Adama Traore

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Michael Carrick had 2 goals and 4 assists in 75 games.
I actually remember armchair fans moaning he didn't get enough goals or assists all the way back then. The bloke ran our midfield for 2 seasons and was brilliant.

Stats are poison.

Michael Carrick had 2 goals and 4 assists in 75 games.
I actually remember armchair fans moaning he didn't get enough goals or assists all the way back then. The bloke ran our midfield for 2 seasons and was brilliant.

Stats are poison.
Michael Carrick wasn't considered to be a forward or winger.

winks is a god then

Well - funny you should say that. How many years did the stat police support Winks because he had a 97% passing accuracy? It's only recently they figured out all 97% were 5 yards and backwards. Stats - they don't tell you the full story.

Michael Carrick wasn't considered to be a forward or winger.
But he was still questioned for his lack of goal inputs back then. The likes of Jenas scored more and was involved in more. (yet he got stick all the time too)

Fans just don't understand what a player is, or isn't adding sometimes if it's not written in a basic stat for them.

Well - funny you should say that. How many years did the stat police support Winks because he had a 97% passing accuracy? It's only recently they figured out all 97% were 5 yards and backwards. Stats - they don't tell you the full story.

But he was still questioned for his lack of goal inputs back then. The likes of Jenas scored more and was involved in more. (yet he got stick all the time too)

Fans just don't understand what a player is, or isn't adding sometimes if it's not written in a basic stat for them.
So we want players with poor stats?

Stats are important for attackers, you need some players to be productive. But there are players out there who enable the productive players to do their thing. Adama has the potential to be that kind of player imo, the same way Moussa Dembele let Eriksen, Alli & co do theirs.

Although I do think he will get assists if we sign him.

We want players who can add something to the team, whether there is a stat for that or not.
I think what Adama adds to a team is drive in bursts.

Statistically I doubt his crossing will add much more than Royal but he does give defenders problems due to his dribbling strength,

So we could agree that Adama will add umph.

edit I mean oomph.

I think what Adama adds to a team is drive in bursts.

Statistically I doubt his crossing will add much more than Royal but he does give defenders problems due to his dribbling strength,

So we could agree that Adama will add umph.

Exactly, What he'll also do is push the whole team further up the pitch. We will be playing in the opposition half more often which gives us more chance of scoring than if we're sat deep in our half and keep giving the ball away when we try to get out.

Exactly, What he'll also do is push the whole team further up the pitch. We will be playing in the opposition half more often which gives us more chance of scoring than if we're sat deep in our half and keep giving the ball away when we try to get out.
He's a bit like an Ox, driving forward well but once he gets to where he's going it seems to go pear shaped more often than not, so Conte is going to have to find a way of making his driving runs more useful.

Maybe get up the field and play a simple pass sideways, Or get Lucas to support him.

I have questions about how he will work out overall and it is hard to see this being a good move, but he certainly isn't a ready made Son replacement.

He can play in the same position as Son but does none of the things that Son does well and does nothing to replace him in the line-up.

We’re crying out for some technical ability and guile within the midfield.

Let’s sign a sauced up sprinter!!!

We are but the club should be able to sign multiple players at once particularly if the rumours we are selling 3/4 this month. If Conte wants Traore running the wing and someone like Brozovic or Neves in the midfield can we not go for both.

Getting Traore for wing back should not prohibit getting a good midfielder, striker or defender if we are ‘’backing Conte’’.

We are but the club should be able to sign multiple players at once particularly if the rumours we are selling 3/4 this month. If Conte wants Traore running the wing and someone like Brozovic or Neves in the midfield can we not go for both.

Getting Traore for wing back should not prohibit getting a good midfielder, striker or defender if we are ‘’backing Conte’’.

With Levy in charge probably not.

Back
Top Bottom