A Proper Harry Kane Poll, with no silly options.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you support Kane going on strike ?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Daniel Levy as he settles down to read The Fighting Cock tonight

giphy.gif

Nope. He signed a 6 year deal. That’s on Harry. End of.
Yeah, with his tenure at the club, even predating being a first team player, he knew exactly what he was doing signing that deal with Daniel Levy.

He’s done the club a service by signaling very clearly that he does not intended to extend his contract any further. It gives the club the maximum opportunity to cash in on his value if they so choose.

But he signed the deal, very notably at the time smashing our dreaded “wage structure” to do so. I can absolutely forgive his frustrations but he is a Tottenham player until July 1, 2024 unless Tottenham agrees otherwise.

Made my mind up.

I voted yes, because I support the rights of workers to withdraw their labour. I assume that Kane held a ballot, voted and is abiding by the result.

If, eventually, he is unfairly forced to resume his labour, I hope he enforces an overtime ban, resulting in him sitting down on the grass at 45 & 90 minutes and not participating in any added time whatsoever.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
If we want 150 million for him then that's pricing him out of a move.

This simply isn't true.......

.......And your only real basis for saying this is "what if he sulks though".

Think 100m is ok? .......Ask yourself this:

1 x Harry Kane or 2 x Ben Whites.

Exactly. The very fact it's Harry Kane. One of our own, The very last player you or anyone would ever have expected to be the focal point of this scenario we see played out time and time and fucking time again........
Surely. Surely to fuck people must now realise there is something fundamentally wrong behind the scenes at this football club.
Something festering and rotten within the DNA so putrid that Harry Kane, yes, even HARRY KANE, has now become the hate target of our supporters.

Every time the old cliches get trotted out like No olayer is bigger than the club blah blah blah. And a couple of years later the whole sordid shit gets played out all over again.

The respnse of our own supporters is so fucking predictable it's pathetic.
I despise the stance Kane has taken and have lost all respect for him.

I also despise Levy/Enic and have lost all respect for them.

Im a mother fucking hater 😎

What silly cunts think it's ok to refuse to do his job that he's contracted to do?
We can all reluctantly accept and empathise with his need to win trophies, but going on strike to achieve it isn't right.

He's not a fucking teacher, or NHS staff member or other civil servant that's been given a paltry fucking 1% raise. He's paid like £200k a week plus bonus to kick a bit of cow skin around some grass for a couple of hours a week. That he was fine with a couple of years ago.

Surprised 20 people said yes.
I don't like ENIC and I think he should leave because he wants to win things.
BUT you're getting paid 200k a week, during a time when people are losing their jobs, come in to training and do your job, until such time Shitty make an acceptable bid that we accept.
If they don't do it, tough shit. Stop whining and do your job.

What Kane needs to do to help move this on and be the bigger man, is to submit an official transfer request forgoing any bonus he's entitled to.
If he also continues to not report back he needs to accept he won't be paid.

So how do you think Harry should act considering he wants to leave and Levy has openly lied to him for more than a year now
He should go to Levy and :
Demand to leave
Hand in an official transfer request
Accept that if a reasonable offer comes in that he will be allowed to leave.

The only time I, and many others, would back him going on strike is if we received a decent offer for him and Levy subsequently refused it

ALC?

So how do you think Harry should act considering he wants to leave and Levy has openly lied to him for more than a year now
I think he should accept he’s being well paid, he has a contract, and that he should rock up to work like the rest of us.

Fuck Levy but he did not force Kane to sign a six year deal.

Kane can go fuck himself.

No issue with Kane wanting to leave, or leaving for a fair price. But if he's on strike over Levy not accepting 100m then he just doesn't understand his value.

Eden Hazard had a year on his contract and Real Madrid are said to have paid up to €140m for him. Coutinho initial fee of £105m rising to £135m in bonus. Grealish is a lovely player valued at 100m, but goals are money and Kane only has a right to strike if we're turning down bids of 130m plus, imo.

Harry is playing the game he has to play because Levy is a useless and dishonest piece of shit. H has given incredible service to us and we’ve fucked up at least three times when we had a pretty easy opportunity to cement a place at the top table. Take the money and let him move on. We might get him back when he’s won something if we play it right.
What money?

The fact you still support Levy even after this is most concerning

Kane leaving is a direct consequence of Levy’s action starting in 17/18
Contract til 2024 so levy is doing right by the club in wanting a fair fee. Don't quite know how any so called fan expects us to accept less just cos kane says so

People cry about how agents are sleazy etc etc, but players need smart agents or their client can get stuck in a contract they dont want like kane is. In the end all parties are doing whats best for them. Levy tricked them with the gentlemans agreement. Theyve made their move and hes going on strike. Interesting to see how this will all end.
What are you on about with him being "tricked?"

For all we know the gentleman's agreement was "you can leave Harry if we don't win anything this year AND a reasonable offer comes in." I'm sure the agreement wasn't, "sure Harry, you can fuck off to whichever club you want next year at whatever price if we don't win a trophy."

At the end of the day he signed a 6 year contract to make him millions upon millions of pounds every single year. If he wanted an out clause, his brother should have negotiated one for him.

The only person who "tricked" Harry was his brother tricking him into thinking having him as his agent was a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom