A trip to the Seaside - Southampton Away, 19/12/15

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

maybe time to sit back
defend in depth........................

look scared and uncertain
- hit them on the break

like every other team does to us..........

[formation=352, Lloris, Wimmer, Vertonghen, Bentaleb, Walker, Toby, Alli, Dier, Moose, N'Jie, Kane]][/formation]

Alli behind the front 2

rather than behind the midfield 5

maybe time to sit back
defend in depth........................

look scared and uncertain
- hit them on the break

like every other team does to us..........

[formation=352, Lloris, Wimmer, Vertonghen, Bentaleb, Walker, Toby, Alli, Dier, Moose, N'Jie, Kane]][/formation]

Alli behind the front 2

rather than behind the midfield 5
If the Premier League ever adapts to short passing, relying on techinal ability and moving triangles, why not?

Starting to conced silly goals. We need to keep a clean sheet, then the result will take care of itself?

This is a big game for us, be nice to win and bounce back with style. In hindsight , we will look back at the NU game and hopefully say it woke us up.

I wasn't serious....
you know that, right?
I know, I know... These kind of formations could work just as good as a 4-2-3-1, but coaches are afraid of change. Players are limited to being only defenders or attackers... Bentaleb, Vertonghen, Alli and Dembele are extremely versatile players, all four could play more positions that they are being used in. The prime example of this is Alaba, he basically can take on any role in a game.

Yeah, it's too early to think about such formations... but I would love to see something new in the Premier League. We have a good set of players which would be capable of much more.

It's a little discouraging that for the past few weeks we've all pretty much agreed that the team picks itself and after one loss there are people thinking we should switch things up entirely. I'm not saying that as a knock on anyone that wants to see a different lineup than usual, but that there are certainly some cracks.

I'm all onboard with Eriksen being on the bench though, we can't rely on something that he hasn't given us in a while (free kicks & clutch goals). The problem with that is that I'm not entirely sure who should play in his place. Son - Dembele - Lamela makes sense in some ways, but I'm not fully convinced by that.

must win game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if we dont then it means the next game is a must win game!!!!!!!!!!!

I know, I know... These kind of formations could work just as good as a 4-2-3-1, but coaches are afraid of change. Players are limited to being only defenders or attackers... Bentaleb, Vertonghen, Alli and Dembele are extremely versatile players, all four could play more positions that they are being used in. The prime example of this is Alaba, he basically can take on any role in a game.

Yeah, it's too early to think about such formations... but I would love to see something new in the Premier League. We have a good set of players which would be capable of much more.
I "get" what Poch is trying to do, but I think that without another credible goal outlet that we are becoming too one dimensional - and watching us burn out half way through a game, less than halfway through the season, is somewhat worrying.
Lets face it - at the moment all teams have to do is go 5 at the back and tag team Kane until he drops to midfield and keep hoping for us to over extend ourselves until a break develops.

Let's try and match the standards of Leicester City and that should see us through.
we were, but we have a better team of players and should be doing better than them because of it.
Chelsea were a far better footballing side than them last night, but their self belief and energy saw them through. Every game for Leicester looks like Rorke's drift because everyone believes that their talent will win in the end, and sadly the games just aren't long enough.

I'm in 2 minds about the team for this one. Lamela has been in better form than Eriksen lately but Eriksen offers so much more generally imo. Hmmmm think i'm going with Eriksen for this one but he needs to improve and contribute more...

-----------------------------------Lloris-------------------------------
Walker------------Alderweireld----Vertonghen----------Rose
----------------------------------Dier--Alli----------------------------
--------Son-----------------------Dembele---------------Eriksen-
------------------------------------Kane-----------------------------

I "get" what Poch is trying to do, but I think that without another credible goal outlet that we are becoming too one dimensional - and watching us burn out half way through a game, less than halfway through the season, is somewhat worrying.
Lets face it - at the moment all teams have to do is go 5 at the back and tag team Kane until he drops to midfield and keep hoping for us to over extend ourselves until a break develops.

In a nutshell

our attacks are all very regimented, planned out & samey.
be good to mix it up a bit. give the players a bit more freedom to express themselves.
throw in some off the cuff stuff. more variation.

Really? Obviously not fit for a full game after injury, but displaying a whole lot of good if not flashy things.

Most importantly mooooovement. So very many of our players constantly standing around in final third waiting for ball, so happy so see Sonny constantly trying to make space.

Yes he does but, like Eriksen at the moment, not worth his place.

Much prefer Onomah to start with N'jie up front interchanging with Harry.

Back
Top Bottom