/

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we win the Europa league + League Cup (and finish 7th or lower in PL)...

• Sack Jose!

• Keep Jose, and buy him some better defenders!

Results are only viewable after voting.
We are 8th we are going backwards even Spammers are showing us up these days, we cant claw it back spending buttons and fluff.

Ok?

That is under Jose who doesn't have a system that supports his players or make them better.

Bringing in a quality manager like Nagelsmann who will implement a system that not only makes the team better, but individual players better will help that. He also will bring in tactics that work in today's game not from 10 years ago.

He has shown already that he does not need 500 million in transfers, he can adapt to use the players he has and get results.

Ok?

That is under Jose who doesn't have a system that supports his players or make them better.

Bringing in a quality manager like Nagelsmann who will implement a system that not only makes the team better, but individual players better will help that. He also will bring in tactics that work in today's game not from 10 years ago.

He has shown already that he does not need 500 million in transfers, he can adapt to use the players he has and get results.
System goes to shit when player errors cost us goals and points.
Poch was expected to get the best out of the players we had when he first came he couldn't do it
Mourinho , same deal, he can't do it it.

He might not need £500 million but he does need a realistic amount, it's not going to be raised by selling winks, Sissoko etc because no one wants those players.

System goes to shit when player errors cost us goals and points.
Poch was expected to get the best out of the players we had when he first came he couldn't do it
Mourinho , same deal, he can't do it it.

He might not need £500 million but he does need a realistic amount, it's not going to be raised by selling winks, Sissoko etc because no one wants those players.

What?

Poch got us top 4 and to a CL final, that seems like getting the best out of players.

Jose could have a billion and it wouldn't make a difference because his tactics and philosophy don't work, he needs his players to overcome his tactics to have success.

Bringing in a manager that improves players, not limits them, will have a massive upgrade on the team.

What?

Poch got us top 4 and to a CL final, that seems like getting the best out of players.

Jose could have a billion and it wouldn't make a difference because his tactics and philosophy don't work, he needs his players to overcome his tactics to have success.

Bringing in a manager that improves players, not limits them, will have a massive upgrade on the team.
Then got sacked the next season, that was as good as it gets, you will realise that soon.

Why would he miss out on top 4?

Poch didn't, Harry made top 4, AVB got 5th and he is much worse of a manager than Nagelsmann.

Has Jose already done so much damage that fans think top 4 is impossible for Spurs now?
You think poch was making top 4 after 14 points from 12 games? Hahahahah

Then got sacked the next season, that was as good as it gets, you will realise that soon.

Ok?

I am fine with us being consistently in the top 4 and making runs in the CL. That is a lot better than what we have seen under Jose.

I am really not sure what your point is here. It just seems like you want to complain about Spurs and rant about us never being good, am I missing something else?

We've won 2 cups in 20 years. Can you sack a guy that wins as many in one season? I don't think we can and I don't think we should. I think he's finally starting to see the light and playing more adventurous football.

You think poch was making top 4 after 14 points from 12 games? Hahahahah

I think it was entirely possible.

He had got top 4 the previous 4 seasons, were only 3 points off 5th and with a worse manager in Jose had multiple games where if we won we would have been in the top 4.

We ended up 7 point off of United with some terrible Jose performances in there. I see no reason why with a better manager like Poch we wouldn't improve on a lot of those awful results.

I think it was entirely possible.

He had got top 4 the previous 4 seasons, were only 3 points off 5th and with a worse manager in Jose had multiple games where if we won we would have been in the top 4.

We ended up 7 point off of United with some terrible Jose performances in there. I see no reason why with a better manager like Poch we wouldn't improve on a lot of those awful results.
And it was more entirely possible that we'd end up in a relegation fight. He was sacked at the right time and the season was saved enough that we ended up in the EL at least.

We've won 2 cups in 20 years. Can you sack a guy that wins as many in one season? I don't think we can and I don't think we should. I think he's finally starting to see the light and playing more adventurous football.

Yes you can.

And you should if you think that going forward the team will be worse off than if you keep him. Sacking him doesn't take away those trophies. We should not be making decisions based on what happened in the past but what you think is likely to happen in the future.

If we win two trophies solely due to luck and the draw that should not make us ignore how awful we have been in the PL and in overall play under Jose. It is highly unlikely we get the same luck and draws going forward so are you interested in watching the same football with the same terrible PL results without getting handed sweetheart draws that lead to Cups?

And it was more entirely possible that we'd end up in a relegation fight. He was sacked at the right time and the season was saved enough that we ended up in the EL at least.

There is no reason to think we would have come close to a relegation fight. We were closer to 5th than 18th at the time and as mentioned under Poch the worst we had ever finished was 5th, in his first year.

To try and say that relegation was a possibility based off 12 games in which we weren't even close to the relegation spots is ridiculous.

How do these tactics from 10 years ago relate to how we played yesterday?

What would Nags or the ABM done differently?

I am not sure, probably not a whole lot different from them.

But are we now ignoring a year and a half, plus 20+ years before that, of Jose because of one game yesterday?

There is no reason to think we would have come close to a relegation fight. We were closer to 5th than 18th at the time and as mentioned under Poch the worst we had ever finished was 5th, in his first year.

To try and say that relegation was a possibility based off 12 games in which we weren't even close to the relegation spots is ridiculous.
We got 14 points of 12 games, thats relegation battle form. Probably would have survived the drop but Poch was devoid of any ideas of how to change it around. Quite rightly got sacked.

We 14 points of 12 games, thats relegation battle form. Probably would have survived the drop but Poch was devoid of any ideas of how to change it around. Quite rightly got sacked.

I have already stated that I am fine with Poch being fired, I think there were issues between him and the club that likely were not getting fixed.

But to try and claim that the worst 12 games under Poch, a run that had them closer to 5th than 18th, would have led to a relegation fight is stupid. There is zero basis for it.

Again this has very little to do with what I said that two other managers Poch and Harry got us top 4 multiple times and the 3rd, AVB that most hate, got us 5th. There is no reason to think that we can't finish top 4 again going forward. Feel free to disagree with that but 12 games of Poch to start a season does nothing to change that.

Ok?

I am fine with us being consistently in the top 4 and making runs in the CL. That is a lot better than what we have seen under Jose.

I am really not sure what your point is here. It just seems like you want to complain about Spurs and rant about us never being good, am I missing something else?
I told you the consistent top 4 days are over and they aren't coming back no matter what manager we get in because of our owners, that's the point.

I told you the consistent top 4 days are over and they aren't coming back no matter what manager we get in because of our owners, that's the point.

So the same owners that had us finish top 4 6 times in the last 11 seasons and 5th two other times now cannot have us finish top 4 again?

Was it just luck those 6 times or was it magic from Poch, who you ran down earlier, that got us those spots?

Back
Top Bottom