/

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we win the Europa league + League Cup (and finish 7th or lower in PL)...

• Sack Jose!

• Keep Jose, and buy him some better defenders!

Results are only viewable after voting.
He has had more than 60 games with us, that is more than enough to judge what he can and can't do. Plus it is not like this is his first mangerial stint, basically every problem he is having with us is the same issues he had at other clubs especially at his last job with United.

You need to look at how he won those trophies, which lets be clear he has not come close to doing yet. We are in the League Cup final because of the draw not because of our good play. We are in the round of 16 in Europa because of the draw not because of our good play. If we win the Europa it will be because we continue to get the luck of the draw, if we face good teams we will lose. If we win the League Cup final it will be because of absolute luck not us outplaying City.

Luck and draws are not sustainable year to year. What happens next year when we don't get the same luck and draws and now have to rely on form which we have seen has been awful in a year and half under Jose, was awful with United and tends to decrease at every stop he goes to.

Well ok. Luck of the draw it may be when in the end it's winning that matters. No gives a shit about the luck of the draw that have won things. If we win a trophy..or two (Europa would next round will get difficult so to win that will that will take some doing) then he will not be sacked. Maybe he will get another season. City deserved to lose when we beat them could happen again and I don't think anyone cares if he comes of bales ass and goes in to win it

Unfortunately this is not the NFL where the attack is practically decoupled from the defence.

In the modern game, the entire team is coupled and a weakness in one area easily ripples through the entire team. As example is Liverpool's current situation, where they are having problems with their defence but are struggling to score more than concede. They are not ending up in high scoring shoot outs like your premise would suggest. Even City, when they had their defesnive issues, were not simply losing high scoring shoot outs.

The notion of scoring several goals assumes you have the possession often enough to create those opportunities. If you are weak defensively, it is more likely that your team would be unable to recover the ball and instead be put under sustained pressure, minimizing the opportunities to attack.

Playing an open vs closed game game is a different topic.
They are not boring the entire country to sleep trying

I think this thread is ridiculous. Our club is a club with few trophies and titles in history and it is pathetic to think that the club will sack the manager who wins the Europa League and the Carabao Cup in the same year, if that happens.

Mourinho will not be sacked with this European title and a victory in the final against Man City for the cup

I think this thread is ridiculous. Our club is a club with few trophies and titles in history and it is pathetic to think that the club will sack the manager who wins the Europa League and the Carabao Cup in the same year, if that happens.

Mourinho will not be sacked with this European title and a victory in the final against Man City for the cup
Totally agree.

it’s a sorry state of affairs when your own fans are calling for the manager to be sacked after TWO cups in one season, something which we have NEVER done (1 league, 1 cup granted) after not winning one cup in thirteen years!

it’s like some fans don’t know what we’re about. Historically a cup team, the year ends in a 1, and they wouldn’t be satisfied, even with a Champs League entry.

it’s FUCKING OUTRAGEOUS what some are you are saying. I don’t know if you’re new to football, English football or Tottenham, but get a fucking grip. All this chat about a draw- that’s because it’s a fucking cup, that’s what happens.

As well as that win our game in hand and we’re 2 points from 4th as well.

Honestly, it’s cunting shameful what some of you post in the name of Tottenham. I understand the football isn’t at its peak, but hold me down and fuck me with a salmon, the way some of you spout absolute codswollop about the cups, really makes me wonder if you understand spurs at all.

Totally agree.

it’s a sorry state of affairs when your own fans are calling for the manager to be sacked after TWO cups in one season, something which we have NEVER done (1 league, 1 cup granted) after not winning one cup in thirteen years!

it’s like some fans don’t know what we’re about. Historically a cup team, the year ends in a 1, and they wouldn’t be satisfied, even with a Champs League entry.

it’s FUCKING OUTRAGEOUS what some are you are saying. I don’t know if you’re new to football, English football or Tottenham, but get a fucking grip. All this chat about a draw- that’s because it’s a fucking cup, that’s what happens.

Honestly, it’s cunting shameful what some of you post in the name of Tottenham. I understand the football isn’t at its peak, but hold me down and fuck me with a salmon, the way some of you spout absolute codswollop about the cups, really makes me wonder if you understand spurs at all.
Can someone please do the honours?

Totally agree.

I think this is the problem with a hypothetical thread. Our last 2 managers to win a trophy were both fired the next season, and rightly so.

Di Matteo is the only manager to win the CL with Chelsea. He was fired less than 10 games later, I believe, and rightly so.

A lot of fans think Jose is the manager for us moving forward. We can certainly fluke our way through a win against City after an easy route to the LC final.

If we somehow muddle our way to the EL it doesn't necessarily mean Joe will be the right manager next season and after that.

Personally I want us to keep Jose but if some want him out despite delivering a trophy I have no problem with their opinion.

But, but... its only the league cup and europa league. We have a god given right to win the league.its that or nothing.Despite it been 60 year since we have

hold me down and fuck me with a salmon
Tom Cruise What GIF

Yeah he needs to go even if we win EL & LC, which we won’t anyway.

I’ve seen more crap, gutless football in 15 months than I’ve seen in the last decade together, so no trophy is going to make me want to see Mourinho another season in charge.

Like I said if Levy doesn’t pull the trigger in the summer he’s a rat and deserves to fuck off along with Mourinho.

Yesterday summed up why some of us voted sack regardless. You can spawn your way to a cup or 2. A lucky draw, a dodgy decision, a good one off performance. The league tells you where you really are and we're at best a 6th place team. Thats in line with most of Mourinho's recent league placings. There is no progress after 16 months and the football is brutal.

When the female salmon arrive the winning males and females release their eggs, which can number two to ten thousand, and sperm into a kind of nest made in the gravel and cover them over. After this the salmon's job is complete, their scales fall off, their muscles dwindle and they die soon after.

Back
Top Bottom