A Proper Harry Kane Poll, with no silly options.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you support Kane going on strike ?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Grealish is valued by City at £100m. He is nowhere near being one of the best midfielders in the world yet. He's very good, granted, but that's it.

Kane is one of the top 3 strikers on the planet. He's only just turned 28 and has a good 5 or 6 years in him left. Ergo, he is worth a lot more than Grealish right now. Add to that he still has 3 years left on his deal.

Therefore £150m is far from unreasonable.
I don't think he's worth more than 120m personally and doubt City will pay 150m

For me it now makes taking a small hit on the price but getting rid of a player who clearly doesn't wanna play for us anymore and use the massive fee to rebuild and ageing squad full of shitters.

For me it now makes taking a small hit on the price but getting rid of a player who clearly doesn't wanna play for us anymore and use the massive fee to rebuild and ageing squad full of shitters.

Entitled to your opinion mate, absolutely. But I stand by that we shouldn't let City fuck us in the ass for Kane. If they want him that badly, they can pay.

I do get your point though.

But that's the issue.

120m in today's market doesn't allow for a rebuild. You'd only get one or two players for that.
White 50m
Romero 50m

Kane is miles better than lukaku who the chavs are looking to bid 130m for. Even that might get refused.

Even next year Harry would still be worth 100m with 2 years left on his contract.

But that's the issue.

120m in today's market doesn't allow for a rebuild. You'd only get one or two players for that.
White 50m
Romero 50m

Kane is miles better than lukaku who the chavs are looking to bid 130m for. Even that might get refused.

Even next year Harry would still be worth 100m with 2 years left on his contract.
If you spend smart we can get 4-5 young prospect players like Gil, etc. White is overpriced for being English nothing more

No-one is paying 100m for a nearly 30-year old Kane - the time is now cash in and move on

Yes - Neville confirmed this started last year pre-season already

Stands to reason Levy did a Modric on him and convinced him to play one more season
How does Neville know this? I would assume he has the story from Kane? I just don’t see Levy making any such agreement. Why would he? He has the protection of the signed contract. I don’t buy it

How does Neville know this? I would assume he has the story from Kane? I just don’t see Levy making any such agreement. Why would he? He has the protection of the signed contract. I don’t buy it
To be fair it doesn't matter if Levy did or didn't do it. Gentleman's agreements are worthless.

Grealish is valued by City at £100m. He is nowhere near being one of the best midfielders in the world yet. He's very good, granted, but that's it.

Kane is one of the top 3 strikers on the planet. He's only just turned 28 and has a good 5 or 6 years in him left. Ergo, he is worth a lot more than Grealish right now. Add to that he still has 3 years left on his deal.

Therefore £150m is far from unreasonable.
Very unlikely that Kane has 5 or 6 good years left. More like 3 max. He is slowing down more and more every season. 150 would be realllly good but we'll have to be very very lucky to get it.

I think the problem with that from the club perspective is it sets a precedent where a player can become difficult to get a move whatever the price. I can’t see Levy doing that

I think the problem with that from the club perspective is it sets a precedent where a player can become difficult to get a move whatever the price. I can’t see Levy doing that
Precedent is - we’ve ALWAYS sold our best players in the past. This one won’t be any different

130m and fuck off. I'm excited to see what Nuno has planned and the recruits come in and give us some newbie energy. I'm not excited to see a disgruntled Harry amble around at 2mph for 90 mins.

We had to put up with Mourinho's toxic bile before and now this shit before the season's even begun. It's rocking the boat when the squad need stability and concentration. I feel sorry for Nuno and the staff as well. Really disrespectful to them.

Back
Top Bottom