Adama Traore

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

‘He has all the right physical attributes’

But the football brain of Boris Johnson.

boris johnson GIF

The game is not all about goals and assists, Bergwijn has been a complete flop.

If you're playing as one of a front three you need to do something more than just getting your team up the pitch and picking up fouls. We're a team that doesn't score enough and doesn't create enough. Adama Traore sure isn't the answer to either problem.

Ndombele is creative, the issue for him is he's a midfielder in an era when teams mostly play with a midfield 3 who all work their fucking arses off and there's no room for luxury players, everyone has to be able to chip in across the board. Even guys like De Bruyne.

Conte is even more extreme in this regard, so it just doesn't work with us at all. Isn't to say he's a shit footballer but this league and this coach are the worst possible match for him.
Don't disagree with that - I'd take Traore for 20 million

But just being objective, we actually don't need fast players that can dribble without end product. We have a few of those.

We need more Ndombele types - just with the drive/passtion/energy.

Whichever side you're on Traore, the reason from what I've been able to gather is that their new manager Lage is trying out different options. Don't think Lage values him that much as previous managers. Plus their new loan signing Hwang Hee Chan started on fire scoring 4 goals in I think like 6 games out of 14 games. Doesn't look that impressive but still top goal scorer for wolves. I've seen Traore sub in for Hwang in past some games so that may be one of the reasons.

Hwang is currently sidelined with a hamstring injury until Feb.

Last edited:
Whichever side you're on Traore, the reason from what I've been able to gather is that their new manager Lage is trying out different options. Don't think Lage values him that much as previous managers. Plus their new loan signing Hwang Hee Chan started on fire scoring 4 goals in I think like 6 games out of 14 games. Doesn't look that impressive but still top goal scorer for wolves. I've seen Traore sub in for Hwang in past some games so that may be one of the reasons.
Thanks for that informative post.

Levy master stroke: he's going to tell Ndombele if he doesn't agree to fuck off and insists on seeing out his contract, he's going to be the one greasing Traore up.

Who’s the other? Lucas? Lucas as some end product. He’s a good player. Let’s not be harsh to him.

4 goals two years ago, 3 goals last year, 2 goals this year. That is not much end product at the PL level.

He does do better against the farmers in lower leagues that give him ton of time and space.

Back
Top Bottom