Aaron Lennon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One of my favourite players at the time but most frustrating as he could do the hard skill of beating a player but not the easier skill of getting a good cross in.
Not easy to cross the ball when flying…. Unlike stroller Beckham.

His work ethic was ridiculous - he could make Royal look a half decent player, his defensive covering and tracking was that good

I love how he's taken charge of his own care, hope he continues to get better. I loved Aaron as a player, he gave us balance when he was on the pitch.
100%. Amazing team player, frustrating at times with the ball but you would love to play RB with someone Lennon in front of you

I think Azza got a bit of an unreasonable set of criticism from certain fans, and only because he was a fast, attacking risk taker. His passing, movement, crossing etc didn’t always come off but that’s the nature of daring to do. Brilliant to watch and got WHL properly on its feet. Fast, exciting and a threat both for assists and goalscoring. Honestly, the natural attacking midfield talent that Redknapp had was unbelievable: Bale, Modric, Azza, VDV… I’m drooling thinking about it - and not just ‘cos I’ve aced a roast beef Sunday lunch.

I think Azza got a bit of an unreasonable set of criticism from certain fans, and only because he was a fast, attacking risk taker. His passing, movement, crossing etc didn’t always come off but that’s the nature of daring to do. Brilliant to watch and got WHL properly on its feet. Fast, exciting and a threat both for assists and goalscoring. Honestly, the natural attacking midfield talent that Redknapp had was unbelievable: Bale, Modric, Azza, VDV… I’m drooling thinking about it - and not just ‘cos I’ve aced a roast beef Sunday lunch.

His end product wasn't the most consistent and he had a pretty weak shot, but loved watching him play from week to week. Was a joy to watch him rip a FB to pieces when he was on it.

Lovely to see him at half time, looking fit and well, and he obviously loves us too.
Good Day Sacramento GIF by 1331Creative

Great player, unlucky with injuries, he had a half season where he really elevated his game and looked like kicking on to be a real top 4 level winger, then had a long lay off after a bad challenge and lost some of that confidence. Always worked his arse off for us and always wanted to see him do well, never knew what we saw in Bentley when we already had Aaron, glad his issues seem to be behind him.

Back
Top Bottom