9th most valuable squad in Europe (Spurs)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But, but, but - our owners are cunts who have never backed the club how can this be .... let me guess it's all lies is that right JT?
“Not Backed”
Its got nothing to do with 'backing'.

Guess what they are rating Dele Alli at based on his performances (amongst other things)? 96 million Euros in January this year as the worlds 26th most expensive player. Fucking mental.

But even more hillarious....Harry Winks worth 53 million. Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool. What is levy doing. Sell sell sell!!!

Hold it, you're not Spurs? Then who do you support?
That's widely known on here already, mate. I'm England and England alone!

I'm a complete club neutral. My interest in England by itself is enough to justify my participation on a PL club forum, but especially Spurs: Kane is my all-time favourite player and I've grown fond of Spurs through my connections to the community on forums like this. :)

Anyway, outside of never missing an England game (haven't missed one in about ten years), I watch whatever football takes my fancy. I always watch Spurs if that's one of the choices. I just can't bring myself to support a club because to me they've become fungible, soulless corporate entities with no meaningful connection to their roots, simply providing a fruitless surrogate for the innate tribal drive and subverting society's masculine attention in harmless, ineffectual directions. The old bread and circuses writ very large indeed!

I imagine I would've enjoyed football a lot more back when you watched local players play for local managers at local clubs owned by local businessmen whose stadia all advertised other local businesses and money wasn't the only incentive to perform for your team. Nowadays, the money in the sport alone is enough to make you feel a bit sick if you really think about it for too long. Clubs offer each other enough money to feed entire cities to instead rip up pieces of paper.

Last edited:
CIES Football Observatory is the most highly rated football valuation company on the planet,
opinion stated as fact...unless you have a source to back this up other than your opinion

just about every other site WhoScored, Transfer Market, Squaka, Opta use their valuations ...
Is that a new place or did you mean transfermarkt.com? If you did mean transfermarkt then your statement is inaccurate as there is discordance in valuations of players. Beyond that, anecdotal observations of CIES valuations have always seemed high while TM's valuations have always been conservative. And beyond that IMO you'd be lucky to get half of 787M for our current squad in the open market.

I've never claimed our owners haven't spent money, but just to make clear, this isn't about what they have spent, it's about the current estimated value of players.

Kane probably represents about a quarter of that total value alone and he cost zero.

They are putting too much weight on which league a player plays in (which is why so many English teams at the top in your original post). And second their age. Rice is only 20, so his value gets inflated.

3rd..... The drugs.

I'm not pro or anti-Levy, mate. But, as an example, I don't think he personally had much to do with Harry Kane becoming a 100m+ player. That's the most exceptional of the exceptional (and therefore most valuable) players already covered.

I guess you could bring up Son as an example of an appreciated asset but then you'd have to get into the murky waters of the unknowable: how much real control Levy exercises over transfers (beyond the financial side).

I'm not going to try to make an argument for or against Levy because (a) I don't have a clue(!), (b) I don't think anyone really knows enough about what he does or doesn't do at the club, (c) it's not my business as a neutral to criticise the club's chairman on a fan forum(!). I'm just pointing out one very obvious possible interpretation of some data that we're all analysing and nothing more.

I'm obviously pro Levy ... but putting that aside you take the good with the bad, if you blame Levy for everything that's gone wrong then you must equally praise him for everything that's gone right ... to say all good things are luck and all bad things are shit management?

No question there have been some big failures, and some big missed opportunities but to deny that pretty much everything at the club is moving in the right direction, this is just more proof - why do that?

You're just going out of your way to say you don't accept their valuations
No, that's me going out of my way saying that you are stating your opinion as fact. Whether or not I accept them is immaterial to that point.

as you rightly say that's your own opinion and you don't agree
I did not say whether or not I inherently disagree or agree. I did state that right now we wouldn't get half that but if we go on a streak we might get double...in other words, market volatility. But my opinion isn't what I responded to you about and you are still avoiding the fact that you were talking bollocks. Just admit that you cannot support your statement...and then stop making the statement.

personally I'll go with the professionals, but no worries each to their own.
Professionals? Is there a university course for 'football transfer market evaluators' that I don't know about? but go with whomever floats your boat as that is not my concern. My concern is the talking of bollocks and you seem to be avoiding it...that is, after you were knee-deep in it.

Its got nothing to do with 'backing'.

Guess what they are rating Dele Alli at based on his performances (amongst other things)? 96 million Euros in January this year as the worlds 26th most expensive player. Fucking mental.

But even more hillarious....Harry Winks worth 53 million. Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool. What is levy doing. Sell sell sell!!!

You can laugh at Winks' valuation, but its still 50/50 as to who is England's starting holding midfielder between him and Henderson

Henderson is one of Liverpool's most important players and they've lost one league game since last Christmas

I personally think Winks is the better player for England

Shock horror - facts don't support the opinion - solution deny the facts

CIES Football Observatory is the most highly rated football valuation company on the planet, just about every other site WhoScored, Transfer Market, Squaka, Opta use their valuations ... they apply the same criteria to every player at every club, so right or wrong they are a fair reflection ....

But not good enough for TFC ... what a surprise? Quick find some sand and stick your heads in it ... you can't here anything positive about Spurs what will you moan about then?
At least we found one person on this forum who would happily pay 96 million euros for Dele fucking Alli and 80 million for Declan fucking Rice.

Really? Tried doing some sums in my bonce and I'm not sure how they're getting that figure. We're only getting big bucks for Harry and Son.

That said, all the teams seem greatly inflated.

Back
Top Bottom