Aaron Lennon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Am I the only one that wasn't a huge Lennon fan? Sure he'd been here awhile and had some huge moments for us but he always looked better than he was, he went out partying too often and rumors have it that he wasn't working too hard behind the scenes. He just always came off as a bit of a cunt to me.
We know all that. But he scored 2 very important goals against Woolwich assisted the only goal in 180 minutes of football against ac milan where everyone had written us off, and ran at defenders with great speed. Had Ashley Cole in his pocket several times......

i won't go on but you get the idea.

We know all that. But he scored 2 very important goals against Woolwich assisted the only goal in 180 minutes of football against ac milan where everyone had written us off, and ran at defenders with great speed. Had Ashley Cole in his pocket several times......

i won't go on but you get the idea.
No I understand and I always wanted him to do well because he's spurs and I always appreciated his moments of greatness, they were just to few and far between and there should have been more. That always disappointed me and his off the field personality always bothered me. I'm just not part of the Lennon love that's going on right now but I do understand it.

You might not get it - but I know that he's not squeaky clean behind the scenes, and I know he's 1 arrogant c*nt who has had numerous rows with the youngster - Poch sees these players everyday remember. Gotta trust him, if he's causing agg, then we're right to fuck him off.
If that's true then that's really dissapointing, seeing as how he should be thinking back to the help he got from players like Davids when he was coming through.

Sad to see him go, gave us some great moments and memories, but his best days are well and truly behind him and with interest from a decent club like Everton it makes sense for all concerned.

Lennon was a great player for us for many years, from his start as a £1m backup to Routledge to the guy who would get the whole stadium on their feet when he turned on the afterburners. Year after year we'd hope he would be able to develop a consistently good cross to make him one of the best right wing options in the Premier League, but he was so often injured mid-season and came back too tentative, more reluctant to roast the full back each time, his trademark blistering runs happening less and less.

Ultimately he got more praise for his tracking back than he did for his forward forays and having not developed his game, offered less each season. He does not quite fit in to the role of a player who could cut inside, pick a pass, or get a shot off...(I've never seen a player so reluctant to get a shot off.) He's an old school winger, wide right in a 4-4-2, his pace is deserting him and he still hasn't developed a decent cross. Maybe it's down to his attitude, maybe he does not have the desire to be better and was just happy with being faster...I'll never shake the feeling of the player he could have been in spite of all the good memories of the player he was.

Good luck at Everton Aaron, I hope you can carry on at a decent level. There have been some great moments but in the end he's just another Spurs player who despite his qualities, had some failings that meant he just wasn't quite good enough to be great.

I remember seeing his breakthrough in 2005 thinking he's going to be a colossus (no height involved), but he reached a glass ceiling at one point. Yet he gave 110% everytime he was on the pitch and he was truly a yid through and through.

Everybody mentioned his important goals but I actually want to salute him for a different moment. It was last season when Andros was taking over his first team spot, AVB put Lennon as a sub at LW and Andros on the right, I can't remember against who it was but the opposition LB was brutally taking down Townsend time after time. Lennon ran from the other side fouled that twat got a yellow card but showed he was proper sportsman and above all a proper yid.

I truly hope he'll find a new home to blossom at.

I remember seeing his breakthrough in 2005 thinking he's going to be a colossus (no height involved), but he reached a glass ceiling at one point. Yet he gave 110% everytime he was on the pitch and he was truly a yid through and through.

Everybody mentioned his important goals but I actually want to salute him for a different moment. It was last season when Andros was taking over his first team spot, AVB put Lennon as a sub at LW and Andros on the right, I can't remember against who it was but the opposition LB was brutally taking down Townsend time after time. Lennon ran from the other side fouled that twat got a yellow card but showed he was proper sportsman and above all a proper yid.

Ah i remember that, fucking brilliant moment. Cant for the life of me remember what game it was though.

Ah i remember that, fucking brilliant moment. Cant for the life of me remember what game it was though.

It was Villa away lads. Townsend with the cross goal and Solado with the second after linking up with Paulinho.
I remember that foul, was about two seconds after Townsend got hacked.

Frustrating player, some great moments yes, but i also recall the team carrying him in the 06-07 seasons, when he used to just stand on the wing, expecting the ball and not getting involved.

That said the goals against the Chavs and Woowlich were great, but that was Lennon's issue, ten years with the club and I can count his memorable moments on one hand. If he had scored a few more and learnt to cross the ball he would have become a great.

that said a good return on £1m and fair play to a player staying at one club for ten years in the modern era.

birthday_zpsookp11kk.jpg

5syM0Me.jpg

Back
Top Bottom