Adama Traore

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Which has been our problem since 2015.

It's not entirely true that we do not buy to improve our first 11. Royal, Reggie, Holjberg, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Sanchez, Romero - All brought for the first 11.

The issue has always been with attacking players. We aren't replacing Son and Kane; and it is difficult to find a player that offers more that Moura.

Our front 3 has gone stale, and is predictable and easy to defend against. If Traore can inject some speed, muscle and steam roll the ball forward, I'm all for it.

It's not entirely true that we do not buy to improve our first 11. Royal, Reggie, Holjberg, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Sanchez, Romero - All brought for the first 11.

The issue has always been with attacking players. We aren't replacing Son and Kane; and it is difficult to find a player that offers more that Moura.

Our front 3 has gone stale, and is predictable and easy to defend against. If Traore can inject some speed, muscle and steam roll the ball forward, I'm all for it.
I disagree that any of those names mentioned are better than Walker, Rose, toby, Jan, Eriksen, Wanyama and Dembele.

I disagree that any of those names mentioned are better than Walker, Rose, toby, Jan, Eriksen, Wanyama and Dembele.

I think you have your timeline mixed up

Royal replaced Aurier
Reggie replaced Davies
Romero replaced Toby
Sanchez replaced Fazio/Wimmer
Ndombele replaced Sissoko
Lo Celso replaced Eriksen
Holjberg replaced Winks

So, over the past couple of seasons, we have made some upgrades - the obvious failures being Lo Celso and Ndombele; leaving us short of creativity.

I think you have your timeline mixed up

Royal replaced Aurier
Reggie replaced Davies
Romero replaced Toby
Sanchez replaced Fazio/Wimmer
Ndombele replaced Sissoko
Lo Celso replaced Eriksen
Holjberg replaced Winks

So, over the past couple of seasons, we have made some upgrades - the obvious failures being Lo Celso and Ndombele; leaving us short of creativity.
Not really. I think you are moving puzzle pieces around to suit your thinking. Regardless of "who replaced who" technically, none of the players that have been part of our recruitment process are better than the players that preceded them.

And since you are being pedantic, Davies was our Rose back up that became first choice when Rose left. He's still there, in a different role. Reggie was signed as first choice left back. He's not better than prime Rose.

Aurier was signed as a first choice right back. He's not better than prime Walker. Royal despite his energy has not shown to be better than Aurier yet, despite being better defensively.

Romero has shown none of his Serie A form and is way short of prime Toby. You omitted a Jan replacement.

Sanchez was signed for competition in the team and despite arguably being our best CB in recent weeks was way short of value.

On no planet was Ndombele signed to be Sissoko's replacement. Especially when Sissoko was still here and playing more games. He only left last window.

Lo Celso was signed to replace Eriksen. He has not.

Hoijberg was signed as a DM. Winks was playing there, you are right. But that's because we never replaced the Dembele/Wanyama axis.

So again. Everyone we have signed for the first team has not improved anyone that was already here. Save maybe Lucas.

I think you have your understanding of what constitutes a competent first team player mixed up. We have not replaced those players adequately, however you want to dress it up.

What, he changes games by never scoring and rarely creating? 7 goals in 120 Wolves appearances for a wide player. Even Bergwijn is pissing himself.

But...but...but....

HE RUNS!!
He might not be able to score to save his life - 7 goals in 158 EPL matches
He might not have the ability to pick out and deliver dangerous balls to teammates - 16 assists in 158 EPL matches

But HE RUNS and HE DRIBBLES.
What happens after - either he runs out of pitch, misplaces pass/cross, skies ball 20 meters above goal - that does not matter.
But HE RUNS and HE DRIBBLES and HE IS STRONG.

And that is all what matters, don't you know :D ?!?

Added this on the other thread, but will post it here as well...

Two main things I've heard about Traore fans is "his output is poor, but if he would play with Spurs front line, it would improve" and "he is good at dribbling and progressing the ball"...

Well - prior to signing with us, Moussa Sissoko had either scored or assisted a goal for Newcastle in EPL for every 370 minutes. Traore's same stat is goal or assist for 386 minutes of EPL football. So yea, precedent of bringing physically strong but without footballing brain player to Spurs is really wonderful.

Also his dribbling and ball progression abilities were also so damn crutial and useful for the Spurs, right? A true superstar attacker he was...

Well done on bringing up goals and assists to complely miss the fucking point again and comparing him to Sissoko.

Yea, totally different things...

Both rather fast and strong (though Traore stronger of the two I agree),
Both of theirs most notable attribute is "running with the ball",
Both play in weaker teams in EPL for years,
Both 26 in time of the transfer or potential transfer,
Both lack footballing brain to make a decision,
Both poor in executing their chances,

Sissoko was AM player before he joined us, the fact he was turned to CM later does not change that fact.

But of course it is not similar at all... cause one's name is Sissoko and other is Traore... so they are not the same person so that means there can be no parallels or similarities between them, right?

Well done on bringing up goals and assists to completely miss the fucking point again and comparing him to Sissoko.
I think it's more that we are done with strong atheletes that can get the ball down the end of the pitch without it being any real benefit.

We need players that will actually improve the team. If Traore was so good, Wolves would be better and better teams than us would be courting him.

He dribbles and runs
He dribbles and runs
Adama Traore
He dribbles and runs.

My tap that does that, but at least it gives me water.

Back
Top Bottom