Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

give it a rest mate lol

If you think we've manage to spend all our transfer money over the last 10 years (excluding bonuses and signing on fees) and still make enough money to build a huge training centre and buy a massive chunk of north london using only the revenue generated from such dizzy heights as 1 season in the ECL and a league cup then either:

a) Daniel Levy is an amazing businessman, or;
b) ENIC have invested a large amount in the club.

Either way, there's much more to be upset about in life.

If you think we've manage to spend all our transfer money over the last 10 years (excluding bonuses and signing on fees) and still make enough money to build a huge training centre and buy a massive chunk of north london using only the revenue generated from such dizzy heights as 1 season in the ECL and a league cup then either:

a) Daniel Levy is an amazing businessman, or;
b) ENIC have invested a large amount in the club.

Either way, there's much more to be upset about in life.

skysports you stupid cunt :freund:

skysports you stupid cunt :freund:

Ah yes, the TV money just sits around like Scrooge McDuck's house and they think "What are the other teams worrying about - we've got lots of free cash. Shall we build a Training Ground or a Stadium with this?"

giphy.gif

This is from ITV..

The elder brother of Emmanuel Adebayor believes the Spurs striker has been brainwashed into believing his mother has placed a curse on him which is affecting his form.

Adebayor's brother Kola, 42, works as a truck driver in Germany, and told the Sun on Sunday:

"He has been brainwashed by these Muslim alfas - spiritual men - who prophesise when he scores goals and this is why he is not playing well."

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/a...inwashed-by-muslim-alfas-his-brother-claims/?

:adeninja::adeohshit:

This is from ITV..

The elder brother of Emmanuel Adebayor believes the Spurs striker has been brainwashed into believing his mother has placed a curse on him which is affecting his form.

Adebayor's brother Kola, 42, works as a truck driver in Germany, and told the Sun on Sunday:

"He has been brainwashed by these Muslim alfas - spiritual men - who prophesise when he scores goals and this is why he is not playing well."

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/a...inwashed-by-muslim-alfas-his-brother-claims/?

:adeninja::adeohshit:

One page too late

Shouldn't have ever given him a perm contract. It wasn't like he didn't have a track record. At the time he wasn't even in good form. We're the mugs here.

Did I readit correctly that one of the supporter's trust confirmed he's on £170,000 per week?
:pochwtf:
They didn't confirm. They used an old article which mentioned his City salary, and ignored all the others in the same google search that mentioned City subsidized his wages with us, up to that amount, until the end of his contract period (with them), but that we were only paying part of that (believed to be 100k).

Shouldn't have ever given him a perm contract. It wasn't like he didn't have a track record. At the time he wasn't even in good form. We're the mugs here.
:adestare:

Apart from the 6 goals in the last 8 league games he scored, or the 18 goals in 37 games over all comps that season.

On-loan-Adebayor or Prove-AVB-Wrong-Adebayor are a bargain at £5m all day long.

It's the other versions of him that dominate the majority of his career that are worrying. When he's good, he's up there with the best. When he's not playing well, he's like a fat bloke in the Sunday League.

Unfortunately, the biggest problem is that when he's not happy he seems to have trouble follow him - trouble that gets managers sacked and causes problems in the dressing room.

I hate to say I told you so...

actually, bollocks, I love this shit. I said sell him in the summer and got mullered. All the signs pointed towards this kind of disappointment and we would have got decent money for him.

I told you so. Ner-ner-ne-ner-ner.

:adegrin2:

They didn't confirm. They used an old article which mentioned his City salary, and ignored all the others in the same google search that mentioned City subsidized his wages with us, up to that amount, until the end of his contract period (with them), but that we were only paying part of that (believed to be 100k).

I get that, but the mystery was about what happens after the subsidy. Are we picking up the rest of the tab now?

I get that, but the mystery was about what happens after the subsidy. Are we picking up the rest of the tab now?
Everything I've ever seen states that we didn't up his pay after the City contract ended. As such, I assume he signed with us for a lower wage than City paid, and City paid the difference to get him the hell out of Manchester. Arguably, we should do the same, even as loathe as we may be to do it.

I hate to say I told you so...

actually, bollocks, I love this shit. I said sell him in the summer and got mullered. All the signs pointed towards this kind of disappointment and we would have got decent money for him.

I told you so. Ner-ner-ne-ner-ner.

:adegrin2:

so you love Tottenham players failing, to in turn make you look like a smart arse lol :pochfacepalm:

:adethumbup:

Back
Top Bottom