Aaron Lennon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

he did fairly well at everton & was 1 of there few highlights from jan onwards.
i think in general he was seen as a success.
could still do a job for us & he gives us a different option. defensively good too.
i miss the little fella.
poch is out of order making him train with the kids (if true). very disrespectful.
notice how many people fall out with poch, yet its never poch's fault.
we will be in to double figures soon.
Im presuming from your comments that you work at the club and are heavily involved in goings on, so please, do you have any "itk" to share? Anyone we can expect to arrive?

If he's not going to be in the first team next season (for whatever reason), why should he be training with them?

It's not like he's being unpaid, he's had a good time at Tottenham and unfortunately his time here has come to an end, which happens at every football club.

He's been poor for managers who use him incorrectly (although no worse than Lamela, to be honest). He was great for Martinez January onwards.

If used properly, he's still the best winger we've got. But no, he's being treated like a cunt by a managers who prefers a complete pretender in his place.

Some of the comments in this thread are a joke.
Apparently he has stuffed up real bad behind the scenes 'burned his bridges' is the current quote!

Im presuming from your comments that you work at the club and are heavily involved in goings on, so please, do you have any "itk" to share? Anyone we can expect to arrive?
why so angry?

& how comes u havent been saying this to people supporting poch by saying certain players are troublemakers?

theres many 100s of posts where people say such & such is a troublemaker off the pitch.

i dont see angry beale speaking up then. i wonder why?

If he's not going to be in the first team next season (for whatever reason), why should he be training with them?

It's not like he's being unpaid, he's had a good time at Tottenham and unfortunately his time here has come to an end, which happens at every football club.
very few people are made to train with the kids when their time comes to an end at a club, especially ones that have been there for so long. it's disrespectful end of.

oh, and his time is only coming to an end because our managers have refused to use him right since HR.

he did fairly well at everton & was 1 of there few highlights from jan onwards.
i think in general he was seen as a success.
could still do a job for us & he gives us a different option. defensively good too.
i miss the little fella.
poch is out of order making him train with the kids (if true). very disrespectful.
notice how many people fall out with poch, yet its never poch's fault.
we will be in to double figures soon.

Notice how many people fell out with other managers? How many fell out with Sherwood? AVB? Redknapp?

Fact seems to be we have too many players falling out with managers and the manager is the one to bear the brunt, so we sack the manager, swap a load of players round have another 'transitional season' and start it all again when the same players are falling out with the manager again, rinse, repeat.

I personally am fine with the manager deciding who he wants in his team and I couldn't give a fuck if it Poch's fault that they don't like him. I'd rather Poch was "very disrespectful" to Lennon if it means keeping the respect of the rest of the team, I want my manager to be ruthless and to kick some arse when it needs kicking rather than pussyfoot around keeping players he doesn't want or like in the squad through some token gesture of respect to player who shows none in return.

Poch doesn't have the nostalgic view of Lennon most of us have, he doesn't have the memories of Lennon at full speed ripping apart a fullback time and time again, and you know what, due to increasing age, copious amounts of drugs and the fact it's been a very fucking long time, I don't have those memories either. Even if I did, I'm tired of living in the past and I'm tired of players dining out on old moments of glory. One of my favourite things about Lennon was always the anticipation of what he could have become, every close season I imagined him to have been working on his crossing and shooting, and in that next season he would finally come back as the complete winger, but he never fucking did...and that to me highlights just how much dedication and desire he really has.

So when it come down to Poch trying to put together a team of players willing to run through walls for him, I'm not surprised Poch would eliminate anyone who's attitude is more geared toward how much pussy he can get with his wad of cash and massive schlong.

i think far more have fallen out with poch than the others u mentioned.
i just think your reasoning is very extreme.
either lennon trains with the kids or poch loses loads of respect from the players.

i think thats very dramatic to say the least.
if its true then now im really worried.
how weak & fragile is our team if lennon training with them causes so many problems for them.
also that would imply we havent got much of a togetherness.
if thats the case we need to sign players with a stronger mentality.

also its a dangerous game to play. what happens if kane turns up drunk & does a few stupid things?
alienate him, make him train with the kids & then sell him the 1st chance we get?
id rather we told him what an idiot he has been. & then do all we can to stop him from doing it again. & work with him on improving his attitude. we could lose 10 yrs of kane banging them in over a stupid incident or 2.

fair enough if u think a zero tolerance policy is best in the long run. i just feel u will lose a lot of good players with this tough love approach.

obviously u cant make an exception for the bigger players as that will undermine the zero tolerance stance.
id be interested if ud say kick out kane if he does a few stupid things or whether u would go against your zero telorance method.

Your first pick Harry Arrons in goal and your full back or can both be subs ok.
harry-kane-tells-a-young-spurs-f.jpg

Seems like we have quite a few in the first team. I imagine it's the reason they're not training with the youth team.
yeh a lot of outside top 4 players. gets a lot trickier when u get bigger & better players with big egos.
poch would be a brave man if he stuck to this regime with bigger players & at a bigger club.
can u imagine him at madrid with all those egos.
ronaldo wouldnt last longer than a few months.
but who cares when u have got a kid whos nearly 10% as good replacing him who behaves & listens carefully to the headmaster. woop woop.

Maybe Lennon wanted to train with the youth team. Maybe Poch thought he would be a good example for the youth. Who the fuck knows? It's all speculation and it is not fair to Poch or Aaron Lennon to jump to conclusions about either one of them being a prick when we know exactly shit jack.

yeh a lot of outside top 4 players. gets a lot trickier when u get bigger & better players with big egos.
poch would be a brave man if he stuck to this regime with bigger players & at a bigger club.
can u imagine him at madrid with all those egos.
ronaldo wouldnt last longer than a few months.
but who cares when u have got a kid whos nearly 10% as good replacing him who behaves & listens carefully to the headmaster. woop woop.
Yeah, I mean comparing Ronaldo to a mid table player in Aaron Lennon was a good one. Ronaldo could turn up to training, jog round the pitch once and go home and I'm sure Poch will be happy having one of the greatest footballers of all time in his team.

You'd think people at a top club would be more than happy to LISTEN to their manager. Imagine how hard that must be though. All those damn egos. Tough like a footballer.

I'm sure he just prefers to coach adult footballers who act like adults, want to work hard and will actually listen.
a lot of the players he alienates seem to behave good elsewhere. are u saying all this other managers are being way to soft & poch has got it just right?

Yeah, I mean comparing Ronaldo to a mid table player in Aaron Lennon was a good one. Ronaldo could turn up to training, jog round the pitch once and go home and I'm sure Poch will be happy having one of the greatest footballers of all time in his team.

You'd think people at a top club would be more than happy to LISTEN to their manager. Imagine how hard that must be though. All those damn egos. Tough like a footballer.

if thats true then that does undermine pochs zero type policy. i doubt others would feel they have to listen if other players dont. there are so many flaws to it.

lets just agree to disagree. i think poch will never manage a really big team & 1 of the reasons is his zero telorance, unflexiable way of working & low man management skills

im not comparing them. i was making a point.
pochs zero telorance policy is a joke once u get better players who in turn come with a higher opinion of themselves.

a lot of the players he alienates seem to behave good elsewhere. are u saying all this other managers are being way to soft & poch has got it just right?
What's their past got to do with anything? Who cares how they behaved at a previous club. Surely, it's more important how they act at Tottenham? Poch gave these players a chance. You seem to forget that Adebayor, Capoue and Kaboul (I imagine these idiots were the ones you were referring too) were starting at the start of the season? Luckily, Poch gave up on them, like the players did weeks before and we finally actually started performing.

If he's not going to be in the first team (as he shouldn't) or the squad (as he shouldn't), then he shouldn't take up a place in training either. Training should be used for getting players to gel together, get used to movements of others, etc. what's the point in having someone doing that when they won't play?

I'm sorry it's ended like this for Lennon, but ended it has. I'm glad we are ripping off the Elastoplast and not doing it slowly.

if thats true then that does undermine pochs zero type policy. i doubt others would feel they havevto listen if other players dont.

im not comparing them. i was making a point.
pochs zero telorance policy is a joke once u get better players who in turn come with a higher opinion of themselves.
How do you know this? There is being a Ronaldo, a Reus, a Hazard and having a higher opinion of yourself and being Aaron fucking Lennon, someone who has achieved nothing of note in world football. We don't know what Lennon has done, as someone mentioned he could be wanting to train with the youth, who knows. But if we're basing it off what the majority of us know, it's because Lennon thinks he's bigger than what he actually is, a proper big time charlie who's happy to just take a paycheck every month.

Back
Top Bottom