25 games in the PL last year and another 25 this year plus Cup and European games. Jose has also shown over his career that he is not a guy that gets better with more time.

More time isn't going to make his negative football tacitics all of a sudden work. It isn't going to make him throwing guys under the bus have better effects. It isn't going to change the fact that his views are possession are outdated and don't fit with the modern game. It doesn't change that his preference for big, plodding plugs that can't play the game but are cunts is totally ineffective.

The team has also got worse this season than they were last season with him having more time and bringing in his guys. The only thing that has gone well this year is our draws and unless you are suggesting he is paying people off that has nothing to do with him. There is not a single thing you can point to that is going to get better with time under Jose other than the idea it can't get much worse than what he has taken us to. Even more so there is absolutely zero reason to think that it gets better under Jose than it would under the better managers out there that we could get.

Other managers that got more time showed a reason to get that time, Jose has done the exact opposite. There is a reason that everything with his apologists is if, if, but, but, maybe, maybe and remember what he did everywhere else, but don't really focus on United more the other things he did other places. Because there is nothing to go on what he has done here in a year and half to justify him getting a single more minute of time.

Back
Top Bottom