Aaron Lennon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

BECAUSE WE CANT STAND YOU. Why don't you get it? Im sure you're a nice guy. Im sure id have no problem talking about other shit to you. But oh my god just the way you talk about football. The way you speak, is like, you think you're one of the greatest footballing minds that ever lived. Yet you have such a basic understanding of football. It comes across like you don't even watch games. You're annoying. End of. It's not like its just one or two people that think so, its the vast majority. We tell you in the hope you'll stop, but you don't. You go mental about it and that just makes you more unbearable.

And it definitely was not hundreds or thousands.

You're a fucking idiot. And believe me, i would happily say it to your face. Don't mistake my lack of respect for you as some form of hiding behind a keyboard.

Ooops. Sorry. Forgot to put quote marks around it. That's your post in the Lennon thread. What were you saying about posting styles?

I don't mind being hated by you Arcspace, Joe Clash or the tax dodger. For...Delicate...reasons.

But I get it. You use my posting style to ignore Lennon stumbling around. I do mind Tdub saying things about my posting style, which is why I would like to be put straight if he can dig them up.

Last edited:
You're a fucking idiot. And believe me, i would happily say it to your face. Don't mistake my lack of respect for you as some form of hiding behind a keyboard.

Ooops. Sorry. Forgot to put quote marks around it. That's your post in the Lennon thread. What were you saying about posting styles?
Whats your point. I still firmly stand by that?

Look i'll be honest, I'm bored of this now. You're not worth my time.

Jesus fucking H Christ... every fucking thread is only one misplaced comment away from a personal spat between SOMEONE!!!
You can't open a page now without two of you having a go at each other about SOMETHING!
... whass the matter with you cockadoody people sometimes???!!

I didn't criticize Lennon's heading.

No - you did

Perhaps the problem is not just me? Perhaps the people who hound me (You Arcspace, Joe Clash etc) melting down constantly is just as much to blame.

Me? - I couldn't give a fuck about you. You make as much sense to me as an Albanian drunk trying to speak Latin. You are actually on ignore, but since you have come back, the trail of posters insulting you is too tempting to avoid. If I accidentally hit on you talking about football, I would move on. You think you are worth reading, but frankly I would rather read a bus ticket, than anything you have to say about football.

That's what happens though. If Soldado, Townsend, Lennon etc etc end up being crap, then I'm at fault at talking about it? I would not shut up about it because THEY KEPT PLAYING SHIT.

Lennon, Soldado and Townsend were starting all the games back then. What else are we going to talk about? Only 11 players are on the pitch when the whistle blows.
YAWN............

shame to see him go s he could still do a job for us but also relieved at the same time. Was not a fan 1 bit of the way he's been treated in the past year. Some great memories of him.

Jesus fucking H Christ... every fucking thread is only one misplaced comment away from a personal spat between SOMEONE!!!
You can't open a page now without two of you having a go at each other about SOMETHING!
... whass the matter with you cockadoody people sometimes???!!
FUCK YOU MAN YOU WANNA FIGHT ABOUT IT?

HOLD ME BACK!

Been with the club for 10 years now, was player of the season at least once, helped dismantle AC Milan in one of Harry's tactical triumphs, and gave me many great memories from the 4-4 at the library to the first home win against Chelsea in yonks. Still a decent PL player with so much experience that would be great to have in our squad. Shame he couldn't have a proper send-off, and I hope to see him back at WHL so that we can pay tribute. Thanks for the memories Azza. In his prime, he was genuinely unplayable, and under-credited by many for an exceptional work rate.

Was my favorite player at one time. Then dug himself a hole, and really never lived up to his potential.
Shame how it turned out for him here ... Frustrating is an understatement.

But anyway ... Thanks for the memories and best of luck!

helped dismantle AC Milan in one of Harry's tactical triumphs
Mate, your memory of that game is cloudy at best. It was a brilliant result and ranks highly in my list of favorite matches, but our backs were against the wall for the full 180 minutes of that tie and AC Milan were shooting for fun at Gomes. Crouch's goal was completely against the run of play, an unheard of Brazilian played a fucking worldie and kept us from getting run over, and Gallas' clearance off the line was simply a miracle.

That game was a special moment, but calling it one of Harry's "tactical triumphs" is laughable.

Was my favorite player at one time. Then dug himself a hole, and really never lived up to his potential.
Shame how it turned out for him here ... Frustrating is an understatement.

But anyway ... Thanks for the memories and best of luck!

Where has 10 years gone, aye?! I remember signing him as an understudy for Wayne Routledge and we all know how that turned out!

Lennon's biggest problem was, he hit his peak very early and therefore never lived up to the exceptions people had of him.

Still, was a very good player for us - some great memories! :lennonlol:

My favourite player until Bale blew up.
(Respect to King obviously).
Godspeed you tiny dancing, head down, arm flailing, Evra embarrassing, Woolwich goalie going-round, blazing heeled legend.

Mate, your memory of that game is cloudy at best. It was a brilliant result and ranks highly in my list of favorite matches, but our backs were against the wall for the full 180 minutes of that tie and AC Milan were shooting for fun at Gomes. Crouch's goal was completely against the run of play, an unheard of Brazilian played a fucking worldie and kept us from getting run over, and Gallas' clearance off the line was simply a miracle.

That game was a special moment, but calling it one of Harry's "tactical triumphs" is laughable.
Fine, different interpretation maybe. But it was a tactical triumph because we didn't play our normal all out attack, we defended well and we won. We didn't dominate in any way, but we did what we had to in order to win.

Bit harsh. I was in the stadium so maybe biased but I thought we were okay first half and arguably the better side. Second half under the cosh and deffo the goal, when it came was against the run of play.

Back
Top Bottom