Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Get off your bloody high horse, the only thing wrong with Adebayor is that he's an attention whore, if he's not the centre of attention he does all he can to make sure he is, even his family is fair game.

I'm not on a high horse!

You clearly have an intimate knowledge of Ade and his mental health that none of us do.

Take a bow and pray it doesn't happen to you.

:letmyselfout:

And yes this me posting after I said I wouldn't say anything else on this subject!

As dee gee pointed out, he has to recognise that he has issues , if he is not willing or able to comprehend that he needs help then unfortunately his behaviour will remain unstable.

I think he will recognise he needs help after his career has finished and he has been bled dry, just like gazza.

As I know from experience with a former partner, you can not apply logical thinking and come up with answers or solutions to someone who is illogical.

He has to help himself first.

Agreed but can he help himself?

Agreed but can he help himself?

I am not sure, depends on his family and support network and given the histrionics over the last few months with family members, I don't see where this support will come from?

I am assuming spurs have given him leave to address these issues and have probably done more than a lot of employers would.

Then again none of us know for sure how much help spurs or previous clubs have given him, trouble by taking a leave of absence he surrounds himself with the people giving him issues......take away the football career and money and things will quickly spiral out of control.....

I think the whole thing is Eddie in Trading places on a grand scale

3266c5757c857e3720e80fdf7c2aa22d.jpg

If someone shows me a doctors report with all the details of his illness I will happily say I am wrong and insensitive. Gazza was in and out of treatment, it doesn't seem that Ade or any of his mates are in pain or that concerned right now riding dune buggies and chilling at his mansion

Would love to hear what Sherwood thinks of the Villa walk out thing, aside from a sign from God what really happened?

You're the one saying he's sick and needs treatment...

And you're saying he doesn't in that you're accusing him of being an attention whore!

I bet you weren't saying that when he scored for Citeh against the scum and ran the whole length of the field to celebrate in front of the Goon fans!

I thought it hilarious and his finest moment!

I don't think we know the full story of what the club is doing to help him or what he is doing and that's right in that is none of our business but like I said earlier this transcends football issues!

And you're saying he doesn't in that you're accusing him of being an attention whore!

I bet you weren't saying that when he scored for Citeh against the scum and ran the whole length of the field to celebrate in front of the Goon fans!

I thought it hilarious and his finest moment!

I don't think we know the full story of what the club is doing to help him or what he is doing and that's right in that is none of our business but like I said earlier this transcends football issues!
We don't even know is there's anything wrong with him....a few rambling facebooks posts don't count, if that was the case there'd be a load of facebookers committed...

We don't even know is there's anything wrong with him....a few rambling facebooks posts don't count, if that was the case there'd be a load of facebookers committed...

Agree there!

Quite a lot of facebookers shd be committed !

If you're happy there's nothing mentally wrong with Ade and he is a normal rational, if greedy, person then let's agree to disagree!

He's been a bad apple everywhere he's gone, but he went truly looney while under contract with us. As such, really think Spurs should just be the bigger man, or.. entity? and make sure he's okay.

given our CF situation, I really wish he and the club could've worked things out

Surprised at you of all people!

This sad situation for me has transcended football and is about a sick human being who doesn't know what he wants or what to do!

Some of the hate filled posters on here should be ashamed of themselves!

Mrs P,
I don't include you in that group but I do disagree with your post!

For his own sake I hope he gets the treatment he needs and it's irrelevant whether he wants it or he thinks he doesn't need it.

He is mentally ill so logic goes out of the window and for once on here I do know what I'm talking about and this is the last thing I'll say on the subject.
Maybe I haven't explained myself as fully as I should have. I have every sympathy with anyone who suffers any illness, and they should be accorded every help available. But I personally feel that Ade is now extracting the michael - if that's not the case, then I will hold my hands up and accept that I have judged him wrongly. This is just my opinion and gut feeling.

I didn't read every post, but my take is this....I have every sympathy for him and understand he is dealing with issues that most of us will never have to deal with (thankfully). However, he is still a professional and should fucking act like one. End of.

I trust that Spurs, as conscientious organisation that has proven it is capable of compassionate behaviour, will accept that it has a duty of care to Adebayor, no matter what he has done in the past and no matter how much his contract is costing.
giphy.gif

Emmanuel Adebayor has been likened to "a bad date" by Togo coach Tom Saintfiet, who says he will not select the Tottenham striker.

Saintfiet said Adebayor, 31, failed to respond to a call-up for an African Cup qualifier with Djibouti on 4 September.
In June he threatened to miss the match after being stripped of the captaincy.
Saintfiet said: "If you are dating a woman who does not want to respond positively, then you must look for another woman."

Adebayor failed to reply to Togo management regarding last week's game by text message or email, according to Saintfiet.

"For me, it is clear that he is a player who does not want to play for his country anymore,'' added Saintfiet.
Adebayor is yet to feature for Spurs this season and has been left out of both their Premier League and Europa League squads.

I've got no time for him,
But at the same time I'd love to see him back in the team if he got his head right and was scoring goals for fun.

If we're going to continue to pay him then the club should do everything to get him back on the pitch and performing at his best.
Much better solution than not giving a shit about him and training with the reserves...

Interesting article, I have thought something similar myself. It really seems he is surrounded by hangers on and people with their hands out. As much as he annoys really would not wish the current mess his life appear to be in on anyone. He might be earning shit loads now but I can really see him as a penny less 50 year old.

Maybe I haven't explained myself as fully as I should have. I have every sympathy with anyone who suffers any illness, and they should be accorded every help available. But I personally feel that Ade is now extracting the michael - if that's not the case, then I will hold my hands up and accept that I have judged him wrongly. This is just my opinion and gut feeling.
He can be ill and extracting the Michael at the same time. Being nuts doesn't mean you're not a jerk also. Ade may be a good example of this.

Back
Top Bottom