Aaron Lennon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Erm, can someone remind me why we loaned this guy out? I'd start him ahead of Chadli, Townsend & Lamela in a heartbeat. Since he's been at Everton I think he's been more effective than those 3 combined for us

Erm, can someone remind me why we loaned this guy out? I'd start him ahead of Chadli, Townsend & Lamela in a heartbeat. Since he's been at Everton I think he's been more effective than those 3 combined for us
I can remind you! It´s because Poch with a childs stubborness holds on to the inverted wingers system tough it´s pure shit! Lennon is useless in that system! It´s beyond me why Poch isn´t at least trying to play with real width with Lennon/Chadli down the right and Townsend/Lamela down the left?! With that system we could even try to abandon the midfield-system with two deep-lying central midfielders in Bentaleb-Mason and one offensive in Eriksen, and try to play with ONE holding midfielder Stambouli/Bentaleb and two more offensive in Eriksen-Dembelé/Mason! But hey what do i know, we might even create problems for the opponents defence, and that would´nt be good would it?!

It's weird that under redknapp ( & I was never a huge fan) the wingers swapped almost at will & it confused the fuck out of the oppo. Bale & Lenny running at the backs but now we seem to have no threat on the wings let alone reverse wingers... We lack width, spreading the game, it gets too congested with very little movement.

Fuck we need some pace on the flanks

Don't feel like he's been a player who suited Spurs for a long while...

But logically, he's increasing his value at the moment by playing well for Everton.
Even if he doesn't charm his way back into Poch's affections, that is no bad thing for us.

You all need to stop being so fickle. Lennon supporters were few and far between three months ago.

Always like him, every player goes off the boil at some point in a career. Who knows maybe he got fed up with too many " almosts " or " lasagne-gate" too! Please don't call people fickle because they have a different opinion to your good self

Always like him, every player goes off the boil at some point in a career. Who knows maybe he got fed up with too many " almosts " or " lasagne-gate" too! Please don't call people fickle because they have a different opinion to your good self

people are only fickle in my book when they go from shitting on a player to 'wondering' why he was loaned out. maybe you did support lennon the whole time, fine. most people did not, and are using our poor run of form as an excuse to slate a decision they once agreed with.

Leighton Baines claims Aaron Lennon is embarrassing his Everton team-mates into tracking back.

Lennon scored his second goal of his loan spell for the Blues against Swansea on Saturday and the Tottenham winger has helped turn around their league form.

Baines says he has inspired everyone to work harder because of his tireless tracking back and tackling.

The England left-back told Everton's official website: "He's got a couple of goals for us and he's played an important part in turning our form around.

"I remember before he'd played, and I got asked about him, I said that something people don't always give him credit for is his work-rate.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/infectious-aaron-lennon-embarrassing-everton-5511079

That just says to me that Everton are lazy. Which if we look at results and their performances this season, is true.

Lennons work rate has always been a strong part of his game.

I can remind you! It´s because Poch with a childs stubborness holds on to the inverted wingers system tough it´s pure shit! Lennon is useless in that system! It´s beyond me why Poch isn´t at least trying to play with real width with Lennon/Chadli down the right and Townsend/Lamela down the left?! With that system we could even try to abandon the midfield-system with two deep-lying central midfielders in Bentaleb-Mason and one offensive in Eriksen, and try to play with ONE holding midfielder Stambouli/Bentaleb and two more offensive in Eriksen-Dembelé/Mason! But hey what do i know, we might even create problems for the opponents defence, and that would´nt be good would it?!
Martinez plays the same system as Poch, Lennon is not playing out wide with chalk on his boots for Everton.

(The narrative of football: Listen to any Citeh fan and all they are moaning about is Pelegrini sticking to a 4-4-2 and how they get over run in midfield. Listen to Spurs, goons and Everton fans complain about not playing a 4-4-2 and lacking width by playing inverted wingers. Then West Ham, Hull and Stoke fans moaning about long ball. Add "no plan B" and "they lack passion and guts".........and yep think that about covers the Spectrum of football debate, although this year a new one hit Spurs vocabulary "we are lucky").

I'm not in a good mood, and therefore, not in the mood to fuck around.

Why don't you eat pudding. Cunt

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom