A trip to the Seaside - Southampton Away, 19/12/15

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Onomah and Njie both did pretty well the other night but I wouldn't want to put them both into the game against Southampton, think it would result in disappointment.

Our movement off the ball in the final 3rd is not good enough. Players just standing still and notgiving the ball player any options.
Still too many pass backs to lloris.

Saints are struggling, but this has another draw written all over it. 1_1

N'Jie not that much, but this could be the type of game for Onomah. Southampton's midfield is a weak point, the number 10 role for this one is extremely important.

I don't think Eriksen deserves the criticism he received lately, but I'd leave him out of the starting line-up for this one and go with: Lloris, Walker, Toby, Verts, Rose, Dier, Alli, Lamela, Onomah, Chadli, Kane

Yes, the 'passenger' Chadli... He might not work back as much as he should, but I feel we need another finisher like Kane in the box. Southampton seems to fit his game.

I don't think we are going to get that many problems defending them, Pelle and Tadic have been out of form. Will be a big test for Walker against Mane though.

And for their defense we have to put Yoshida under pressure, he is prone to making mistakes.

we've had one maybe two disappointing results out of 16 games, and people are suggesting burnout? it's December for fuck sake :pochfacepalm:
nah. I've ignored the results.
i am going off performances. u cant say they are doing the same high intensity & pressing game as say, the Woolwich game.
they look a bit jaded & tired.

i am very sceptical of them being able to do it for a full season. let alone season after season.
his mentor biesla couldnt manage it.

Dembele will add the strength back into midfield which we lacked Sunday. I'd start Lamela ahead of Son, as he offers more in all departments. Son could be used as a great impact sub with his pace.

Eriksen hasn't been himself recently, but when he does turn up he is unplayable. He can tear teams apart. When he plays, our whole team plays. Dropping him may make him realise he needs to step up, but if we do and lose I'm sure the people who are moaning for him to be dropped will be moaning that he should of started.

Dembele will add the strength back into midfield which we lacked Sunday. I'd start Lamela ahead of Son, as he offers more in all departments. Son could be used as a great impact sub with his pace.

Eriksen hasn't been himself recently, but when he does turn up he is unplayable. He can tear teams apart. When he plays, our whole team plays. Dropping him may make him realise he needs to step up, but if we do and lose I'm sure the people who are moaning for him to be dropped will be moaning that he should of started.

Spot on, I think. I'm not at all convinced that Eriksen deserves to be benched. He provided the assist for the goal against Newcastle, and he's always a threat on a dead-ball. I also think Lamela's one of our better players now - with very good chance-creation stats and an impressive desire to track back. Swapping him for Son against Newcastle - after he'd had two great attempts on target saved - didn't bear much fruit.

Spot on, I think. I'm not at all convinced that Eriksen deserves to be benched. He provided the assist for the goal against Newcastle, and he's always a threat on a dead-ball. I also think Lamela's one of our better players now - with very good chance-creation stats and an impressive desire to track back. Swapping him for Son against Newcastle - after he'd had two great attempts on target saved - didn't bear much fruit.

I am curious as to why Pochettino tends to sub Lamela first whether he's playing really well or not. It could be based on work rate and not wanting him to pick up an injury, but I can't recall anyone coming off the bench to replace Lamela and changing the game for us.

Yes he does but, like Eriksen at the moment, not worth his place.

Much prefer Onomah to start with N'jie up front interchanging with Harry.

Tbh honest I wouldn't mind seeing both AT and Clint start wide againt Saints.

Attacking game against NUFC was quite stale and very congested across middle.

Think we'll see the very same XI, though. Unless Moussa can play.

Tbh honest I wouldn't mind seeing both AT and Clint start wide againt Saints.

Attacking game against NUFC was quite stale and very congested across middle.

Think we'll see the very same XI, though. Unless Moussa can play.

Don't know about AT but yes I agree the midfield was congested which suited the Toon.

Every opportunity they slowed the game down with niggling fouls and the ref had a poor game IMO.

Poor challenge on Walker 1st half didn't even warrant a yellow!

Fuck it

[formation=4231, Mcgee, Walker, Alderweireld, Wimmer, Rose, Dier, Alli, Lamela, Dembele, Onomah, Kane][/formation]
Don't think Onomah is quite ready to start in the pl yet, he has to be eased in. I like Poch's approach, maybe give him minutes towards the end of the match. I'd still rather see Eriksen/N'jie/Son start.
Don't see why Vertonghen should be dropped either

Don't know about AT but yes I agree the midfield was congested which suited the Toon.

Every opportunity they slowed the game down with niggling fouls and the ref had a poor game IMO.

Poor challenge on Walker 1st half didn't even warrant a yellow!
Indeed. The problem of playing Alli, Lamela, Eriksen and Kane. All looking for the same room.

we need width, wee need WIDTH!
3038367-slide-s-7-9-gifs-that-explain-responsive-design-brilliantly-07max-width-vx-no-max-width-1.gif

Had this match down as the match we would lose our unbeaten record. That has gone and now it is a must win match after no win in 3 . Erickson has one of the best assists records and has to play.
Carroll played well in Europe but fell short last Sunday. Dembole hopefully for him in an otherwise unchanged team.

Lloris
Walker - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose
Dier - Alli
Lamela - Dembele - Son
Kane
0-1
Kane

Back
Top Bottom