Aaron Lennon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lennon goal Wednesday would be fantastic. We've still never lost when he's scored.

I broke the bookshelf that day - kicked the door in, what a game

Aaah, the memories. We had just signed Berbatov, Jol was looking mean on the touchline, Goons were in distress, etc.

Can't believe it's been 8 years!

I was there, and I still cannot believe that cunt Terry was that abusive to someone he has known since a child. The place exploded at 2-1

I love Lennon, always have, in this world of instant gratification someone has to remember we signed him almost a decade ago, he has given so many good memories, still only 27 and has all the same attributes he always had. He probably suffered as all the old school mates, Daws, Defoe, Hudd left and seem to be largely replaced by players not as good, he is thriving in an environment that suits him, a passionate side

I was there, and I still cannot believe that cunt Terry was that abusive to someone he has known since a child. The place exploded at 2-1

I love Lennon, always have, in this world of instant gratification someone has to remember we signed him almost a decade ago, he has given so many good memories, still only 27 and has all the same attributes he always had. He probably suffered as all the old school mates, Daws, Defoe, Hudd left and seem to be largely replaced by players not as good, he is thriving in an environment that suits him, a passionate side
I was there too - Nov 5 IIRC - I remember all the fireworks in the night sky when the whistle went, and it was like it was for us.

Yes I am a soppy cunt.

I broke the bookshelf that day - kicked the door in, what a game

Aaah, the memories. We had just signed Berbatov, Jol was looking mean on the touchline, Goons were in distress, etc.

Can't believe it's been 8 years!
WHL unbelievably noisy that evening, fireworks going off, thick smoke in the air, and the shock that Lennon actually had a decent left peg.

Next week we lost 3-1 at reading, groan

Bye bye, Azza ... best of luck!

When you watch this, the San Siro winner, another goal against the scum at WHL when him and Bale scored within minutes, last minute winner against the bin-dippers at WHL, anticipation when he gets the ball and runs at defenders, you realise how good he could be at times. Shame there's not been even more but Azza has always been one of those players needing quite a run of games after injuries to get fully confident that he can go full-tilt and be at his best. It hasn't happened for some time but I do feel we've missed a trick with his discipline and potential to fit into a pressing style as part of 3 behind the striker.

Good luck!

I'll miss his first touch. What a first touch he had. He will always be Spurs to me. I'll never forget how amazing it was to see Lennon take off.

He really was a lot like Spurs, he flashed so much potential and was irresistible on his day but he never quite lived up to the promise. Proper Spursy.

Back
Top Bottom