8 PL Managers Accused of Taking Bungs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So much shit in football, don't like the press but needs to be sorted. My guesses would be Redknapp, Pardew, Warnock, obviously Allardyce.

Still amazed about that guy who admitted helping Leicester and Woolwich players dope in the papers last season and fuck all was done, the whole thing was brushed under the carpet. This despite Lecister players suddenly taking 5 spots in the top 10 fastests sprinters in the prem when they didn't have 1 the previous season. Nothing dodgy about that.

With the amount of money and glory around I don't know how anyone can think football is clean in either money or drugs.

Pearson has to be one, this story breaks and he is quietly removed from his job without being sacked? Something going on there.

Also, based on history and his reaction last night, I can't see 'Arry not being involved somehow.

There seems to be a rather large house of cards waiting to come down...

Cellino doesn't surprise me in the slightest.... he's just yer typical Italian owner of a football club who thinks he's bigger than football... and probably had a finger in some torte to get where he is.

Dunno about Pearson... he's just an 'orrible cunt... but maybe he's a dodgy orrible cunt n'all!!!

There will be blood!

I've always thought Damien Comolli's links to Hertha Berlin looked very suspect....

- Signed an injured Gilberto for ยฃ5m in January, when he was available on a free that summer.
- Signed Kevin Prince-Boateng on the back of him supposedly winning young player of the year in Germany.....which as far as I can tell was complete bullshit

I've always thought Damien Comolli's links to Hertha Berlin looked very suspect....

- Signed an injured Gilberto for ยฃ5m in January, when he was available on a free that summer.
- Signed Kevin Prince-Boateng on the back of him supposedly winning young player of the year in Germany.....which as far as I can tell was complete bullshit
:sonhmm::bmj:

My guess is right now the names have all been contacted directly by the paper, they have probably spoken to the clubs that they work for too. Basically the contact would along the lines of "We have this on you, do you want to comment before we run the story". There is no doubt a fair bit of dialog going on behind the scenes.

Agreed, it's just always funny to hear stories of people getting arrested or fired over small amounts or offenses that isn't worth losing your job over.
Assuming that it is his only time, it could actually show that the temptations are far greater lower down the leagues. Outside of the PL employees at clubs are by and large very poorly paid. Another view point could be that ยฃ5k might actually be a large sum of money and actually adds weight to an argument that money should be better distributed across all tiers of the football pyramid.

Obviously, taking a bung is taking a bung but with different view points and an open mind to those who are looking to rectify all this shit, IMO it's the only way to eradicate a culture of corruption, failing to address the culture means that it will never go away.

Last edited:
My guess is right now the names have all been contacted directly by the paper... Basically the contact would along the lines of "We have this on you, do you want to comment before we run the story". There is no doubt a fair bit of dialog going on behind the scenes.
I assume they're still waiting to hear back from Kevin Keegan then!

(Totally unrelated to THIS story, granted... but there have *always been rumours about the Papers holding back info on him, regarding... y'know, 'B' Road Laybys, bruises and an irate Dad...!!

* ALLEGEDLY !! *

The Southampton Assistant boss has been named now. How deep is this Telegraph rabbit hole? Who next? The ball-boy at Swansea? That fucking Woolwich mascot? Jeff Stelling? Guaranteed all those Swiss bank accounts have the password 'Rosie47'. :harrysmile:

The investigation should start with whoever sanctioned the Pogba fee at united. That must have been 16/17th party ownership by the time the final cheque was cut.

I've always and will always detest Allardyce, glad the cunt got sacked even if he did technically nothing wrong. Fuck you Jabba. Hope you end up back at Spam. :wanyama:

Back
Top Bottom