Aaron Lennon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I love Aaron Lennon and hope he continues to be a staple in the side.

26 years old and 327 appearances for the club (more than Dawson and King). Could be a genuine club legend. Proper spursy.

He's a big part of the reason Bale is worth a 100m.

Hope everyone enjoys his immense dimension.

:lennon:

Last edited:
B864bORIQAAhM0J.jpg

Courtesy of Everton_Today on twitter.

He is a very good finisher but I think too often looks for the pass.

I also get a really warm feeling inside when he scores. Like a proud father. Dont get that for any other player

#nohomo.

Its best to chase the positive outcome imo.

Yes of course, but it's a platitude when you're really suffering - I know mate - the idea of a positive outcome is abstract - it's what people don't understand. It's extremely frustrating, and out of the 31 people I've seen about this, only one person got it. Yes there is help out there, but it's so hit and miss. Far better to confront the reality imo - I wasted 5 years of my life thinking I was going to be 'cured'. I'm better for accepting I'm not going to be the same person I was before.

he did fairly well at everton & was 1 of there few highlights from jan onwards.
i think in general he was seen as a success.
could still do a job for us & he gives us a different option. defensively good too.
i miss the little fella.
poch is out of order making him train with the kids (if true). very disrespectful.
notice how many people fall out with poch, yet its never poch's fault.
we will be in to double figures soon.

Notice how many people fell out with other managers? How many fell out with Sherwood? AVB? Redknapp?

Fact seems to be we have too many players falling out with managers and the manager is the one to bear the brunt, so we sack the manager, swap a load of players round have another 'transitional season' and start it all again when the same players are falling out with the manager again, rinse, repeat.

I personally am fine with the manager deciding who he wants in his team and I couldn't give a fuck if it Poch's fault that they don't like him. I'd rather Poch was "very disrespectful" to Lennon if it means keeping the respect of the rest of the team, I want my manager to be ruthless and to kick some arse when it needs kicking rather than pussyfoot around keeping players he doesn't want or like in the squad through some token gesture of respect to player who shows none in return.

Poch doesn't have the nostalgic view of Lennon most of us have, he doesn't have the memories of Lennon at full speed ripping apart a fullback time and time again, and you know what, due to increasing age, copious amounts of drugs and the fact it's been a very fucking long time, I don't have those memories either. Even if I did, I'm tired of living in the past and I'm tired of players dining out on old moments of glory. One of my favourite things about Lennon was always the anticipation of what he could have become, every close season I imagined him to have been working on his crossing and shooting, and in that next season he would finally come back as the complete winger, but he never fucking did...and that to me highlights just how much dedication and desire he really has.

So when it come down to Poch trying to put together a team of players willing to run through walls for him, I'm not surprised Poch would eliminate anyone who's attitude is more geared toward how much pussy he can get with his wad of cash and massive schlong.

Turning 30 today, was always one of my favourites (especially with that hit against Chelsea). Now I know he was quite lacking as a player but he gave 110% every match even at a time he was surrounded by lazy gits around him.

Happy birthday Azza

Back
Top Bottom