/

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we win the Europa league + League Cup (and finish 7th or lower in PL)...

• Sack Jose!

• Keep Jose, and buy him some better defenders!

Results are only viewable after voting.
You have to aspire to both surely. They're not mutually exclusive.
I’d say so but you know as well as I do that’s not always the case for some reason or other you ain’t going to maintain form for a whole season especially in a league campaign.

Well with all the teams ahead of us playing each other at least once over the next three games, there should be some serious movement in the top half provided we win our next two games.

No one remembers how you start, but they remember how you finish so time to finish the season strong

I do think with a solid set of defenders, we would play better football more often and win more games.
I really can't see how people are still talking about negative football. We haven't started a game with 2 defensive mids for ages. And because of that we have attacked more but been opened up with laughable ease.

Jol, Redknapp and Poch are all thought of more fondly than Graham and Ramos, so you tell me?
Ramos didn't speak any English so it was hard for him to build a relationship with fans. I will always remember him fondly it was a brilliant cup run and win.

Ramos didn't speak any English so it was hard for him to build a relationship with fans. I will always remember him fondly it was a brilliant cup run and win.
You remember Ramos fondly?
In his first season 10 wins from 27 league games.
In his next season. 2 points from 8 games.

Surely if he wins the Europa League and the League cup he's done enough to keep his job?
That will mean Champions league football next season and a trophy both of which will have been his targets entering into this season, it will also hopefully result in Kane and Son staying with the promise of next season being a big one.

I haven't enjoyed his brand of football and I think his negative approach has definitley cost us points this season, but its clear for anyone with eyes that our biggest issue and probably a mitigating factor in why he set up so negatively is that our defence is fucking woeful and needs a massive overhaul.

However if we fail to win either to qualify for the CL or he fails to win a trophy I think he's gone for sure.

Just seems daft to me that 1 in 3 people would hypothetically sack a manager who brought us a cup double and our first trophy since Ramos. Utter madness.

My only worry is that everyone is making Nagelsmann out to be the messiah.
as was Jose!
It's just the usual bullshit Nagelsmann is a name so that guarantees success. I mean these people just live on cloud cuckoo land, for starters would Nagelsmann even be interested in coming to a club with our transfer budget? highly doubtful, and even if he did there is no guarantee he could do better with the defence he would have at his disposal.

I feel there are some options lacking. If we win two trophies Jose will have secured more time at Spurs. We need to look at all aspects though? If we play like we did yesterday he'll have no problems, but like the three months ahead, Wolfsberger and WBA aside, the football has been poor, the tactics worse.

Last edited:
You remember Ramos fondly?
In his first season 10 wins from 27 league games.
In his next season. 2 points from 8 games.
Damn right I do, we beat City, thrashed the Arse, came back from a goal down to beat chelscum.
I will always remember it.

So thank you Ramos for giving us our only cup win in 20 years.

What fucking planet are some of you on? We win two trophies and you’d want the manager sacked? I don’t think I can even engage with that level of mental.
I know right, I swear to god half our fanbase aren't fucking happy unless they are miserable.

Use to sit behind a guy on the shelfside, would turn up 10 minutes into a game, moan for 70 minutes about everything then leave 10 minutes early.
To this day I still have no idea why he came.

We really do have a section of really shitty fans it has to be said.

Yeah, Spurs regularly build up our hopes only to Spursy them up, but how much of this DNA is coming directly from the mentality of our fanbase.

I know right, I swear to god half our fanbase aren't fucking happy unless they are miserable.

Use to sit behind a guy on the shelfside, would turn up 10 minutes into a game, moan for 70 minutes about everything then leave 10 minutes early.

Yeah, Spurs regularly build up our hopes only to Spursy them up, but how much of this DNA is coming directly from the mentality of our fanbase.
A lot of moaning yes, but also much higher expectations. And not willing to change those when the season plays out.

I thought we’d have a chance of the title up until a couple of months back. Then we went to shit and City did a City. Now I think we can win two cups. But that may change.

We are setup to be a top six club, with a chance of cups. Anything better is a bonus really. So to sack a manager if he wins two trophies is fucking mental. He’d be out most successful manager in 40 years if he pulls it off.

We win the EL and CC this season and then the PL and CL next season then we should be asking Jose where he wants his statue at the stadium! :mourbringit:

As you know, I hate agreeing with you, but, as has been said frequently, the general atmosphere in the new stadium leaves something to be desired. I would say it's often quite poor, unless we're really thumping the opposition. This must have an effect on the team, as does the fact that the opposition fans almost outdo us. The place seems to be filled with home spectators and opposition fans.

Home fans should be asked to swear an oath of allegiance before being allowed into the ground, - "I promise to cheer my team, though thick & thin, etc... ...in return they should be allowed to bring their own food in.

Back
Top Bottom