8 PL Managers Accused of Taking Bungs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why would Allardyce either they don't need the money, some people just like the power and are chancers by nature.
I just have a hard time imagining Mourinho and Ferige doing it. It makes sense for people in lesser positions, where the pay isn't as good. But did Fat Sam actually do anything incriminating?

Would be very surprised if Roberto Martinez was not on the list. Doubt Fergie or Mourinho, they're too obsessed with winning to sacrifice a transfer for profit.

If Fergie wasn't knee deep in bungs I'd be amazed. The Bebe deal stank and provoked muted comment at the time; of course the perennial cheating bully was a peer of the realm by then so,,,,,,,

PS It was his sheer greed that lead to the sale to the Glazers.

If Fergie wasn't knee deep in bungs I'd be amazed. The Bebe deal stank and provoked muted comment at the time; of course the perennial cheating bully was a peer of the realm by then so,,,,,,,

PS It was his sheer greed that lead to the sale to the Glazers.
He ok'd it, but I don't think you can blame him for the owners cashing in.

But I dunno about the bungs with him. He was well-paid enough to not need them, and bad enough at transfers that Bebe is explainable in other ways.

To me, it's about both opportunity and incentives. A lot of the UK managers had both a need to cash in while they could, and the opportunity to do so (no DoFs at their clubs). Fergie didn't have the incentive, in my mind.

I could very well be wrong, we shall see. I could see him more taking on third party ownership of players than getting bribed himself. That would've been just like horses for him.

He ok'd it, but I don't think you can blame him for the owners cashing in.

But I dunno about the bungs with him. He was well-paid enough to not need them, and bad enough at transfers that Bebe is explainable in other ways.

To me, it's about both opportunity and incentives. A lot of the UK managers had both a need to cash in while they could, and the opportunity to do so (no DoFs at their clubs). Fergie didn't have the incentive, in my mind.

I could very well be wrong, we shall see. I could see him more taking on third party ownership of players than getting bribed himself. That would've been just like horses for him.

Speaking of horses, he took the Coolmore guys to court for a share of the stud rights for a race horse after he had been gifted a half share in the race winnings. The fall out from this prompted the sale of about 25 % of the club to the Glazers which played a vital part in the leveraged takeover. He had his own son acting as player agent for a while. His time frame coincided with George Graham, Terry Venables and 'Arry , it is a reasonable assumption given the man's character that he was also complicit. He is still taking millions out of the club as ambassador.

Back
Top Bottom