/

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we win the Europa league + League Cup (and finish 7th or lower in PL)...

• Sack Jose!

• Keep Jose, and buy him some better defenders!

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think you are getting me wrong here, I said if we fluke it to 2 cups playing shithouse football, meaning we go a goal up and then do our usual tactic.
I agree. If we fluke 2 trophies playing shithouse football then I'm in the get rid camp.

Win one playing something that approaches entertainment then stay and back him.

It's a bigger question than sacking Jose. We have a board incapable of backing the managers ideas.

Some of Mourinho's football has been dire, but we've also topped the league for more than an hour and played some good football. If we win the Europa then I think he stays. If we finish 7th with no trophies then I think he goes.

The next manager will fall into the same trap. We need the board and Hitchen to listen to the manager, get his targets and let him do what he thinks will win us silverware. The blame will then always lay with the manager, the board knowing they have done everything they could to support him.
I think the board backed the manager well in the summer. When you sign several players you are always going to get a mix of ones that hit the ground running, ones that take a while, ones that take a season and ones that are just shit. But we backed him no doubt.

It’s this summer I am looking at with interest. If we do the same financial backing and I think we will, whilst shifting a few unwanteds, I’m not sure the board can do much more. At that point, this will be a Jose team and there’ll be no excuses left.

I hope it's clear cut either way. I wanted him out on three occcasions, 1) after Leipzig last March, 2) after Bournemouth in the summer and 3) after the horrible run at the start of the year with multiple defeats and tactic disasters.

I am happy to be proven wrong, Spurs is what matters-

If Jose can turn this around and we go on a great run winning most matches and qualify for CL, at least EL, maybe win the League Cup and get seriously far in the EL (semi or final, possibly winning it) he has a good case.

However, if we go back to the shit show we have witnessed lately with the team notoriously "protecting" leads ending in lost points, tactical nonsense, not picking players that have performed, freezing out members of the squad, losing most games, no defensive organisation and failing to use our best attacking players, then he'll have to go.

In the long run I don't trust Jose to build the squad/club at all, it's not what he does. If he does stay we need to make sensible buys in the summer anyway, should the wheels come off in the autumn.

A couple of wins vs Wolfsberger and a great display vs Burnley is welcomed, but doesn't mean that all is good. We need to continue this, beat Palace, beat Fulham and get a result vs the Scum (at least a draw) and advance in the EL, then we'll speak.
Quite right. The next game will always be a talking point. I don't mean Fulham, I mean every next game.

I think we honestly need the board to listen to the D.O.F preferably Ragnik. The vassilating between coaches and playing styles is stupid. We need to identify our club DNA its ancestry in Arthur Rowe push and rush, effectively pass and move under Nicholson and filtered through a ruthless number nine( unlike Barcelona false nine loving tika taka). Greaves Allen Lineker Kane. We are at our best with this variant. Bring on a D.O.F who gets this and produce buy players for the template.
100% agree because there isn't a smilie for that. :moursmall:

I think the board backed the manager well in the summer. When you sign several players you are always going to get a mix of ones that hit the ground running, ones that take a while, ones that take a season and ones that are just shit. But we backed him no doubt.

It’s this summer I am looking at with interest. If we do the same financial backing and I think we will, whilst shifting a few unwanteds, I’m not sure the board can do much more. At that point, this will be a Jose team and there’ll be no excuses left.
Likely more sell that buy but Notabadsquad got his name right.

So if we win the double u wont be happy unless we play man city off the park lol

So let me get this straight jose should be sacked if spurs win the double right?

Its beyond logic at this point im afraid...
The double?

Given the likelihood of winning any kind of trophy - and that is no reflection on Mourinho - I wouldn't be happy watching us shut up shop for another year even with a piece of silverware on the table. There are many reasons for that.

If we win the double this year I will change my kids names by deed poll. Seems a safe bet given that we're out of the FA Cup already.

Likely more sell that buy but Notabadsquad got his name right.
Hopefully we can get some decent money for a few of the outliers in the squad. Think we’ve a few that can find a home nearer the bottom half of the table or in sunnier climes. But yes, the squad is pretty damn good. Certainly a top six squad, so that’s where we should be and probably where we will end up.

Chuck a couple of big handy bastard centre backs at the first team and we are looking good for even higher.

Mourinho is gone. He wants out. If he wins two trophies I expect him to act like he is a genius and say it is the greatest achievement ever. This job was too big for a manager who does not know how to coach.

I fully expect him to go somewhere else in the summer. I believe he though this job was easier than it actually was.

Mourinho is gone. He wants out. If he wins two trophies I expect him to act like he is a genius and say it is the greatest achievement ever. This job was too big for a manager who does not know how to coach.

I fully expect him to go somewhere else in the summer. I believe he though this job was easier than it actually was.
What makes you think he wants out?

What makes you think he wants out?

With Jose it is always tough to figure out what he will do because he will always do what's best for him and how he thinks it will make him look.

I think he realizes this is his last chance so not sure he will give up our job, but at the same time if he flukes his way to two Cups he also likely realizes he won't get that draw next year and will still have his shit tactics in the league likely resulting in another terrible finish but without the draws to carry him to fluke Cups. He could want to go out on a high so he can brag about all he did in bringing us to 10th in the league.

Why sack him after winning the EL, which would be our biggest trophy since '91 or arguably '84?

Our biggest problems are an unbalanced squad and lack of top quality in key positions. Changing the coach won't change that.

Back
Top Bottom