Adama Traore

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can accept him choosing Barca over us that’s fine but I doubt we would negotiate for a player who Conte doesn’t want nor ask him to come if he hate the RWB role, I don’t think we are that stupid, maybe we are but that would be disappointing.

Maybe there are better picks but the problem is this, if not Traore, who?

Conte seems to like Wingers converted to Wing Backs who can dribble well and provide width at least that is his history. The two remaining obvious ones are Lamptey and Livramento who are prem proven, beyond that we are taking gambles.

Well we were talking about enormous gamble as it was.
It was quoted that Traores wage would have been 120 k£ per week... for player of poor output who has not played in this position that is unreal risk, specially paired with the price.

So it's hardly like he would have fitted like hand to glove into this position.

Obviously I don't have list of RWBs to give you, but if we have even quarter-capable scouting team - for 25 m£ and 120k£ per week salary there should be lot of options. For that position I am also fine with taking chance with players out of EPL.

dont know whether to lol or cry.... that sooo many people said 'he's got no end product' and Barcelona are up for him is perhaps the worlds biggest mysteries...

Hardly a mistery.

With Luuk de Jong, Braitwhite etc - he fits into their legion of shit footballers quite well.
And in recent history there are lot more examples like that.

Kids - let's not forget - it was Barca's board that took on Coutinho and Dembele in respective windows - this has cost them roughly 400 million and given back fuck all.

b25776dc5dbae7c3c5508b057529a537.jpg

Traore would been fantastic under Conte Imo. Conte supposedly been after him since 2017? Levy had to though haggle the fuck out of him back to Spain last month over a few quids

Think he needed a change from Wolves.
He played brilliantly for Barcelona, it's only a loan and Spurs still have a chance to get him if Barcelona don't trigger the option to buy.
Conte wanted him, don't now why the deal didn't go through?

Should have got him in last summer. Just like Diaz's dad said, "Tottenham dithered too much and that allowed Liverpool to come in late"
Or that once everything had been agreed with both the club and the player his agent leaked the details of the deal to Liverpool.

We could have agreed the deal with Diaz on January 1st and the same thing would of happened.

You don't know that. You are guessing.
What am I guessing ?

That all terms were agreed with Diaz and his club ?

That his agent leaked the details to Liverpool ?

Or that if we'd agreed terms on January 1st he'd still have gone to Liverpool ?

"Tottenham had signed paperwork over a €45m plus €15m deal with Porto. In the end, though, it was Liverpool who took him for reportedly the same figures."

But sure it's all guesswork on my part.

Here's another link that only exists in my mind.
:harrylol::harrylol::harrylol:

They hijacked the deal because like Diaz's father said, we dithered too much. Took 6 months to fail with traore Same owner who took months to appoint a manager. This dithering is costing us.

In you own link it says Tottenham were mad because they were working on this deal for months. Everything has to take months. Dithering is what cost us.

Last edited:
They hijacked the deal because like Diaz's father said, we dithered too much. Took 6 months to fail with traore Same owner who took months to appoint a manager. This dithering is costing us.

In you own link it says Tottenham were mad because they were working on this deal for months. Everything has to take months. Dithering is what cost us.
Oh dear, talk about cherry picking.

Liverpool were contacted with all the details as soon as the deal was agreed.

So they didn't have to negotiate, they just came in with the same terms.

Plus the fact that Diaz's father said Liverpool was his dream move anyway.

He was always good, as long as you don't judge ability to create chances purely by assists. The way a team is structured plays a huge part, Wolves were never built in a way which got the best out of what he did. He is not a player who is good at playing in numerous different styles, he is a get the ball to a touchline, cause havoc and cross a ball type.

In an attacking team with intelligent, high level attacking players to feed off the danger he creates, he is an incredible asset. He will always have lots of sloppy, frustrating moments but he is an unstoppable player. Rui the other night didn't know what to do against him. No fullback does. In a front 3 with Kane & Son, or as a RWB with the space Emerson gets? We'd probably be sat here with a whole bunch more points.
He didnt want to play rwb

Back
Top Bottom